Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,035 times

Advertisements

My ex-wife texted me earlier today - she's 5 weeks pregnant! It's her new BF's, a younger guy (early 20s), who actually sounds like a great guy. I know he was working 2 jobs and trying to save for a house..I guess it's going towards the pregnancy now, baby and my ex-wife.

The part I feel bad about, is just last week she was apologizing, asking for a second chance, saying we're soul mates and that what she did (cheat) is not who she is. I told her no.

Partly feeling sad, happy for her, and like I'm missing out on something...

Anyway, just an update..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
You're missing out on something you should be thrilled about missing out on. She's an ex. Unless you have children together, make it a real split and get on with your life. Good luck.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
She is an ex. Your ties are cut. You are missing out on child support, visitation, and dealing with an ex. IMO you dodged a huge bullet. Life has a funny way of working itself out. Consider yourself lucky.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 AM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
My ex-wife texted me earlier today - she's 5 weeks pregnant! It's her new BF's, a younger guy (early 20s), who actually sounds like a great guy. I know he was working 2 jobs and trying to save for a house..I guess it's going towards the pregnancy now, baby and my ex-wife.

The part I feel bad about, is just last week she was apologizing, asking for a second chance, saying we're soul mates and that what she did (cheat) is not who she is. I told her no.

You aren't. She is an ex for a reason. People that strap themselves to thoughts of "what could have been" are nothing but emotional wrecks that can never figure out how to be happy because they don't face reality. Move on. Don't be that guy.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
She is an ex. Your ties are cut. You are missing out on child support, visitation, and dealing with an ex. IMO you dodged a huge bullet. Life has a funny way of working itself out. Consider yourself lucky.
This is what I was thinking too!!!

Imagine if he said, "yeah, I'll give you another shot."

"I'm pregnant and it's not yours."

Lol!!!

Now he can sit back with popcorn watching her sleep in the lumpy bed she just made. Lol!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:26 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,628 times
I understand you're feeling a bit sad about it but you never know what's around the corner, you might meet someone and have your own child in the near future

Old 04-22-2013, 08:12 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,646,900 times
Boy, he's got a winner on his hands.

Why do you two even keep in touch?

Do the guy a favor and cut ties with her.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

Anyway, just an update..

No surprises here

Look, you can't help how you feel, but the thoughts you allow into your head DO affect those feelings, so be careful to protect yourself ok?

THIS WOMAN HAS ISSUES - you know it, just keep reminding yourself of it!

Then remind yourself that you have dodged a huge bullet and pray for that little baby who has not.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,960 times
Pregnancy could have caused some crazy flow of emotions to make her want to reconcile with you last week. What would likely have happened, if you would have said yes, is in a couple of weeks she would be up to her old antics. In order to forgive someone and regain trust in them, it takes time of consistent positive behavior. It can't be just one or two weeks and expect to get back in their good graces.

You experienced love and heartbreak with this woman, but the road she is leading herself down now, is the road you do not want to be on. You may feel the overwhelming desire at times to be "captain save a ho" (no offense to your ex-wife, figure of speech), but some women are just not worth saving. Just continue to give yourself time to process all of this and take it one day at a time. Most days will be good, but you will have to be aware that there will be some tough days too.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 AM

307 posts, read 630,883 times
I guess I am suspicious and uncharitable, but is it possible that she knew she was pregnant and thought you would be a better father than him? The timing would work out late enough that she might had known she was pregnant but early enough to pass it off as yours. Anyway there is no real way to find out her motives, just that there might be more going on than was portrayed on the surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships