Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
Honestly - it takes SECONDS to send a text message.

I AM SO FARKIN TIRED of girls pretending like they have no time to respond to guys or talk to them. In less time than it takes to pee, you can respond to a guy. Stop pretending you're so busy.. maybe if you didn't waste time gossiping in the hallways you could respond?

I work three jobs.. and guess what, I can find 15 seconds in my day to write a three line text.. get over yourself and youll stop losing guys.

You are saving lives, great. I have friends who work in the ER too and guess what, they respond all the time!!
I have to agree...if you can find time to pee or eat you can take 15 seconds to text "busy at work but didn't forget about you!"

He took your lack of response to mean that you are just not that into him. I don't see what the biggie is...you found out early on that your actions (or lack of) don't match his expectations and continuing this any further would have been more of a headache than it is probably worth.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:55 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:

I AM SO FARKIN TIRED of girls pretending like they have no time to respond to guys or talk to them. In less time than it takes to pee, you can respond to a guy. Stop pretending you're so busy.. maybe if you didn't waste time gossiping in the hallways you could respond?

I work three jobs.. and guess what, I can find 15 seconds in my day to write a three line text.. get over yourself and youll stop losing guys.

You are saving lives, great. I have friends who work in the ER too and guess what, they respond all the time!!
This is a brutally honest post for the OP.
Also, you mention you see your family every other sunday, and you see friends on the weekend..
So other than your work, every other sunday, and friends on the weekend....
When are you actually willing to spend time with a guy for a relationship ?

Sounds like your lifestyle is more for someone who 'casually' dates. You won't be able to keep any guy around that actually wants a relationship with your lifestyle.
And if a relationship with a guy is really important to you, then you are going to HAVE to make sacrifices in your other relationships.

The thing is, most everyone else in America works, even SINGLE PARENTS, and they still find time to spend with someone in a romantic interest IF THEY WANT TO.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
He took your lack of response to mean that you are just not that into him. I don't see what the biggie is...you found out early on that your actions (or lack of) don't match his expectations and continuing this any further would have been more of a headache than it is probably worth.
This.

Still would like to hear some more details from the OP.

Was this a first date from the internet?
Someone she's gone out with a few times?
What?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 PM

313 posts, read 664,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
Sounds like you are too busy to be worrying about getting into a relationship.

I think that the 24 hours was a bit short of time for bail, but it sounds to me like you had already decided to get together and he was trying to firm up plans. If that's the case I would have been annoyed also.
There was no set date to go out. He said he was free Thurs- Sat. But we haven't confirmed a date.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, but to be fair, my mother (nurse) isn't allowed to have her phone on herself unless it's during her lunch break.

My boyfriend works surgery, and same deal. He also has a buddy who works in the ER and can't. My boyfriend only responds to his texts during lunch hour.

OP, I'd say it's a bit silly of him to bail so quickly, but it sounds as if your relationship was still hardly a relationship, judging by the fact that he "dumped" you via text. Move on.
I know a bunch of nurses. IME I have never had one nurse not respond to a text I sent. Not to discredit lmw36, but around where I live and even in Texas, nurses are able to respond to text messages with no problem. Granted, I have heard ER is kinda insane, but I don't see why you can't send one text a day or every other day just to say "hi, really crazy busy at work, hope you are having a good day....."

Old 12-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:

Not if you work at night. Why would I text people who are sleeping? I was planning to text him when I get home the next day but I was so tired that I fell asleep.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
He didn't dump you because you didn't return his call.

He dumped you because you didn't return his call AND he's just not that into you. Not enough to make an effort, anyway.

He's essentially telling you his time is more important than yours which may or may not be wildly inaccurate and insulting. Ok, whatever.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,167,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I know a bunch of nurses. IME I have never had one nurse not respond to a text I sent. Not to discredit lmw36, but around where I live and even in Texas, nurses are able to respond to text messages with no problem. Granted, I have heard ER is kinda insane, but I don't see why you can't send one text a day or every other day just to say "hi, really crazy busy at work, hope you are having a good day....."
That may be true for nurses, but I was saying this on the basis that the OP seems to be some sort of emergency responder or ER worker. Most of whom can't have these devices on them, and if they do, have absolutely no business looking at them.

OP, my boyfriend works 12 hour shifts in the OR and sometimes is too pooped at the end of the day to barely say more than goodnight.

If he ditched you that quickly, most likely he found a "better offer" or is just hungry for attention. Also, I'm interested to know if you were actually dating. Being "dumped" means you were actually dating exclusively, and I'm hoping since this person is probably older than 15, it's a red flag he "dumped" you via a text message.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This.

Still would like to hear some more details from the OP.

Was this a first date from the internet?
Someone she's gone out with a few times?
What?

He approached me when I was out alone. We went out twice.

No biggie. I'm used to getting dumped for the same reason. One guy did a disappearing act on me then complained that I didn't look for him.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
I'm so sick of people using that excuse, I was so busy at work etc or whatever. It takes 5 minutes to make a call like that. If you totally forget about someone, that's a different matter, and probably means you aren't interested enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships