Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times

Advertisements

I respectfully disagree that inequality is a fact and an inevitable outcome, in relationships. Equality is and can be fully-possible...both people in the relationship just have to want to share it with each other, and treat each other as accordingly, is all

Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 AM

330 posts, read 545,105 times
Maybe you should stop seeing things in terms of "power". The idea is to be considerate of someone else, while still being authentic and secure in your own worth so as not to be a "doormat" or an "overbearing jerk".

Old 11-07-2013, 08:59 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteslikepurple View Post
Maybe you should stop seeing things in terms of "power". The idea is to be considerate of someone else, while still being authentic and secure in your own worth so as not to be a "doormat" or an "overbearing jerk".
That's true.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
I would rather tell the woman off then let her react however she wants.
Good luck in life using that approach to interactions with anyone (male or female) in any kind of interpersonal relationship. Let us know how that works out for you.

Quote:
There is no equality in human relations. There is always a dominant party. This is a fact, not an opinion .
You should probably learn the definitions of the words "fact" and "opinion." Facts have basis in reality.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:13 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
So Collateral, your father and grandfather used to not call if they were not coming home and you think it's a shame that has changed in some relationships? Do I have that right?

You don't like women, do you?
You hit the root of the issue right there.

It's amazing how many people on this forum claim to be attracted to the opposite sex and interested in relationships with them when they clearly have nothing but disdain or even hatred toward them. I can't relate to this at all. If I didn't like women, I wouldn't date them, and I sure as hell wouldn't waste time posting on a forum about dating them.

I used to think there were an approximately equal number of man-hating women and woman-hating men who post here, but lately the misogynist dudes have all been coming out of the woodwork and taking over.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed this?

When I look at older couples from my grandparents generation.. the men are a lot more dominant and the women are a lot more submissive. But when I look at all my friends from college who are getting married now or in serious relationships (I'm 30) they are all slaves. The woman makes the rules and they follow.

I think this is why I'm single. Many woman have tried to control me. All have failed.

I'm willing to compromise in a relationship but I'm not willing to be submissive. Most women today don't seem to want a real man. Sure.. they jump in my bed fast.. and seem to fall in love immediately... but that love dies fast once they realize I'm not going to just roll over and do whatever they want.
I hate women like that, honestly....and the first clue to a dominant woman is if she and he, both engage in other activities without the spouse.
Now I know that there are some couples who truly do enjoy each other's company that they do EVERYTHING together, however, the majority are ruled by dominant women....
I don't know why or how they ever stayed together, it's so sad.....
Don't ever allow anyone to control you, b/c if you do, you compromise who you are....your entire identity.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:33 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Mod cut: Orphaned post.

I believe there is some research studies that prove women still cook family thanksgiving and xmas dinners.. It's 50/50 but just have my meal warm and my clothes clean and we will be cool....

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-07-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 11-07-2013, 09:35 AM

15 posts, read 217,039 times
I have noticed that as well.
The worst is that I see women treating their significant other like crap, like screaming at them for no reason, being rude, forbidding them stuff... and the guys just accept it without doing anything about it.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:39 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
A real man knows his place, which is at the foot of the bed. Now go get me a beer.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:39 AM

709 posts, read 1,130,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I respectfully disagree that inequality is a fact and an inevitable outcome, in relationships. Equality is and can be fully-possible...both people in the relationship just have to want to share it with each other, and treat each other as accordingly, is all
Well you can "disagree" that wheels are round, but that doesn't make it so.

It's not something to agree or disagree. There is no equality. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships