Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 03:36 AM

681 posts, read 618,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
The proof that the OP is full of it about not having time, is by the amount of posts she has posted in this thread and the time that took for her to do it, plain and simple. Instead of writting a thread on here she could have spent less time texting the guy back saying she forgot to text him and would like to do something....if she really cared enough about the guy I mean...but here we are on city-data.com exchanging messages that take up some time which cuts into my dookey and pee pee time.
And we all know that cutting into dookey and pee pee time is a No NO! haha

Old 12-22-2012, 06:12 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,134,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Like what I said that night was crazy busy that I couldn't take a break to make a personal call or even pee. I deal with patients who are mentally ill. The ones who other people dont want to be around with. They are the bad ones, very unpredictable, sneaky, manipulative, argumentative, suicidal. You name it, I have probably dealt with it. I had a patient who was trying to kill himself that night, was physically abusive to staff and was danger to other patients. Three strong guys couldn't hold him down. Do you think the first thing on my mind was to call this guy back? I was more concern about my patient, his safety and the safety of other patients and staff in our unit.
Oh brother, give me a break. I did a job just like this for three years. Get over yourself. Yes, there are absolutely insane days/nights, but unless every single patient on your unit was being "sneaky, unpredictable, manipulative, and suicidal" - please. There is down time, especially at night.

It's not that hard to respond with a simple, "had a crazy night, talk later" text. Apparently, you were awake enough to see that he called (or texted) on your way home.

Last edited by tazzled; 12-22-2012 at 06:23 AM..

Old 12-22-2012, 06:23 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I also noticed you posted on CD on Tuesday late afternoon, then again in the evening and then on Wed in the early morning....so you were REALLY busy at work saving lives and couldn't call him but you could post on here. See...you just weren't that into him otherwise you would have been calling or texting him at those times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Actually, the OP is full of garbage about not having time. She said she worked Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning.

Yet there she was on City-Data Tuesday afternoon and night...

PART 2: Does he like me or just being friendly thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/27401848-post8.html
Glad I'm not the only one that caught onto that!

Me thinks the whole "he called twice on Tuesday and texted to dump me on Wed" is a story. I'm betting Yellow just likes to toot her horn about how great she is and how busy and independent she is and was hoping we'd all take her side, tell her she dodged a bullet and that he's needy.

When nobody did, then the story had to morph so that she looked like she WAS uber busy, ya know, saving lives and all. Next time you start fabricating stories Yellow, you should really check your own posting history first

BUT...I'm going to predict here that you'll come back and say "it wasn't this past Tues...it happened in the past and I was just thinking of it now" LMAO

Old 12-22-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Glad I'm not the only one that caught onto that!

Me thinks the whole "he called twice on Tuesday and texted to dump me on Wed" is a story. I'm betting Yellow just likes to toot her horn about how great she is and how busy and independent she is and was hoping we'd all take her side, tell her she dodged a bullet and that he's needy.

When nobody did, then the story had to morph so that she looked like she WAS uber busy, ya know, saving lives and all. Next time you start fabricating stories Yellow, you should really check your own posting history first

BUT...I'm going to predict here that you'll come back and say "it wasn't this past Tues...it happened in the past and I was just thinking of it now" LMAO
She was SAVING LIVES!!! Don't be cruel

Old 12-22-2012, 07:49 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
He called twice on Tuesday. I was at work saving lives not sitting infront of my computer killing time. He sent a text on Wednesday afternoon, pretty much saying that he has moved on.
It happened before with different guys. They just dumped me because I'm to busy to go out with them. I have friends I hang out with on weekends and family I see every Sunday. If I'm free I go out on dates but there are times I want time on my own too and do my own thing.
If you are too busy to date, why should a man wait around for you? You want time on your own to do your own thing and you have it. I don't understand why you are complaining. You obviously prefer the company of your friends and family to potential suitors, so sit back and enjoy the life you have built for yourself.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:16 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
What they mean by "having your own life" is that you don't bother them when they don't want you to and to always be there when they're ready to see you. (figuring out when that is is a challenge, but they expect you to just know when that is from day 1)

I read an article on a business website about digital etiquette and the author said "When someone reaches out to you, you should always acknowledge them. You wouldn't ignore them in person." So simple, yet so true. The only exception is if you don't want to communicate with them anymore.

It is true though that some people are just too busy or absent to date or have a relationship.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Anybody here who got dumped for being unavailable?

I got dumped again for not returning a guy's call and for not texting him back. It wasn't intentional. I was just very busy with work. He called me to plan our date but there was so much things going on with my life that I totally forgot to call him back and to reply to his texts ( I've been working 12 hours and been working nights) Then he sent me a text saying that he has moved on. Ofcourse, I did not reply to it because it was too obvious that he dumped me and what else is there to say.

Its not the firs time that it happened so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I thought guys like women who have their own lives and not dependent on them? You know, women who have hobbies, an actual job and friends they hang out with.

It sucks getting dumped for something like this. Guys, what do you think am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?
Sounds like you're too busy to date.
I can take hours to return a text, too (because I am not hogtied to my phone like many pathetic people and just because you CAN reach me doesn't mean I'm obligated to be at your beck and call), but if you knew the date was coming up, you should have made more of an effort.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
because I am not hogtied to my phone like many pathetic people
?

Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
?
Oh, I find our phone-obsessed society to be a sad, sad thing.
People are much more involved with their online lives than their real lives.
And don't get me started on people going out together and then sitting there texting other people.
But this is OT.
My point was to express that even though I can't stand our now now now cell phone society, I think she should have taken the time to be more attentive to this guy.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Oh, I find our phone-obsessed society to be a sad, sad thing.
People are much more involved with their online lives than their real lives.
And don't get me started on people going out together and then sitting there texting other people.
But this is OT.
My point was to express that even though I can't stand our now now now cell phone society, I think she should have taken the time to be more attentive to this guy.
Oh, okay. I agree with you on some aspects. But yes, part of current dating culture is communicating via text. It's really no different than when it was communication via landline. The whole point is that you can't expect to have a relationship with someone when you ignore their attempts at communicating with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships