Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 04:58 PM

217 posts, read 307,655 times

Advertisements

..., from my experience, the only ones who profess to have "deal-breakers" are women. By deal-breaker I mean some physical preference that is declared as an absolute, something like "I can't find guys under 6'0" attractive" or "I have but one deal-breaker: no bald/balding guys."

You'd think women are just blowing steam when they say this, but I've seen it in practice. This one girl was talking to a guy at a party, hitting it off quite well with him. She mentioned that she only likes guys 6'0"+. The guy said he's 5'11", at which point she suddenly found an excuse to exit the conversation. (No doubt she probably has done the arithmetic and determined that, since she must look exactly 2+" or shorter than a guy in a picture while wearing her 4.5" high-heeled shoes, the shortest she can allow herself to date is 6'0".) I also heard one woman say that she doesn't like blonde-haired guys. It's a no-compromise standard of beauty that she can't change. Sucks for guys like Brad Pitt and Daniel Craig.

Maybe I'm exceptionally lax when it comes to my physical preferences, but I can honestly say that I don't have any deal-breakers, or certainly not any that involve an exact dimension such as a maximum weight I'll allow. I wouldn't date a fat woman, but that's just saying that I wouldn't date anyone that doesn't take care of themselves physically; same thing as saying I wouldn't date a woman who never brushes her teeth or washes her hair. There's a pudgy blonde girl that works at the front desk at the gym I go to, and I would date her or bang her without hesitation. Some women actually look better pudgy than slender. If you name any combination of traits -- hair color, eye color, weight, breast size, density of freckles, etc. -- I can think of a particular woman I'm attracted to who has those traits.

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 05:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
..., from my experience, the only ones who profess to have "deal-breakers" are women. By deal-breaker I mean some physical preference that is declared as an absolute, something like "I can't find guys under 6'0" attractive" or "I have but one deal-breaker: no bald/balding guys."

You'd think women are just blowing steam when they say this, but I've seen it in practice. This one girl was talking to a guy at a party, hitting it off quite well with him. She mentioned that she only likes guys 6'0"+. The guy said he's 5'11", at which point she suddenly found an excuse to exit the conversation. (No doubt she probably has done the arithmetic and determined that, since she must look exactly 2+" or shorter than a guy in a picture while wearing her 4.5" high-heeled shoes, the shortest she can allow herself to date is 6'0".) I also heard one woman say that she doesn't like blonde-haired guys. It's a no-compromise standard of beauty that she can't change. Sucks for guys like Brad Pitt and Daniel Craig.

Maybe I'm exceptionally lax when it comes to my physical preferences, but I can honestly say that I don't have any deal-breakers, or certainly not any that involve an exact dimension such as a maximum weight I'll allow. I wouldn't date a fat woman, but that's just saying that I wouldn't date anyone that doesn't take care of themselves physically; same thing as saying I wouldn't date a woman who never brushes her teeth or washes her hair. There's a pudgy blonde girl that works at the front desk at the gym I go to, and I would date her or bang her without hesitation. Some women actually look better pudgy than slender. If you name any combination of traits -- hair color, eye color, weight, breast size, density of freckles, etc. -- I can think of a particular woman I'm attracted to who has those traits.

Discuss.

HAHAHA........NOTHING to "discuss". Read the forum for a while you will find exactly what you are talking about written by MEN AND WOMEN.

Next........

Old 06-09-2013, 05:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Omg.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
HAHAHA........NOTHING to "discuss". Read the forum for a while you will find exactly what you are talking about written by MEN AND WOMEN.
Like I said, this is just my experience thus far. Perhaps you can point me to an example on this forum where a guy who says "I won't date a woman who doesn't have at least size 32C breasts." Then I'll change my view.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Like I said, this is just my experience thus far. Perhaps you can point me to an example on this forum where a guy who says "I won't date a woman who doesn't have at least size 32C breasts." Then I'll change my view.
Make a thread about boobs. And watch.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
I have a lot of friends who don't have harsh physical deal breakers, but I've met many women who have many deal breakers, mainly physical.

Certainly there's men out there who have plenty of deal breakers too, just read this forum and your mind will probably be blown.

But, in my life experience, women have been much more harsh than men have been when it comes to physical deal breakers.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:22 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:

Discuss.
But when women complain about being judged by their looks, this is not usually what they are talking about. They are usually objecting to being judged by their looks in situations where what they look like shouldn't really matter.

For example, during O.J. Simpson's murder trial, the media were constantly making comments about lead prosecutor Marcia Clark's appearance. They yammered on about her outfits, her hairstyles, whether she had bags under her eyes on a particular day. Yet, the press never mentioned Lee Bailey's weight, or Robert Kardashian's hairline, or the color of Johnny Cochran's neckties.

I think women expect to have their looks judged when dating. It is when they are judged in other contexts that they complain.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
Quote:
I won't date a woman who doesn't have at least size 32C breasts.
Time to change your view.

Edit. I don't even know how big that would be.
More than a handful and a mouthfu..... wait I'm not finishing that ... is just a waste. A spectacular, shirt filling waste.

I like women with small breasts. Huge hooters might knock you out if things get too exciting. Like getting hit in the head with a sack of flour.
/sorry was motorboating here. What. Brmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Plus, they sag as she ages. Smaller breasts, not so much.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I won't date a woman who doesn't have at least size 32C breasts.
Time to change your view.
Right, so you wouldn't date Maria Sharapova with her relatively flat chest. I believe you.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
They may not vocalize it as often, but those dealbreakers are there for sure. Sure, they'll sleep with the woman, but they're not going to start a relationship or even respect her if she isn't up to his 'standards'. I mean, I've had guys straight up tell me they would NEVER consider dating a woman of my height, but they'd love to sleep with me.

Just go look up threads in the fashion forum that have to do with breast size or butt size and read all about how 'not picky' guys are. Or about guys that freak out if a woman is even 10 lbs overweight. Yeah, they totally don't have deal breakers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships