Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The coonery (and co-signing on coonery) continues....
Coonery?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
thats prolly cuz they live in a majority white country
True. My point stands.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,019,067 times
Quote:
The coonery (and co-signing on coonery) continues....
If you don't like the thread why do you continue to post in it?

Old 01-19-2013, 10:36 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I googled coonery and while I haven't read every single post here with a fine tooth comb, I don't believe the OP in just a simple statement of liking Asian women necessarily qualifies as degrading black folks and perpetuating negative stereotypes of black people.... IDK.. unless I missed a few posts..

Sorta confused here...

Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Well I guess I'm odd. I like what I like. I've actually been in denial about it my attraction to Asian women simply because its weird, its not accepted by society and most Asian women do not like black men.

I never said black women where ugly either or I didn't think they were beautiful. Black women are beautiful but I just not attracted to most of them. It's not a choice its just the way I'm wired.
Sorry, saw this topic and had to chime in..

You're wasting your time by going back and fourth about your preferences as a black man, there is absolutely no level of explanation that you could give that would satisfy some of the posters on here. They are judging you from a perspective of how they believe "black men" think, act and behave. Essentially you are not defending yourself, but the actions of an entire race of men. You best believe that if a white guy walked in here and said exactly what you just said about Asian, Latin and Black Women--this discussion wouldn't even cross anyone's minds. But because you're a black man then the script is dusted off, pulled out and announced "oh yeah--sell out, because that's how they always are."A a matter of fact--quite a few of the women on here would be beaming with smiles at the very idea of a white guy saying exactly what youv'e stated in your OP.

Also take note, the same people calling you a "sell out" on here, are the same people (male and female posters alike) who applaud black women for being interested in males of other races and congratulate them for being "open minded" and for "exploring their options" no matter what the reason.

As for Asian women, I haven't had much interest myself, but I certainly grabbed the attention of quite a few in more diverse areas in large cities. As many of them grow up a bit more distanced from the traditional Asian family structure, you'll find that a lot of them are becoming acclimated to a much more diverse set of co-workers, colleagues and friends--so naturally an attraction is likely to occur.But I think it's fairly simple--if that's what you're attracted to, then you have to go to where they are. Women (unless you are a celebrity or someone with a high degree of noteriety) are definitely not going to make the first move, and this probably rangs much more true with Asian women. You'll probably have to do a bit of straight forward asking out before you find what it is that you are looking for. From what I've seen, quite a number of them expect the man to be very aggressive (and not in the negative way.)

Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
If you don't like the thread why do you continue to post in it?
Black American men are the ONLY men who relish in gleefully bashing their own race of women and I felt compelled to comment on the continued coonery of it all.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I googled coonery and while I haven't read every single post here with a fine tooth comb, I don't believe the OP in just a simple statement of liking Asian women necessarily qualifies as degrading black folks and perpetuating negative stereotypes of black people.... IDK.. unless I missed a few posts..

Sorta confused here...
Me 2 I 'm confused as well. I never degraded black women at all.

Quote:
Black American men are the ONLY men who relish in gleefully bashing their own race of women and I felt compelled to comment on the continued coonery of it all.
When did I bash black women?

Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Sorta confused here...
How many white men bash white women in order to justify desiring to date a Hispanic woman? How many Hispanic men bash Hispanic women in order to justify desiring to date a Black woman. How many Asian men bash Asian women in order to justify desiring to date white women?

And now, how many black men bash black women in order to justify desiring to date a (fill in the blank) woman?

This coonery has been seen so many times that it is seen as "normal" for black men to bash black women.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times
I think the term "coonery" is raising a few eyebrows.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Sorry, saw this topic and had to chime in..

You're wasting your time by going back and fourth about your preferences as a black man, there is absolutely no level of explanation that you could give that would satisfy some of the posters on here. They are judging you from a perspective of how they believe "black men" think, act and behave. Essentially you are not defending yourself, but the actions of an entire race of men. You best believe that if a white guy walked in here and said exactly what you just said about Asian, Latin and Black Women--this discussion wouldn't even cross anyone's minds. But because you're a black man then the script is dusted off, pulled out and announced "oh yeah--sell out, because that's how they always are."A a matter of fact--quite a few of the women on here would be beaming with smiles at the very idea of a white guy saying exactly what youv'e stated in your OP.

Also take note, the same people calling you a "sell out" on here, are the same people (male and female posters alike) who applaud black women for being interested in males of other races and congratulate them for being "open minded" and for "exploring their options" no matter what the reason.

As for Asian women, I haven't had much interest myself, but I certainly grabbed the attention of quite a few in more diverse areas in large cities. As many of them grow up a bit more distanced from the traditional Asian family structure, you'll find that a lot of them are becoming acclimated to a much more diverse set of co-workers, colleagues and friends--so naturally an attraction is likely to occur.But I think it's fairly simple--if that's what you're attracted to, then you have to go to where they are. Women (unless you are a celebrity or someone with a high degree of noteriety) are definitely not going to make the first move, and this probably rangs much more true with Asian women. You'll probably have to do a bit of straight forward asking out before you find what it is that you are looking for. From what I've seen, quite a number of them expect the man to be very aggressive (and not in the negative way.)
Thanks for the information.

It's amazing that I am a sellout, self hating black man who hates black women just because I have a strong preference for asian women.

Your right theres no point even defending myself because people are going to believe what they want to believe.
There is a double standard. If I said I was white and had a strong preference for asian women the discussion of me being a self hating man wouldn't even come into discussion.

Should I really move to area where asian women are plentiful? It seems a little crazy...just to move somewhere to chase asian women..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships