Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What age range do you belong to and are you in a relationship?
Late 20s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Early 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Mid 30s and not in a relationship 5 12.20%
Late 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Early 40s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 06:54 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, don't be ridiculous. I'm not calling out anyone's mother. Are you not aware that my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek the entire time I typed that comment about his mother? I just decided to play by your rules. What, you get have fun with your rude comments, but I can't fun with my little bit of sarcasm?

And I reiterate: you are in no position to tell anyone that THEY are over the line. Unlike you, I haven't had to resort to calling either you or the other dude names. (Loco?). I think both of you need to learn to take it as well as you can dish it out.
Yeah, go ahead and walk it back.. I can see you're new around here so I'm sure this heated banter is all very exciting to you. Come on, show us boys what a sassy handful you are. I'm not bored at all

I reiterate as well: you took it upon yourself to get butthurt/offended by whatever it was we were discussing. I wasn't directing anything at you, nor was I trying to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 07:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yeah, go ahead and walk it back.. I can see you're new around here so I'm sure this heated banter is all very exciting to you. Come on, show us boys what a sassy handful you are. I'm not bored at all

I reiterate as well: you took it upon yourself to get butthurt/offended by whatever it was we were discussing. I wasn't directing anything at you, nor was I trying to.
Walk it back?? Okay, I don't know what what that means, but that's probably because, as you say, I'm new around here. I guess that means that I'm an amateur on CD and I gotta learn the ropes. BTW, why would I "call out" someone's mother? I AM a mother.

All I know is that you were making what I consider to be very rude, disrespectful, and deliberately provocative comments (have you gone back to read them at all?). I'm perfectly aware that you weren't directing them at me, since we'd never had any lovely discussions before today. But I got tired of the rudeness, and I decided to call your bluff. I get really tired of people who can't seem to have online discussions without being deliberately rude and offensive.

I admit that I was having some fun with my sarcasm, much like you were with your rhetoric. But you say you're now bored with the banter, and I've had enough, too. So, why don't we be big boys and girls and call it a day, huh?

Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM

If you're too thin-skinned for this stuff, stay out.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
If you're too thin-skinned for this stuff, stay out.
Thin-skinned? LOL. Okay, UrbanAdventurer. You win, I lose. I guess that's pretty clear. I couldn't argue my way out of a wet paper bag if my life depended on it.

Are we done here, now? I've gotta put my 10-year-old to bed.

But it's been a blast. Always enjoy an intelligent conversation with well-mannered people. Happy New Year to you!

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 01-01-2014 at 08:36 PM..

Old 01-03-2014, 12:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Gotcha,

Yeah she has a lot of competition coming her way. Just about every eligible woman I know is looking for the exact same type of guy that she is. Like I said earlier...her money means nothing. Not taking away from her success, but in many major cities there are thousands of women that are on her income level and higher. In order to attract the type of guy she wants (high income...marriage minded...professional male) she is going to have to be different than every other woman these men have met. I hope she wakes up soon and makes the necessary adjustments. I love successful women like your friend. But I find that many of them are not down to earth and humble.
I'm educated like her but unlike her am not obsessed with money. For example I am more educated than my boyfriend and he is a blue collar worker for the most part. If we broke up I would be open to dating mechanics for example or other blue collars. She wouldn't be, they all have to be upper income white collar professionals However there aren't all that many white collar professional men who are single and willing to marry. Many are content being single or don't plan to marry because of fear the wife will take their money. Others are but only want much younger women aka trophy wives.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:52 PM

Blue collar gets so much hate these days doesn't it? Actually more like disdain. Dry panties. That's even worse. Hate I can work with.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Blue Collar really does get hate which I don't get. I understand her not wanting to date a fast food worker but that's different than say a mechanic.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Blue collar gets so much hate these days doesn't it? Actually more like disdain. Dry panties. That's even worse. Hate I can work with.
Don't be asinine. There are tons of blue collar workers that make the low 6 digits.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-03-2014, 09:01 PM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Don't be asinine. There are tons of blue collar workers that make the low 6 digits.
LOL, no doubt, some of the tradesmen do better than a lot of college degreed types....... not all do, just sayin....

Specially if you got some bs generic "Business Admin" or something else that doesn't draw a big salary type of degree, no offense......

Old 01-04-2014, 09:18 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
Instead finding "someone to settle down with" you should open your heart to find someone to be madly in love with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships