Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, he sounds like a gentleman, but I am afraid he has some underlying issues he did not disclose. How can you be on a dating site and all the women you've seen cannot even pass the third dates. Am I wasting my time for even continuously talking to him? Your thoughts thanks
Wait, are you the one that started a thread about someone else's kids on another man's will and another one on $150,000 income?

He is a doctor. Is he a decent looking guy, too? Three things: 1) doctors usually have a God complex because no other profession wields so much power over EVERY human being's well-being, 2) people who become doctors typically don't keep in touch with their college friends who were not in a health-care track because to do so would involve slumming it, and 3) a handsome doctor is the most sought after commodity on the dating market, so he has entitlement issues, which are actually often accommodated.

If you are the same poster who did the will and $150,000, I'm beginning to see a pattern. You place all of your value on who you are surrounded by, and on others taking care of you, rather than defining yourself. You should work on your own identity, because it sounds like there isn't much there. You have bigger entitlement issues than the doctor. In a way, through busting his ass, his are somewhat justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Wait, are you the one that started a thread about being left when you're over 30 and another one that was also fairly trippy?

He is a doctor. Is he a decent looking guy, too? Three things: 1) doctors usually have a God complex because no other profession wields so much power over EVERY human being's well-being, 2) people who become doctors typically don't keep in touch with their college friends who were not in a health-care track because to do so would involve slumming it, and 3) a handsome doctor is the most sought after commodity on the dating market, so he has entitlement issues, which are actually often accommodated.

If you are the same poster who did the washed up at age 30 thread, I'm beginning to see a pattern. You place all of your value on who you are surrounded by, and on others taking care of you, rather than defining yourself. You should work on your own identity, because it sounds like there isn't much there.
huh? I am not over 30! dude, stop adding more years on my age. I am 30! LOL
what pattern?

MISTAKEN ME OF SOMEBODY ELSE, BUT THANKS ANYWAY

Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Six years ago, I created a profile on match.com and I had several great dates from guys I found on that site. I found a doctor at that time and he was 36 year old at that time. I didn't contact him at the time because he was a little too old for me at the time.
Well, six years later, I went back to match.com because I recently became available again.
I found this doctor and obviously he is still there on match.com

I contacted him and very quickly got a reply. I told him that I remembered him six years ago and obviously, he did not have much luck on this site, I also asked him some general questions here and there. He told me the reason he did not find anybody on this site is because he was way too picky. He said none of the dates progressed to date three.

Well, he sounds like a gentleman, but I am afraid he has some underlying issues he did not disclose. How can you be on a dating site and all the women you've seen cannot even pass the third dates. Am I wasting my time for even continuously talking to him? Your thoughts thanks
Um....6 years later and you are on there. Maybe HE is wasting HIS time?

Seriously, people come and go on match. Relationships end, and they go back on. That certainly doesn't mean that "they had no luck on the site". I used match for a little over 5 years. I was on and off during that time. I had several relationships during that time, a few of them that spanned anywhere from 6 months to a year and a half. Obviously when I was in a relationship, I took my profile down. So it's entirely possible to see the same faces, several years later. I had very good luck with match, so I went back to it when I was back in the dating game.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:

ARE YOU SAYING just because he is good looking, just because he is rich, he has the freedom to be arrogant?! Is it what you are saying?

Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
ARE YOU SAYING just because he is good looking, just because he is rich, he has the freedom to be arrogant?! Is it what you are saying?
No, I was criticizing you, and the nature of your threads. You didn't put that in about the entitlement issue I think you have. You can bet that ANY 42 year old decent looking doctor has sort of earned to right to be ultra-selective, and if you aren't chosen, then maybe the problem is you ... and not him. The fact that he, or anyone, is arrogant is off-putting, but sometimes people become arrogant as a way to tell others to take a long walk on a short pier. Many of them know when there is a gold-digger on the loose. That's why so many doctors marry other doctors, dentists, and pharmacists ... they eliminate that "problem."

Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
huh? I am not over 30! dude, stop adding more years on my age. I am 30! LOL
what pattern?

MISTAKEN ME OF SOMEBODY ELSE, BUT THANKS ANYWAY
I did mistake you. That's why I edited the post. Still, the "will" and "150K" are interesting, to say the least.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM

the hell you are talking about?You dont even make any sense dude.

I never care about anybody who make over 150,000 dollars/year, I am okay with my own salary. whatever

Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No, I was criticizing you, and the nature of your threads. You didn't put that in about the entitlement issue I think you have. You can bet that ANY 42 year old decent looking doctor has sort of earned to right to be ultra-selective, and if you aren't chosen, then maybe the problem is you ... and not him. The fact that he, or anyone, is arrogant is off-putting, but sometimes people become arrogant as a way to tell others to take a long walk on a short pier. Many of them know when there is a gold-digger on the loose. That's why so many doctors marry other doctors, dentists, and pharmacists ... they eliminate that "problem."
then why is he on match.com? I guess that is a place full of female doctors LOL

Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 PM

432 posts, read 1,228,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Sounds to me like he is enjoying the fruits of online dating when you have a lot of options. His dates don't progress to date 3 because he shags them on dates 1 or 2 then he moves on. Trust me, this guy isn't suffering, and he isn't stupid enough to use a site for SIX YEARS if he isn't getting any benefits from it. He just doesn't want a relationship just yet.
How true! He is getting benefits but no committment and he likes it that way. Also parents setting him up on dates? Maybe he is looking for a person that is just like his mommy so that's why it doesn't get past the 3rd date.

Go out, have fun and make him pay, after all he is the doctor!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
the hell you are talking about?You dont even make any sense dude.

I never care about anybody who make over 150,000 dollars/year, I am okay with my own salary. whatever
Read the threads you've authored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships