Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:12 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I'm not a millionaire at all. I'm planning on looking for work.

At age 32 I live in a bedroom at my parents house becuase in California it's very expensive to live here.
It is a serious problem to be 32 years old and still living with your parents. Few women will be interested in this situation. Your "trust fund" isn't enough to overcome the fact that you can't afford to live alone. Why are you even bringing it up on this thread?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:13 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You'll be alright. Sure, it hurts to lose someone right when things were getting started, but it's better for it to happen earlier than later.

So you did well enough to get a couple of dates, which means you've got something going for you.

I really wish I could send you a great big virtual hug that would make you feel a little better. I know it's hard to want a partner and have so many obstacles. But what else can you do but try and beat the odds?

I hope things get better.
People have told me this

Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
It is a serious problem to be 32 years old and still living with your parents. Few women will be interested in this situation.
It is a problem but I still think he can get some chubby nerdy chick who could overlook his situation, and like I said earlier, he's got a bit of a trust fund.....that helps......

Old 08-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
It is a serious problem to be 32 years old and still living with your parents. Few women will be interested in this situation. Your "trust fund" isn't enough to overcome the fact that you can't afford to live alone. Why are you even bringing it up on this thread?
In California it's not that unusual for adult children to live at home with parents. This is because of high housing costs. A single in my area would need to earn $60,000 to $80,000 a year to live on their own. It's sad

Old 08-02-2013, 08:15 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,867 times
I really like the advice other people gave you, because you have a bpd you have to be a little more careful about people, the filters you are using to make decisions don't work the same as most. I think the advice about getting out and participating in clubs and stuff that interest you is good too, I think you can learn a lot more social cues when you allow yourself to be surrounded by a variety of people. Maybe you can do these things with friends you already know and trust who can help you later to analyze how you did and what you learned?
The things you said about her make her seem like she was not trustworthy, and maybe you could be glad you had the experience and can learn how to do things differently next time...maybe for instance, you can go a lot slower and at a speed that matches what you are understanding about the relationship.
Otherwise, good luck. I hope you do get out and have fun and positive experiences.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
She showed signs of gold digging when her eyes were lighting up to the idea that you had a dad that was a doctor, so that's a red flag.

You also went on just 2 dates and texted a few times before the first date, and you thought it was getting serious?

2 dates is still very early to think things are serious, generally speaking, so her backing off after you sent her that text was probably typical for most people.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It is a problem but I still think he can get some chubby nerdy chick who could overlook his situation, and like I said earlier, he's got a bit of a trust fund.....that helps......
As long as the chubby nerdy chick is a nice person, drives a car and has good hygene I'm a happy camper and would be thrilled to have her. And if she accepts me for who I am I will be tickled pink

Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,247,240 times
Quote:
I dont have any woman to talk to at all really. It hurts!!
Yes it does.

Everyone gets hurt, sooner or later. No one likes it.

But, it doesn't kill you, if you maintain perspective. It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, ying and yang etc.

Welcome to the world.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
As long as the chubby nerdy chick is a nice person, drives a car and has good hygene I'm a happy camper and would be thrilled to have her. And if she accepts me for who I am I will be tickled pink
Simple list to get... you should be fine.......

Old 08-02-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I really like the advice other people gave you, because you have a bpd you have to be a little more careful about people, the filters you are using to make decisions don't work the same as most. I think the advice about getting out and participating in clubs and stuff that interest you is good too, I think you can learn a lot more social cues when you allow yourself to be surrounded by a variety of people. Maybe you can do these things with friends you already know and trust who can help you later to analyze how you did and what you learned?
The things you said about her make her seem like she was not trustworthy, and maybe you could be glad you had the experience and can learn how to do things differently next time...maybe for instance, you can go a lot slower and at a speed that matches what you are understanding about the relationship.
Otherwise, good luck. I hope you do get out and have fun and positive experiences.
I like your advice.

Unfortunately I don't really have any male friends who can help me with social qs.

Maybe joining some meet up groups will work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships