Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What age range do you belong to and are you in a relationship?
Late 20s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Early 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Mid 30s and not in a relationship 5 12.20%
Late 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Early 40s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:13 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,614,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I wouldn't say so, I think she could do just as successful, especially if she found a boy toy like a lot of men her age and income seem to do.

Oh I thought we were talking about a 45 yr old woman looking to get married to a mid 40's white collar guy with no kids. I didn't know she was looking for...whatever comes her way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 01:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Oh I thought we were talking about a 45 yr old woman looking to get married to a mid 40's white collar guy with no kids. I didn't know she was looking for...whatever comes her way.
I told her to consider a younger guy so we will see. Who knows she could find the man of her dreams. If not, well she will either lower her standards or stay single.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,407,508 times
I'm not worried. Being in a relationship isn't on my list of priorities. Right now I'm trying to ease back into the dating world after being on a 16-year hiatus.
Sure, it'd be nice if I found someone, but I'm not going to put my life on hold or get depressed if I don't. Too many other things to do.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:25 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
I think about it, sure, but I don't worry about it.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:33 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,792 times
Default Tanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Now there's a word nobody uses anymore. You ever the House of Mirth by Edith Wharton? Great story if you haven't - and ironically very germane to this very conversation re: women and settling.
I will be looking for this book...thank you...I do love to read, and never can read enough!

Old 01-17-2014, 07:03 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,031 times
Yeah, I am. I'd rather not be, but I honestly do worry a bit. I think "long" is a better word than worry. I long to find my partner. But I don't want to settle down. I want someone to explore life with. I don't want kids or a stable 9-5 routine.

I am looking for that "soul mate connection", a kindred spirit. I dated casually here & there in my 20s, but only had one very serious relationship. I felt a strong connection, that we were cut from the same cloth, but he had too much baggage from his previous marriage.

I was not someone putting off marriage for career or always hoping to find someone better in my 20s... just not that many men took interest in me. I admit I am pretty oblivious socially and don't pick up on flirting very well. So I only tended to date men who expressed very clear romantic interest, and then I knew what was going on. This rarely happens. I think most expect more obvious flirtation from women first.

The stuff I don't want to settle over is not about looks, money, etc. It's not measurable stuff. It's more about connection. I want to be really in love with someone, not just with them to be with someone. I feel the man deserves someone who truly cares about him also, not just someone to play the wife role while he plays the husband role. I know this is idealistic, romantic, etc. But ultimately I would rather be single than with someone who doesn't suit me.

Last edited by orangeapple; 01-17-2014 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships