Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

How did she get a new man so fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Yeah, we all do get emotional and make mistakes.

Yesterday I made one. For no reason at all really, I sent my ex a text saying that I need to talk to her, as there are a few things I need to say for closure. She didn't respond.

It's difficult when you care for someone that doesn't care about you at all. Or at least not enough to even respond to a simple message. Then again, maybe she would feel guilty about it since she has a new man... ironic enough, since she didn't mind talking to him when we were together haha.

It will get better in time. Sounds like some of you don't have closure on things, as I don't, but it's really not a necessity.

Good luck to you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 PM

918 posts, read 1,642,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How did she get a new man so fast?
Because she started seeing him when we were together lol.

You know that!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
No sorry I did not know or I forgot. Derrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Because she started seeing him when we were together lol.

You know that!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 PM

918 posts, read 1,642,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No sorry I did not know or I forgot. Derrrrrrr
lol you don't forget anything.

you're just testing me to see if I am actually ok.

and I appreciate it.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 AM

12 posts, read 19,375 times
Oh I feel for you. I am walking in your shoes...but I am sure as you know by now things start to seem a bit more bearable. It's just great to know that we are not alone in our pain...

Old 03-24-2009, 11:08 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,258 times
Default Post Breakup Depression

Nothing stinks any more than breaking up with a loved one and yes I have had that sick to the stomach, can't sleep, can't eat yucks before, more than one time as a matter of fact. Isn't it the pits? About the only thing you can do is ride it out; unfortunately. I spent a lot of time with friends, family and joined an exercise class that helped a lot. If I knew I was going to perhaps be somewhere where the ex was going, I made damn sure I looked good and made damn sure I chatted it up with guys right in front of his sorry butt..LOL.

Stay busy, be with friends and when you are home, try to find somethign to do that will take your mind off of things. One day you will wake up and the sick stomach and the breakup blues will be gone. Hang in there!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
Breaking up sucks....for like a week. Then you realise that you are free! Freedom is the greatest feeling in the world. Stay single...write a book, ditch the B**** or As*****.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:41 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
I think one is way worse off when one is dumped than when one does the dumping.
But either way, it's not pleasant.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:47 PM

911 posts, read 2,375,178 times
get really drunk and burn all the pics you have and dump any clothes you got from the x and put them in the goodwill box sellthe concert tickets you bought the x for vallentines day, delete email addresses and phone numbers so you are not tempted to contact them

Old 03-24-2009, 03:32 PM

60 posts, read 128,742 times
Breakups suck. I literally went through 27 days of hell before he wanted me back...just last weekend. On day 1, I took immediate changes. I woke up before dawn and went to work early. For someone who's frequently late, that was a drastic change for me. I made sure I looked my best despite the puffy eyes. Put on a brave face and smile at everyone so they can't see through your pain (it's impossible to fool your friends obviously).

Go jogging at a park. Green settings will calm the mind. If you find yourself enraged, run harder and faster - works really well for me! I did hot yoga every day after work and that was soothing for the spirit. Not only did I feel cleansed and healthy, it relaxed me a lot and helped me sleep better at night.

I know that sick-to-the-stomach feeling...it sucks big time. Take a couple of deep breaths when you find your stomach churning, your mind empty, and your heart heavy as if being pulled to the bottom of the ocean. Stay away from anything that reminds you of them (music, food, movies, etc). Meeting new people is ok, but it becomes a vulnerability issue when they're the opposite sex.

I wouldn't talk about them when your friends are around - it will only make you analyze everything to death which essentially won't help since your friends are partial. I've learned not to discuss about the what if's and what went wrong's with my friends since that just negates the ex's image in the eyes of your good friends.

Clean often if you're a sloth like me. Distract yourself by picking up anything out of order. I put away my clothes and folded them meticulously - almost too perfectly - and I HATE folding laundry with a passion.

Cry as much as you need to, alone though. Write down your feelings. I emailed myself every day post breakup to let my inner feelings out. Reading back on those thoughts is a self-learning experience...you'll be surprised at how much you can discover about yourself. Even when your mood flunctuates, write them and don't hold anything back because you're the only one reading those words. Whether they are loving or hateful, sweet or bitter, only YOU will see those conveyed feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships