Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
What city is he in? Trust me. It makes a massive difference.

If he is in New York and he cannot find a woman who is a keeper, something is wrong with him. Match.com is 60% women in his age group in New York City. If he is in San Diego, Denver, or Phoenix, where match.com is 60% men....the dude is pretty much screwed.
He's from San diego area. But he tells me his parents are setting him up with MANY women and Match.com is just one way he uses to meet women. He does not look for women in bars. So far, he sounds very nice. But this "no women passed third date" thing scares me a little. I am nothing special, you know. lol just saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Well, if you saw him 6 years ago that means you were there also, not just him. I was on there 5-6 years ago and went back a couple years ago and saw a lot of the same people.. no big deal. You go with what you know, I suppose...

Try him out. Maybe he wont make it past the 2nd date!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Are you sure he's been on the site continuously for six years? I don't get why people don't think that other people can leave the site and return like they did. Instead they're always like, you're STILL here?
He told me he was there for six years straight lol

Old 02-04-2013, 06:57 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
How do you know he isn't just a player telling you what you want to hear?
If he's putting the doctor info out there, plenty of woman will jump on it wether it is true or not.
Do you know for a fact that he is a doctor?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He told me he was there for six years straight lol
Ok nevermind then. lol

Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
How do you know he isn't just a player telling you what you want to hear?
If he's putting the doctor info out there, plenty of woman will jump on it wether it is true or not.
Do you know for a fact that he is a doctor?
No I do not know is this is a fact.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
No I do not know is this is a fact.
Maybe he's our very own ShortDoctor, with a loser attitude and an entitlement complex. ShortDoctor posted once that he only wants women from Ivy League colleges.

That's pretty picky.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Six years ago, I created a profile on match.com and I had several great dates from guys I found on that site. I found a doctor at that time and he was 36 year old at that time. I didn't contact him at the time because he was a little too old for me at the time.
Well, six years later, I went back to match.com because I recently became available again.
I found this doctor and obviously he is still there on match.com

I contacted him and very quickly got a reply. I told him that I remembered him six years ago and obviously, he did not have much luck on this site, I also asked him some general questions here and there. He told me the reason he did not find anybody on this site is because he was way too picky. He said none of the dates progressed to date three.

Well, he sounds like a gentleman, but I am afraid he has some underlying issues he did not disclose. How can you be on a dating site and all the women you've seen cannot even pass the third dates. Am I wasting my time for even continuously talking to him? Your thoughts thanks
Sounds to me like he is enjoying the fruits of online dating when you have a lot of options. His dates don't progress to date 3 because he shags them on dates 1 or 2 then he moves on. Trust me, this guy isn't suffering, and he isn't stupid enough to use a site for SIX YEARS if he isn't getting any benefits from it. He just doesn't want a relationship just yet.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:16 PM

204 posts, read 911,543 times
I'm surprised no one presented the idea that he might be super type A/OCD and maybe he's just a pain to be around. That was my immediate thought: doctor+over 40+not married+can't make past 3 dates=overly picky/pain in the ass.
Just go out on a date with him and find out, you'll never know what you're missing or what's wrong with him unless you meet. Maybe I'm wrong and he's a great catch with bad luck.
I know a woman (former high fashion runway model) incredibly gorgeous, owns her own profitable business, sweet/genuine, brilliant, hilarious, fantastic dresser, not picky, who can't get a date no matter what she does. So who knows?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgardener View Post
I'm surprised no one presented the idea that he might be super type A/OCD and maybe he's just a pain to be around. That was my immediate thought: doctor+over 40+not married+can't make past 3 dates=overly picky/pain in the ass.
Just go out on a date with him and find out, you'll never know what you're missing or what's wrong with him unless you meet. Maybe I'm wrong and he's a great catch with bad luck.
I know a woman (former high fashion runway model) incredibly gorgeous, owns her own profitable business, sweet/genuine, brilliant, hilarious, fantastic dresser, not picky, who can't get a date no matter what she does. So who knows?
so what do you think this runway models problems are? No matter what, she cannot get a date? Why is that in your opinion. thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships