Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM

121 posts, read 121,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
AMEN! NOW THIS IS THE UNIVERSAL TRUTH

I notice that only the ugly men and women want to believe the notion "love is not about physical attraction."

It is kind of sad to believe this. don't get me wrong, LOVE Is definitely not about physical attraction, but physical attraction has to be there.

How can you make love to somebody you find to be ugly?
You can't.

For guys, if it's not hard, it's not "on".

That's why they are called hard ons.

This is my biggest irritation with these "exceptions" that have to pipe up. They need to get the hell out of my biology. Seriously. You can't argue me into an erection.

It just doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
you can't.

For guys, if it's not hard, it's not "on".

That's why they are called hard ons.

This is my biggest irritation with these "exceptions" that have to pipe up. They need to get the hell out of my biology. Seriously. You can't argue me into an erection.

It just doesn't work.
exactly!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:40 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Money can make an ugly person attractive. That is one exception. How many famous people have talked about how the couldn't find dates before they became famous, then, once they became famous the same people that rejected them, wanted them? Look at the Maloof Bros and Donald Trump.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Money can make an ugly person attractive. That is one exception. How many famous people have talked about how the couldn't find dates before they became famous, then, once they became famous the same people that rejected them, wanted them? Look at the Maloof Bros and Donald Trump.
But that is not love though, you cannot deny that.

beautiful people SETTLED with ugly rich people, admit it or not, believe it or not, like it or not. It is the reality.

They still SETTLED.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
But that is not love though, you cannot deny that.

beautiful people SETTLED with ugly rich people, admit it or not, believe it or not, like it or not. It is the reality.

They still SETTLED.
Not so sure. You would have to ask the people who are that situation. However, I think money does make people more attractive. Part of it is about wanting what other people want and can't have.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 805 times
im married to someone im not attracted to nor do i have feelings for him. but i only tell him i love him cause he says to me first. before we started dating he said he loved me first, we been married for 3 months now and still i dont feel nothing. what do i do without hurting him or do i fall in love with him. we're so much alike we finish each others sentences and have the same dreams we say what each other is thinking. i jus want to be happy with him in be in love with him.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:25 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
I have to say that all your responses make me feel a whole lot better. Thank you all.

I have mixed feelings about this. In a way, I don't have any desires of getting to know this gentleman better, even though he had quite a few things to say. He has a lot of interests, is quite successful in his career field. I tried to remember what my mom said, "After you reach certain age, all men look the same." I don't think I can get pass the physical attraction thing.

I mean he does not have to be hot, but he has to be cute in my eyes. This guy I am sure is cute in other women's eyes, but he is too short for me, he is 5 7 with shoes on I am 5 9, in addition to this, that bad breath thing is a little bit of a turn off to me too.

He thought we had great connection, that is what he said at the end of the conversation. I feel kind of bad about the whole thing.
Well, the breath could be a one-shot deal. Everyone has a bad day once in a while in that regard. It might take another date to see if that issue persists. The other stuff? Well, that might be harder.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:30 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
can you LEARN to love somebody whom you are not physically attracted to?.
Yes. But only as a friend. Not in a romantic sense. If I dont find her attractive, then she is immediately friend zoned with no chance of ever getting out of there. Friend zoned for life. The physical attraction HAS to be there.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:34 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Nope....I've tried to like guys who like me, but I wasn't physically attracted to. Never worked for me.

Then again their personalities weren't the best....so maybe that's a factor too.

Last edited by Auraliea; 09-18-2014 at 12:52 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 12:38 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
There were a couple of girlfriends who I was not physically attracted to but we had pretty good relationships. They weren't ugly or anything but I would rate them no higher than a 5 or mediocre. I believe that it could happen, but if you think the person's appearance is atrocious, then probably no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships