Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times

Advertisements

Maybe there's a lot of backstory that other folks her are familiar with and I'm not, because I'm new, but something seems off, to me.

Imagine if a woman posted. Her ex, who cheated on her, has now apologised and said she is his soul mate, he wants to get back together. Then, a week later, he discovers that his new partner is pregnant, and he tells his ex this.

Would you all be so hard on that guy as you are on this woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,082 times
You should thank your lucky star that baby isn't yours and a cheater is no longer in your life. Consider yourself lucky. Now go out there and find yourself a good, honest, faithful woman.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

The part I feel bad about, is just last week she was apologizing, asking for a second chance, saying we're soul mates and that what she did (cheat) is not who she is. I told her no.

Anyway, just an update..
Good.

[now walk away...]

Old 04-23-2013, 05:42 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,058,452 times
Quote:
My ex-wife texted me earlier today - she's 5 weeks pregnant! It's her new BF's, a younger guy (early 20s), who actually sounds like a great guy. I know he was working 2 jobs and trying to save for a house..I guess it's going towards the pregnancy now, baby and my ex-wife.

The part I feel bad about, is just last week she was apologizing, asking for a second chance, saying we're soul mates and that what she did (cheat) is not who she is. I told her no.

Partly feeling sad, happy for her, and like I'm missing out on something...

Anyway, just an update..
You should thank your lucky stars you said "NO" to the 2nd chance.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
This is the same girl who tried to kill herself a few times? You definitely dodged one here and I feel sorry for the new guy. It most likely is another false pregnancy though.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:07 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This is the same girl who tried to kill herself a few times? You definitely dodged one here and I feel sorry for the new guy. It most likely is another false pregnancy though.
Yep, tried to kill herself twice , about a year apart.

The first last year when I confronted her with printouts of what online guy was sending her and demanded she end it, then about 2 months ago when she was down and depressed.

She had the scans done, this one isn't ectopic. The one we almost had was, ruptured, and almost killed her. Apparently this one is progressing fine. I'm taking that as a sign we weren't meant to ultimately be together...

Feeling like I'm missing something, comes from - ever since I was 17 until early last year (I'll be 28 soon), I thought she would be the mother of my kids. I'll probably cry and be a bit emotional seeing pics of her with the baby, but then I'll stop, the feelings will pass and I'll be done.

We can both be civil and remain friends (or friendly). Life's too short to waste being upset and holding grudges.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
This woman is not playing with a full deck. Be glad she's out of her life. It sounds romantic and all with a baby but you need a reality check. Babies are lots of work expense lost sleep, relationship black holes. Being married with 2 stable sensible people is the best situation from which to tackle this project, not with someone like your ex.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Yep, tried to kill herself twice , about a year apart.

The first last year when I confronted her with printouts of what online guy was sending her and demanded she end it, then about 2 months ago when she was down and depressed.

She had the scans done, this one isn't ectopic. The one we almost had was, ruptured, and almost killed her. Apparently this one is progressing fine. I'm taking that as a sign we weren't meant to ultimately be together...

Feeling like I'm missing something, comes from - ever since I was 17 until early last year (I'll be 28 soon), I thought she would be the mother of my kids. I'll probably cry and be a bit emotional seeing pics of her with the baby, but then I'll stop, the feelings will pass and I'll be done.

We can both be civil and remain friends (or friendly). Life's too short to waste being upset and holding grudges.
You will get over her. And find a woman that is right for you.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
I don't agree with the first part of this. You are only recently divorced, you should not be having any contact with her at all. That distance helps us emotionally to move on and start healing. I agree life is too short to be upset and hold grudges but this doesn't preclude you from not vesting any time or energy into maintaining any kind of relationship at all with this manipulative, emotionally disturbed ex of yours.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
My ex-wife texted me earlier today - she's 5 weeks pregnant! It's her new BF's, a younger guy (early 20s), who actually sounds like a great guy. I know he was working 2 jobs and trying to save for a house..I guess it's going towards the pregnancy now, baby and my ex-wife.

Partly feeling sad, happy for her, and like I'm missing out on something...

Anyway, just an update..

I think you dodged an 18 year long bullet with a very painful, emotionally draining future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships