Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What age range do you belong to and are you in a relationship?
Late 20s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Early 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Mid 30s and not in a relationship 5 12.20%
Late 30s and not in a relationship 4 9.76%
Early 40s and not in a relationship 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I do not and will NEVER date a divorced dad as the stakes are too high. Did you know if you marry him you could end up supporting his ex or his kids? Of course many want to remarry they want another woman to help raise their kids or help support them. I have known single dads who expected the new spouse to babysit their kids. If it broke his heart to get divorced that could be a danger too.

There are childless men out there, you just have to dig deeper. I found one.

And what a catch he is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 05:34 PM

543 posts, read 534,436 times
Quote:
She sends messages but usually gets no response or a "no thanks".
At this point in the story, I think I'm going to need a picture to go by. I just find that hard (but not impossible mind you) to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And she gets no replies? I'm sorry but I'm finding this hard to believe. There's something about her you are not telling us.
LOL! Apparently I wasn't the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
Read: She wants to marry George Clooney.
LOL again!

Question for you IDDY about your 45 year old professional friend? How tall is she?

Old 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,603,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
Read: She wants to marry George Clooney.
Haha. He's divorced and 52, so he probably wouldn't even qualify. He only dates women much younger than her, anyway.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
And what a catch he is
Well he could be worse, like a loser man who doesn't see his kids.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
At this point in the story, I think I'm going to need a picture to go by. I just find that hard (but not impossible mind you) to believe.

LOL! Apparently I wasn't the only one.

LOL again!

Question for you IDDY about your 45 year old professional friend? How tall is she?

I think she's about 5'9 or so. I think her height could be a factor too.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgy View Post
Never married childless men in their mid-40s who are also successful, and don't look like Ebenezer Scrooge, are probably about as easy to find as Santa Claus on January 1st. My guess is that their popularity among women their own age would be closely linked to their rarity.
Ha, yep, probably so. I'm a never-married childless man in my early 40's who does fairly well among women my age and younger (as well as slightly older sometimes). I'm not even in great shape, nor do I have a 6-figure income, so I can only imagine what it's like for those guys. They would have to really have horrible personalities in order to not have their pick, I would think.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:53 PM

308 posts, read 398,529 times
Quote:
he is short, second he isn't in great shape (he's a bit chubby) or handsome. He's also shy and has a slew of other problems.
Like I said - attractive, successful, never married, childless man around 45 - this is beyond picky, it is in my opinion unrealistic unless your friend is a millionaire. Millionairess? Even in that case, men who fit the provided description are quite likely to have the pick of younger, prettier women which in many cases they might prefer. Did she ever stop to think why a successful, attractive man would elect to stay unmarried and childless?

I'm sorry to say this, and I don't mean to appear jaded or misogynistic, but some women are golddiggers and some men don't mind that so much, as long as they get to take certain precautions (The Trumpmeister comes to mind).

The "arguments" listed against single dads just sound weird to me, but it might be a US thing.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
The "arguments" listed against single dads just sound weird to me, but it might be a US thing.
For what it's worth, I'm an American and it sounded weird to me, too.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:13 PM

543 posts, read 534,436 times
Quote:
I think she's about 5'9 or so. I think her height could be a factor too.
Indeed it could. I was thinking she was 5' and expecting someone 6'5". She's going to have to be forward though. There may very well be men in your friend's area who meet her "must haves" but fall short in a certain way (ba-da-bum!). They're probably not going to message her knowing there's a good possibility they'll get blown off. Could be the same for men who might not be in the exact same socio-economic strata as she is. Some might find her attractive, but don't message realizing they'll get shot down.

TLDR, your friend's expectations are ridiculously high.

It might do to have her read this thread, if she wants things to change. "Tough love" isn't just for men.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:23 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,381,998 times
Quote:
Well, those were not the arguments that I personally would have made.

There's no doubt, dating a divorced dad is tricky, and there is a lot to consider. But most of the childless men I have become involved with were very cold/distant and didn't want marriage or LT commitment. A married male friend who is a father told me that most men are not nurturing until they have kids. I find that single dads are easier to talk to, warmer and generally more caring, and they also are a lot more generous/flexible with their time and space. My last ex would have gotten seriously bent out of shape if I showed up at his place without calling first, even if it were for a really important reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships