Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What age range do you belong to and are you in a relationship?
Late 20s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Early 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Mid 30s and not in a relationship 5 12.20%
Late 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Early 40s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Wow. I think its obvious she was saying she wants a partner. You know, this thing where people in relationships help each other? Facepalm.

It sounded like she wanted domestic help, not a life partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
And how do you know they aren't telling the truth? It sickens me that people still think the only way to be happy is to be in a relationship and any single person who says they are happy must be lying.

Well said. Being single can be awesome if you live a great life. In fact, I think everyone needs to be happy and single to become decent relationship material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
And how do you know they aren't telling the truth? It sickens me that people still think the only way to be happy is to be in a relationship and any single person who says they are happy must be lying.

I would be surprised given cognitive dissonance is a common human foible. Nature has to make some of us unhappy to be single otherwise that's the end of the human race. As social creatures some of us can get away with it , but not all of us.

Anyway women should not seek another woman's advice. They should take my advice like this:

For quantity and where the goods are odd , work weekends in an establishment that sells live bait.

Lonely boys need to go to ballet school regardless of their sexual preference.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:40 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,832 times
Quote:
Even if you are ecstatic, you have no business pushing your views down the throat of someone else. That is what i am talking about here.

And besides, for the most they have merely settled for their current position of solitude. It is normal to couple up, that is the reason why you have genitals. It is the way our species propagates. It is the reason why humans have lived in packs since the beginning of time - we aren't meant to live a life of solitude.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Even if you are ecstatic, you have no business pushing your views down the throat of someone else. That is what i am talking about here.

And besides, for the most they have merely settled for their current position of solitude. It is normal to couple up, that is the reason why you have genitals. It is the way our species propagates. It is the reason why humans have lived in packs since the beginning of time - we aren't meant to live a life of solitude.

Wooooah there. Being single and being alone are not at all the same thing.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:50 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I never said that.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM

112 posts, read 118,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't get why you have such a bee in your bonnet for GraciousVox, she really is pretty uncontroversial.

In fact, I think she's more honest and pragmatic than most of the women on this board.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
I never said that.

What is a life of solitude referring to then?

Old 12-30-2013, 01:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
This.

It seems like this thread is full of extreme stances and projections. People seem to be unable to comprehend that a person can be happy being single and still be open to a relationship with the right person.

The projections are the worse of this thread. Just because you are miserably single doesn't mean that other women out there are. Some people really are happy just being by themselves and are not aching for companionship at the same level that you are. (not you specifically strawberrykiki but in general).

I've always found it quite disrespectful how people tell you how miserable or unhappy you are just because you are in a certain situation even though you actually feel good or O.K. because it shows how self-absorbed they are in trying to enforce their opinions or projecting their own feelings onto you.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
I don't get why you have such a bee in your bonnet for GraciousVox, she really is pretty uncontroversial.

In fact, I think she's more honest and pragmatic than most of the women on this board.

I don't care any way about any poster, I don't know any of you. I care about the contents of the post.

I have no idea if she is more honest or not, and don't care. If there is something in a post I don't agree with I'll say so. It is kind of the point of a forum like this.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:55 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This.

It seems like this thread is full of extreme stances and projections. People seem to be unable to comprehend that a person can be happy being single and still be open to a relationship with the right person.

The projections are the worse of this thread. Just because you are miserably single doesn't mean that other women out there are. Some people really are happy just being by themselves and are not aching for companionship at the same level that you are. (not you specifically strawberrykiki but in general).

I've always found it quite disrespectful how people tell you how miserable or unhappy you are just because you are in a certain situation even though you actually feel good or O.K. because it shows how self-absorbed they are in trying to enforce their opinions or projecting their own feelings onto you.
Depends on how easily the "single" person can find a FB or FWB. If single = celibate then I think most people would be pretty miserable in that situation. People dont think about the fact that finding a FB or FWB is not easy for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships