Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I don't think women have that advantage. The friends I have who is a little chubby have a very hard time finding a boyfriend. No one is saying they are too fat, they just won't get approached.

I think it is easier for women in their 20s when many women are sleeping around and sharing the same men. But when they are actually settling down, I don't think it is any easier. There is a reason why many women get desperate in their 30s.
Yep, and the guys that are single at this age and have a lot going on for them are not desperate and its highly unlikely they will buy into marriage or kids, so either the woman has to find a total dope/tool or just agree to no marriage/kids. Mid 30's is the guys time to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 11:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Original Poster: There is a brand new thread sort of in English that is the exact issue you posted about. Go and read it then come back and state again how "women" are the ONLY ONES who are shallow.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:24 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Yep, and the guys that are single at this age and have a lot going on for them are not desperate and its highly unlikely they will buy into marriage or kids, so either the woman has to find a total dope/tool or just agree to no marriage/kids. Mid 30's is the guys time to play.
But what if you don't want to play?

Suddenly, the dating market of desirable women just got smaller.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:34 PM

217 posts, read 307,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Perhaps it just comes down to being choosy, vs. desperation?
My point is more about the fact that women seem to have pre-decided what metrics are going into what they can deem an attractive guy. He has to hit several very specific things on their checklist before they think they can allow themselves to view him as attractive.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:34 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Sure, but its a two way street. Many women at that age will refuse to date a guy who does not want to get married. And the rest still sleeps around with a few men. So by refusing marriage you are in fact limiting your dating pool severely. (If you are scared of divorce, then move away from the states that are destroying men such as Colorado. Not all states are that bad.)

But one thing I don't get is why so many women wait so long. Doesn't it make more sense to look for a good marriage partner in their 20s, instead of getting desperate in their 30s.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Sure, but its a two way street. Many women at that age will refuse to date a guy who does not want to get married. And the rest still sleeps around with a few men. So by refusing marriage you are in fact limiting your dating pool severely. (If you are scared of divorce, then move away from the states that are destroying men such as Colorado. Not all states are that bad.)

But one thing I don't get is why so many women wait so long. Doesn't it make more sense to look for a good marriage partner in their 20s, instead of getting desperate in their 30s.
All the women I knew in HS wanted the best of the best, they were cute and they knew it so they probably kept dating for years and never chose anyone. At my 10 year one woman said I just want someone to love me. IF they spend their 20's and early 30's playing games then they will have a very hard time later on, much harder time than guys. IF a guy is in his 30's he has probably been divorced and burned quite bad (that's me lol) so its going to be hard for a woman in her 30's to find a guy willing to try again at marriage or at kids. SO many women play games even with their own marriages that guys no longer want to take the risk. Some women are always looking over the fence, so when they finally jump I don't want them taking half my stuff. You never know if you have a woman that's doing that until they do it.

If women are still refusing men in their mid 30's then they have subscribed to being alone or are still finding dopes.

All states rape men in divorce its just a matter of degree, you would have to leave north America to get away from that. I heard Russia is very favorable for divorce laws, Rosetta stone was just on sale but I missed it, I have a good girl friend now anyways.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:58 PM

592 posts, read 461,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I have a lot of friends who don't have harsh physical deal breakers, but I've met many women who have many deal breakers, mainly physical.

Certainly there's men out there who have plenty of deal breakers too, just read this forum and your mind will probably be blown.

But, in my life experience, women have been much more harsh than men have been when it comes to physical deal breakers.
^^ That, and women tend to judge men based on physical characteristics we cannot change (height, etc.), while us men generally judge based on characteristics you can change (when we do judge in that area at all) . . .

Old 06-10-2013, 12:00 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG2008 View Post
^^ That, and women tend to judge men based on physical characteristics we cannot change (height, etc.), while us men generally judge based on characteristics you can change (when we do judge in that area at all) . . .
Many men do enjoy a pretty face, though there is a thing called make up.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:57 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,629,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope.

Some women are like that...likely the top 10% or so of super attractive women.

I make my own money and don't really need a guy to buy me things. You're new here (maybe?) but I was recently broken up with by a guy because I always split the tab and he thought it was too masculine.
No, I don't know you but I've read your previous post. I think the biggest issue are tattoos and your possible attitude that you might display, at least for guys like me.... I dated one girl who looked nice until I saw her arms without overdress/coat... HUUUGE TATTOOS. A huge alarm bell started ringing in my head and all I was focused is how to get to the tattoo story, but I pretended I didn't see it (yeah, right!). And then after a while I randomly asked her around certain things, then I heard she has a bike, and allegedly a huge tattoo on her back and on private parts. I seriously pretended to be interested, but I was so OUT OF THERE. And I think she could have known it herself, I'm very sure she knew that I don't need to call her after that for a third date because no matter how much I tried to cover it up, it was apparent that I'm not going to date her. I've not seen it on my second date but it already irritated me to see the tons of piercings stacked on her ears... I thoguht I can give it a god, but the dealbreakers stacked quickly.

If you aren't the sweet, caring, kind, nurturing type... you know, if I thought of my date as someone who's ... "not my type"... nothing else mattered. Height, weight, looks, etc. All I see is a woman who is most probably unfit for a family life.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:00 AM

592 posts, read 461,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Many men do enjoy a pretty face, though there is a thing called make up.
True, but I was mostly talking about natural physical characteristics, and on top of that most women enjoy a handsome face on a man as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships