Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 AM

255 posts, read 373,737 times

Advertisements

Its highly risky for the man to approach women in public places. You run the risk of coming across a woman who is having a bad day. There might be an undercover cop who assumes you're bothering the woman or she might not like how you look and call the cops on you. I don't advice any man to approach women. Its nonsense. Do you remember that thread where some guy asked if its okay to look at women who dress short skirts and what not? Yeah, its similar to that. Women do want to be approached but not by guys who aren't her type and her type is more likely than not, some other guy.

And the women who are genuinely attracted to a guy will approach me. Seen it many a time. Try to have friends introduce you to women. Forget approaching women. Your physical integrity is far more important than a phone number that is probably fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 07:22 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
Its highly risky for the man to approach women in public places. You run the risk of coming across a woman who is having a bad day. There might be an undercover cop who assumes you're bothering the woman or she might not like how you look and call the cops on you.
Please tell me you understand the difference between approaching someone and harassing them. The former is not going to cause the cops to be called, and even if it did they're not going to be able to do anything because you're not breaking any laws.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Please tell me you understand the difference between approaching someone and harassing them. The former is not going to cause the cops to be called, and even if it did they're not going to be able to do anything because you're not breaking any laws.
I do. I understand the difference. I just happen to have seen my average-looking friends talk to the women I went to class with - not even hitting on them - and getting slapped and ridiculed for daring to look at them. I've also seen and heard how the interaction developed in public places like the subway, bus, restaurants and other places and the women weren't treated like sexual objects or harassed. They simply did not like the guy and they'd either coldly ignore the guy or create a commotion over his approach and have other men become involved. Rather messy stuff, approaching women is. I believe the states is the only Country in the Western world that still has average-men doing approaches.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I do. I understand the difference. I just happen to have seen my average-looking friends talk to the women I went to class with - not even hitting on them - and getting slapped and ridiculed for daring to look at them. I've also seen and heard how the interaction developed in public places like the subway, bus, restaurants and other places and the women weren't treated like sexual objects or harassed. They simply did not like the guy and they'd either coldly ignore the guy or create a commotion over his approach and have other men become involved. Rather messy stuff, approaching women is. I believe the states is the only Country in the Western world that still has average-men doing approaches.
Ignoring is well within their rights to do. Slapping (if the guy is being respectful and non-threatening) seems uncalled for to me, and is something I don't see. I live in the states but haven't seen this when I've traveled abroad, either. Where do you live that this is common?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Ignoring is well within their rights to do. Slapping (if the guy is being respectful and non-threatening) seems uncalled for to me, and is something I don't see. I live in the states but haven't seen this when I've traveled abroad, either. Where do you live that this is common?

Savannah, Georgia. But I've living in Europe for the past few months. Travel between the Euro is quite cheap. I've been to all of the EUro zone Countries and stayed there over an extended period of time and noticed this. Women do have the right to ignore the men. But its not pleasant and everyone feels bad when they see the guy suffer that fate.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Savannah, Georgia. But I've living in Europe for the past few months. Travel between the Euro is quite cheap. I've been to all of the EUro zone Countries and stayed there over an extended period of time and noticed this. Women do have the right to ignore the men. But its not pleasant and everyone feels bad when they see the guy suffer that fate.
So, when you said you said you don't approach women because they might assault you or you might get arrested, what you really meant is they might ignore you?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
So, when you said you said you don't approach women because they might assault you or you might get arrested, what you really meant is they might ignore you?
I mean that one time I was in a nightclub and I almost was assaulted by 5 thugs because the ring leader's girlfriend loved to grab passing men's butts to instigate a fight between her boyfriend and the guy. I also mean that one time I saw a guy get his skull crack open by a 6'6'' body builder after he dared to look at the guy's girlfriend. There are a lot of pent-up agression out there, from men who are suffering from the economical crisis to women who are dead-tired of being approached by the men they don't want.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
Still, where the Hell do you meet women?

outside the home

Old 10-31-2013, 10:05 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
About five zillion different ways. Allow me:

1) Nightclubs. Take a wingman.
2) Adult education classes. Heck, I took a couple of those and it was 80% single women.
3) Church. If religious faith is your thing.
4) Volunteering. Not only does it feel good to help others, but you'll pass an instant credibility test with most women.
5) Exercise classes. Choose something that's co-ed, not a bunch of guys huffing and puffing in a gym.
6) Professional organizations after hours. Networking is good for your career, not to mention your social life.
7) Local events. About 5,000,000 of those in most cities of any size. As in #1, take a wingman.
8) Take up a musical instrument.
9) Buy a dog and walk it.
10) Friends. Have married friends? Ask the wives if they know someone.

Now here is the #1 guaranteed way NOT to meet someone:

1) Go home every day after work and turn on the television. Life ain't a spectator sport.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 AM

643 posts, read 917,967 times
Quote:
Eh...If you're talking about going to a bar specifically for the purpose of finding your soul mate, I agree. If you're just going to a bar to hang out and have fun, though, you just as likely/unlikely to meet a compatible person there as anywhere else, though. Plus, a couple of drinks can be a good conversational lubricant.
I couldnt agree with you more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships