Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Should HAVE!!! It's a VERB. Come on.

Jeez Raena....you're driving me nuts!!
Hey. Should've works too!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Well she ain't havin none of it.

OP unless you teleport to work, you have time to sms. Time on the train, time at the traffic lights.

I don't know why you're so confused about it. It's obvious he finds you rude and that must be on his list of non negotiables.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
If I had no connection with a girl, and she wasn't Jessica Alba. Getting blown off no matter her circumstances would probably make me want to move on.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 PM

67 posts, read 138,341 times
Well, he did call you to plan a date. This is the kind of call that would require some kind of response from you. A lack of response is a lot worse than a mere "No, sorry. I'm busy right now." At least with this answer he could have tried to reschedule a date!

Old 12-22-2012, 12:28 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
I worked Tuesday afternoon till Wednesday morning. I got home so tired and forgot to call him. I woke up Wednesday afternoon seeing a text that I got dumped. What did I do wrong?

I don't see why you are so upset over this. Clearly, you just weren't that into him. If you liked him, you wouldn't forget about him entirely like that. You'd have found the 30 seconds to send a text confirming.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:34 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Well she ain't havin none of it.

OP unless you teleport to work, you have time to sms. Time on the train, time at the traffic lights.

I don't know why you're so confused about it. It's obvious he finds you rude and that must be on his list of non negotiables.
It's refreshing to see you being gender neutral on things like this. I look at most of your posts and think I will have to be a gymnast in my thirties to pass the test of my fiance.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:46 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
I worked Tuesday afternoon till Wednesday morning. I got home so tired and forgot to call him. I woke up Wednesday afternoon seeing a text that I got dumped. What did I do wrong?
You did not do anything “intentionally” wrong…
I recently began a new career in the medical field again. I was offered more money and more hours at a specialty practice as a surgical tech and admin in a 5 MD/Surgeon practice…I took it because I always follow money and being that I love this field as well..
Well to make a long story short I recently broke up with my b/f of year and to be honest? I have not had enough ime to come down to even consider thinking about a “new guy”
I most definitely can relate to 11-12 hour days since surgery waits for noone..and you need to stay until the MD is finished with the procedure..

My day can start at 6:45-7:15 am and not end till 7:00 that evening..When I get home? The only thing I am really concerned aboutis, how my son did that day, his events, homework, dinner, laundry and then? BED…

There have been several times when I have received texts from family and friends and somehow they understand if I do not return their text or call until the next day…
If I remember to check my messages ( since I am not strapped to my phone) I will text them in between activities and household duties and explain I love them to bits but I am exhausted and I will talk to them later.
On weekends? I try to squeeze as much as I can of family, friends and households crap as well as errands, paying bills and so forth.

I will stay up very late because it is my weekend and I am trying to “live” so to speak.
Did you explain to this man the nature of your work? The hours you keep? And not to take it personally if you do not respond within SECONDS, minutes or even hours after he texts or calls?
That you are very interested in him but your work sometimes takes precedence since this is the means in which you feed yourself?
I have found this to be very beneficial since it assists in weeding out any “Needy” “Clingy” men looking for a woman whom is available “at their very whim.”
Yet these are the same men that state on their profiles that they want an “Independent” “hard working” “stable” woman that has their “sheet” together?
Well this description calls for a woman that has a career and maybe cannot respond as quickly as they would like or is not readilt available when “they” are ready to have “conversation” In this case? Date a woman whom has a regular “job” or a woman whom is employed part-time or not employed at all.
There is time for a relationship however this has to be a compromise..
The way I look at it? This guy did you a favor..move on..

Old 12-22-2012, 01:04 AM

289 posts, read 396,524 times
This person sounds way too needy if they can't wait more then 24 hrs to get a reply to meaningless texts. You're probably better off.

I hate the "always on" culture some people have nowadays. It's laughable that you need to get back to someone immediately after only going on two dates. I think a lot of people in this thread would hate to be involved with me, I dropped all social media and cancelled my cell phone plan about 2 years back. Turns out my landline doesn't get text messages.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:05 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
My day can start at 6:45-7:15 am and not end till 7:00 that evening..When I get home? The only thing I am really concerned aboutis, how my son did that day, his events, homework, dinner, laundry and then? BED…

If I was thinking about making someone a potential candidate for a long term relationship, I would not be with this kind of person. If they had no time to think of me at any point in the day enough to show they cared to put me on that list right there then I would not have the time to waste my effort or time on them. They have no time for a serious relationship from what it looks like based off of this response.

There have been several times when I have received texts from family and friends and somehow they understand if I do not return their text or call until the next day…
If I remember to check my messages ( since I am not strapped to my phone) I will text them in between activities and household duties and explain I love them to bits but I am exhausted and I will talk to them later.

This is understandable when it comes to people you've known for a while or family because they know the routine and know you really do care as you have known them forever, but with a new relationship the circumstances change when it comes to communication. If I had just started a relationship or was in the dating phase still and didn't recieve a response to a text about plans for next week or something like that which shows I care enough to fill my schedule with spending time with you then I would take that as someone not caring or simply ignoring me. I would see it as, I was as equally busy as you and took my time out to set an important date with you, but somehow you were too busy to care. What I mean is how do we know how busy the guy that sent the text was? Maybe he was as busy as her too and even so, a text is a simple 10 second thing. Who doesn't have that? I'm not waiting around to see what your week's schedule is like when I ask you if you can go out and you don't respond within a day, I need to know when to schedule things because I have stuff to do also, but from your point of view you do not consider this.

On weekends? I try to squeeze as much as I can of family, friends and households crap as well as errands, paying bills and so forth.

This is not a schedule for serious relationships, plain and simple.

I will stay up very late because it is my weekend and I am trying to “live” so to speak.
Did you explain to this man the nature of your work? The hours you keep? And not to take it personally if you do not respond within SECONDS, minutes or even hours after he texts or calls?
Like I said, it's different with people you know, but when you have a new person you are interested in and vice versa then it would be the respectful thing to do to send a simple text saying you are too busy to talk ect..That way they can make their own plans for the day instead of putting effort into thinking of you.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:12 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
I think if a guy would dump me for not returning his call, I would be happy that I got away from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships