Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Maybe there's a lot of backstory that other folks her are familiar with and I'm not, because I'm new, but something seems off, to me.

Imagine if a woman posted. Her ex, who cheated on her, has now apologised and said she is his soul mate, he wants to get back together. Then, a week later, he discovers that his new partner is pregnant, and he tells his ex this.

Would you all be so hard on that guy as you are on this woman?
Do a search on threads he's started and it will shed light on the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,313,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
My ex-wife texted me earlier today - she's 5 weeks pregnant! It's her new BF's, a younger guy (early 20s), who actually sounds like a great guy. I know he was working 2 jobs and trying to save for a house..I guess it's going towards the pregnancy now, baby and my ex-wife.

The part I feel bad about, is just last week she was apologizing, asking for a second chance, saying we're soul mates and that what she did (cheat) is not who she is. I told her no.

Partly feeling sad, happy for her, and like I'm missing out on something...

Anyway, just an update..

I feel bad for the kid!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Yep, tried to kill herself twice , about a year apart.

The first last year when I confronted her with printouts of what online guy was sending her and demanded she end it, then about 2 months ago when she was down and depressed.

She had the scans done, this one isn't ectopic. The one we almost had was, ruptured, and almost killed her. Apparently this one is progressing fine. I'm taking that as a sign we weren't meant to ultimately be together...

Feeling like I'm missing something, comes from - ever since I was 17 until early last year (I'll be 28 soon), I thought she would be the mother of my kids. I'll probably cry and be a bit emotional seeing pics of her with the baby, but then I'll stop, the feelings will pass and I'll be done.

We can both be civil and remain friends (or friendly). Life's too short to waste being upset and holding grudges.
Why would you ever see pictures of this baby? You are divorced, you need to cut the cord. There is absolutely no reason to stay in contact. It's not about holding grudges, it is about closing a chapter of your life permanently. Remove her from your social media, block her number and move on. You will be doing her and her new family a favor.

If you continue to let her have access to you, she will continue to mess with your mind any chance she gets. She is NOT your friend.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Thank you, SD4020. I haven't figured out how all the stuff works here, yet .

Yes, I see from other comments that there was a lot I was missing!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why would you ever see pictures of this baby? You are divorced, you need to cut the cord. There is absolutely no reason to stay in contact. It's not about holding grudges, it is about closing a chapter of your life permanently. Remove her from your social media, block her number and move on. You will be doing her and her new family a favor.

If you continue to let her have access to you, she will continue to mess with your mind any chance she gets. She is NOT your friend.
This pretty much sums it up.

She messed with your head during the marriage and she is continuing to do so after your divorce. There is no reason to have contact with this woman except to torture yourself. You don't have to be cruel or mean about it, you just have to tell her you need a complete break to be able to move on then cut all contact with her.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,334,082 times
Quote:

+1,000 times.

OP,

You need to let her go. Move on with your life. You will be better off in the long run.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM

720 posts, read 1,709,892 times
My son married a head case, had 2 children, she started staying out nights drinking, one day up and leaves him and disappears for a month. Then announces she's pregnant, and son almost has a nervous breakdown because it COULD have been his. Thankfully, she miscarried. She had left him for some guy she knew for 6 weeks(met in a bar)---they soon had a child, got married, had another child, he lives separately from her and "visits". The poor victims are these 4 children, aged 8 and under. And the drama continues---they'll be forever connected due to the children. Be thankful you don't have that emotional stranglehold binding you to her.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:02 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Whew. Dodged that bullet.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,064 times
Quote:

Huh?

Okay - one of the weirdest things, is to feel absolutely nothing about something, and to have people telling you how upset and emotional you should be. That you need to go to lengths to block someone from your life, when it's someone you already don't give much thought to, see, or lose sleep over. I'll always love her in the sense that she was my first wife/relationship, we DID have plenty of good times, and we were there for each other for a lot of stuff. It's more so a dull, peripheral type of love, rather than a raging active type.

The cord is already cut, emotions gone (aside from the dull, peripheral type of love), and starting families with other people is expected.

The way I work, is I'll see the picture, feel sad for about 10 minutes and maybe cry as it sinks in, then 30 minutes later it will feel like old news and I go on about my day.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Maybe there's a lot of backstory that other folks her are familiar with and I'm not, because I'm new, but something seems off, to me.

Imagine if a woman posted. Her ex, who cheated on her, has now apologised and said she is his soul mate, he wants to get back together. Then, a week later, he discovers that his new partner is pregnant, and he tells his ex this.

Would you all be so hard on that guy as you are on this woman?
LOL, more than you really want to know!

Our OP has been through the wringer - his ex has severe emotional problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships