Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The women actually say, "Eww, you're too short"? They don't say, "you're not my type", or something vague, like "I don't think it would work"? Maybe because the guys ask for the reason? Women generally don't ask for a guy's reason for rejecting her. They just move on.
I've never had one of my girlfriends EVER say anything like that about a guys height. Maybe it's because I've had guys be extremely rude about mine and if they dared make fun of a guy for being too short or too tall they know I'd give them an earful. So, maybe they do it but just not around me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 09:49 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,275,854 times
I agree I think for the most part woman are more shallow on looks. Men may talk about really good looking girls but they seem to more willing to settle for a less good looking girl then a girl would with a man.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 PM

523 posts, read 840,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
I agree I think for the most part woman are more shallow on looks. Men may talk about really good looking girls but they seem to more willing to settle for a less good looking girl then a girl would with a man.
Nah, in almost every couple I see, the woman is more attractive than the man. I think it is very rare to see a very attractive man with an average woman, much more common the other way around.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Nah, in almost every couple I see, the woman is more attractive than the man. I think it is very rare to see a very attractive man with an average woman, much more common the other way around.
What about attractive people in general?

Are there more attractive women than men?

Old 06-09-2013, 10:47 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,751 times
Guys have deal breakers too. We just don't make them as specific as women do.

For instance a man won't say that I won't date a woman with a higher fat percentage than 30%. They will say, I won't date a fat woman.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:50 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Guys have deal breakers too. We just don't make them as specific as women do.

For instance a man won't say that I won't date a woman with a higher fat percentage than 30%. They will say, I won't date a fat woman.
How fat is fat though?

A woman can store fat in certain places and look quite nice. Us guys do not have that luxury.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How fat is fat though?

A woman can store fat in certain places and look quite nice. Us guys do not have that luxury.
As long as you are not trying to get a six pack, men can get quite a bit of fat before it looks ugly.

Also, women care less about guys weight. They care more about height, and muscles.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 PM

13,658 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Perhaps it just comes down to being choosy, vs. desperation? Men, one gathers, are more likely to be desperate - and therefore to accept a woman whom they would otherwise not regard to be attractive. Women, on the other hand, would rather be alone than to be with a man whom they regard to be insufficient for them. In any negotiation, the capacity to walk-away gives tremendous bargaining power. Women therefore have the luxury to be more overt about their criteria, and to relentlessly adhere to them. Were mens' bargaining-capacity just as good, they would be just as insistent on particular physical criteria.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Perhaps it just comes down to being choosy, vs. desperation? Men, one gathers, are more likely to be desperate - and therefore to accept a woman whom they would otherwise not regard to be attractive. Women, on the other hand, would rather be alone than to be with a man whom they regard to be insufficient for them. In any negotiation, the capacity to walk-away gives tremendous bargaining power. Women therefore have the luxury to be more overt about their criteria, and to relentlessly adhere to them. Were mens' bargaining-capacity just as good, they would be just as insistent on particular physical criteria.
I don't think women have that advantage. The friends I have who is a little chubby have a very hard time finding a boyfriend. No one is saying they are too fat, they just won't get approached.

I think it is easier for women in their 20s when many women are sleeping around and sharing the same men. But when they are actually settling down, I don't think it is any easier. There is a reason why many women get desperate in their 30s.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:18 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I agree, I think this is because mens hormones make having sex much more urgent in the younger years. This shifts as men get older and womens sex drives kick in. Unless the woman is really hot and can get younger hot guys they will be up the creek if they spent their youth playing games with men (which a lot of women do). They know they have the option to walk away because they simply don't need the sex like guys do and they will wait for something better as time slips away they loose market value and its game over.

I think its a dirty trick God played on us as humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships