Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 03:38 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
girl I went out with today is british , im sort of the kind who prefers my own nationality when it comes to women and I say that as someone who likes English folk , always have
Do you live the U.S.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 03:38 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
[quote=NilaJones;31782671]That means maybe. It probably means she is not sure what sort of relationship she might want with you.

I will revise my previous post now that I have seen yours #16: You should say, 'I had a date with this other girl, but then I started thinking how I like you better.'

Don't ask her about being exclusive. Do let her know that she is your first choice, but you do have other options. That way she knows she better step up and make up her mind -- or, if she doesn't want you but is afraid of hurting your feelings, knowing about your other options will help her be more honest and not string you along.[/quote

excellent advice , thank you

Old 10-12-2013, 03:39 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Do you live the U.S.?

no , isn't this section of the site global ?

I thought my username sort of gave this away

Old 10-12-2013, 03:44 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
no , isn't this section of the site global ?

I thought my username sort of gave this away
Hey, we have a lot of Irish in the U.S. I always assume most of the people who post here are in the U.S, unless their location says other wise. I was just asking because, I've heard people say they want to date somebody of the same race, but I've never heard somebody say date someone of the same nationality.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
2. Telling a woman she has "competition" for the purpose of putting pressure on her is not going to turn out well. Women who respond to that tactic have issues. (There are some morons here who think normal women like it - we do not.)

3. Don't stay with someone just because she is into you. It's not fair to her if you're using her to fill a void because the person you really like isn't responding in kind.
2. The only time that has worked on me was when my husband made me jealous by talking about this girl he would see from time to time. And the only reason it worked was because we weren't seeing each other yet. I was engaged to someone else. It helped clarify my feelings for him. I was jealous. I became aware that I was jealous and I had some big decisions to make. But if some guy that I was already dating did that to me - I'd just tell him to keep seeing that other girl.

3. Yeah - nobody wants to be someone's consolation prize.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
I'm so glad I was helpful .

Old 10-12-2013, 04:02 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Unless there's a discussion about being exclusive, no one has a right to assume you are. The others are right. Its none of their business. Say nothing.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
That girl you like isn't into you.

People who like each other will make some effort to see each other even when they have full schedules.

As an example, she could have told you where she was running at and invited you to come see her compete and see her after the race. Just as an example, I've had women in the past invite me to similar events.

For the second girl, you should tell her the honest truth, just don't be a dick about it, and date other women.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:52 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Telling doesn't work in all cases of course but lol at people acting like women don't openly share men all the time. Let's be real here

A lot of the time when a guy is "dating" multiple women all the girls know and are ok with it

Old 10-12-2013, 04:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Telling doesn't work in all cases of course but lol at people acting like women don't openly share men all the time. Let's be real here

A lot of the time when a guy is "dating" multiple women all the girls know and are ok with it
Share? I'm not sure what that means. I used to date more than one guy at a time. They knew it. I'm sure some of them were dating other women. It all depends on what you are looking for. If you are just having fun - it doesn't matter. If you are looking for a relationship, it does. As long as both people are on the same page - it's all fine. But if you find someone you are really interested in and want to have a relationship with - then it's time to figure out if you are on the same page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships