Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
There are alot more people than you would think who agree with my posts, it was not too long ago when thats how society was structured. I dont know who was asleep at the wheel the last 50 years but the situation we are in now is not natural and the correction is going to be unpleasent.

What, specifically, is unnatural about the "situation" we're in now?

And can you elaborate on this unpleasant "correction" that you predict?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 02:45 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
There has always been "war of the sexes" to some varying degree. I think perhaps maybe things are worse now, IDK... maybe, I'm not out there shopping, so I can't say with certainty.

I know that CD-R isn't a good metric to gage off of. If it were true what you read here the population would probably end.....

Old 04-30-2014, 02:55 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Its just what I experienced through life and dating and what other women in real life told me. I have an attractive cousin who had some bad break ups and she said she was just going to stay single, well that lasted a few months lol. I am sure there are smokin hot women who go sexless for years but I highly doubt thats the norm. If your hot have have guys hitting on you and your horny your going to bite sooner rather than later, so long as the guy is hot.
Not true. Some hot women don't get approached, because guys think they're taken or that they're not in the same "league". Others get approached, but only by sleazes. Those turn down the sleazes and guys who only want them for arm candy, and they look for the shy, decent guys, and they marry them when they find them.
Quote:
There are alot more people than you would think who agree with my posts, it was not too long ago when thats how society was structured. I dont know who was asleep at the wheel the last 50 years but the situation we are in now is not natural and the correction is going to be unpleasent.
You haven't read the posts saying that when society was structured that way, it was NOT for the better, for a variety of reasons. And society being structured that way didn't at all eliminate the problem the OP brings up, of relationships gone bad.

There were bad relationships then, and bad relationships now. The difference is that now people can free themselves up and look for a good relationship. Back then, they couldn't.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:06 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
I have an attractive cousin who had some bad break ups and she said she was just going to stay single, well that lasted a few months lol. I am sure there are smokin hot women who go sexless for years but I highly doubt thats the norm. If your hot have have guys hitting on you and your horny your going to bite sooner rather than later, so long as the guy is hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not true. Some hot women don't get approached, because guys think they're taken or that they're not in the same "league". Others get approached, but only by sleazes. Those turn down the sleazes and guys who only want them for arm candy, and they look for the shy, decent guys, and they marry them when they find them.

Sure, it happens, but as highlife said, it's not the norm. So it IS true.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM

10 posts, read 9,543 times
I completely agree. It seems that romantic relationships between people are getting worse. I have fallen for just wanting sex before, but I prefer to be romantic and get to know a girl first. It just seems that dating is replacing romantic relationships in college and its unfortunate.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM

73 posts, read 87,831 times
[quote=newdixiegirl;34600249]What, specifically, is unnatural about the "situation" we're in now?

And can you elaborate on this unpleasant "correction" that you predict?[/quote]

I don't want to speak for highlife2, but the correction is going to be when the government/society/culture runs out of other people's money to paper over the bad choices of "strong, independent, empowered" (lol)women.

And I disagree that our current situation is unnatural, we're actually returning to what is natural...i.e. the law of the jungle, survival of the fittest. But he's correct, it's still bad.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmw3110 View Post
It just seems that dating is replacing romantic relationships in college and its unfortunate.
Dating is how romantic relationships start. You must have a very different definition of "dating". Dating's been around for at least 100 years.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:39 PM

73 posts, read 87,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Dating is how romantic relationships start. You must have a very different definition of "dating". Dating's been around for at least 100 years.
I think your definition of the word "dating" is quite outdated, TBH.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:43 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
On that note, I think what is considered a date these days has done more to confuse people than anything.

Not everywhere mind you, but definitely around some of the metropolitan areas I have lived in or around.

Career dictates life and not the other way around and priorities have shifted in all respects of life as a result.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:25 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
[quote=DandyWarhol;34600718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
What, specifically, is unnatural about the "situation" we're in now?

And can you elaborate on this unpleasant "correction" that you predict?[/quote]

I don't want to speak for highlife2, but the correction is going to be when the government/society/culture runs out of other people's money to paper over the bad choices of "strong, independent, empowered" (lol)women.

And I disagree that our current situation is unnatural, we're actually returning to what is natural...i.e. the law of the jungle, survival of the fittest. But he's correct, it's still bad.
That and the fact that there are a disproportionate number of men who have become a sort of social out cast as far as good jobs and desirable women. As the currancy crumbles who do you think is going to be recruited by the unknown future power to be their muscle. In germany it was the SS and the SA who were hitlers thugs.

What do you think guys with nothing to loose are going to do when they are granted access to the "party" and only members of that party will be getting good jobs and thus the only ones that can provide any security for a woman. Oh and by the way the hot douch who was landing all the women before just may have his door kicked in and be sent off some where and womens rights will disappear over night (divorce protection, etc, etc).

The other possibility is we will just slowly seep into second world status and the smart people will simply leave to which ever nation fills that power vacuum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships