Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 01:07 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,412,214 times

Advertisements

Go ahead and be honest. Is it? At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman, however, who has a great body but... has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking. And he is clearly attracted to her. And he is not an unkept person himself. He dresses decently and has goo hygiene. I am not saying he has to be attracted to me or anything but seriously...her over me? Even with a better by Thewoman does not take care of her MOUTH. He is interested in kissing that...? It - at least to me - also reflects how she might care for a future child`s hygiene (not wel)...etc. Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice, I don`t know.

Last edited by MSPLove; 05-21-2014 at 01:17 AM..

Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
Go ahead and be honest. Is it? At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman, however, who has a great body but... has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking. And he is clearly attracted to her. And he is not an unkept person himself. He dresses decently and has goo hygiene. I am not saying he has to be attracted to me or anything but seriously...her over me? Even with a better by Thewoman does not take care of her MOUTH. He is interested in kissing that...? It - at least to me - also reflects how she might care for a future child`s hygiene (not wel)...etc. Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice, I don`t know. But the truth is, this isn`t the first time I

You never know why one is attracted to someone, it happens, life goes on, the earth continues to turn and there is no reason to think they are any better than you overall.

As far as her teeth go, you really have no idea why her teeth are like that, it could be lack of hygiene however, it could she had an eating disorder at one time, she could be a recovering drug user, she could just have naturally bad teeth (it happens). So to assume that one does not take care of their dental hygiene and would not properly take care of their child's dental hygiene properly is making quite an assumption without any basis in fact.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:15 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
We can't always choose who we're attracted to.. but maybe it's not looks?

Also, if you make assumptions like that about her teeth... what kind of assumptions do you think she could make about you?

We don't always know everyone's situation, best not to judge like that. Let it go.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:19 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,695 times
OP,

Based on what you've written, I get the impression that you believe that her physical imperfections are worse than your own, and hence, he should like you, and not her?

Maybe it's not your weight that prevents him from finding you attractive. Maybe there are other physical traits? Or perhaps even personality traits that you have that he may find undesirable?

In the same respect, if he is truly attracted to this other woman, then clearly it's not her teeth that prevents him from wanting her.

Unless he confides in you directly, you will never know why he has chosen her over you.

Why play this comparison game, when in the end, you'll lose?

Let him go and find another guy who cares for you and reciprocates your feelings.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:21 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Go ahead and be honest. Is it? At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman, however, who has a great body but... has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking. And he is clearly attracted to her. And he is not an unkept person himself. He dresses decently and has goo hygiene. I am not saying he has to be attracted to me or anything but seriously...her over me? Even with a better by Thewoman does not take care of her MOUTH. He is interested in kissing that...? It - at least to me - also reflects how she might care for a future child`s hygiene (not wel)...etc. Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice, I don`t know.

No. Not at all.

I can't deal with a messed up mouth. Really bad teeth drive me up a wall.

Reminds me of this guy I worked with, who seemed to drink Coke exclusively. His teeth looked like they were very, very soft. And I SWEAR, he didn't drink the pop. He just tilted it towards his mouth, and his teeth simply absorbed the liquid. Straight into his bloodstream. lol

Old 05-21-2014, 01:33 AM

338 posts, read 385,134 times
No, I love thick girls too!

They make good mommies and know how to cook.

They also won't complain what and how much I am eating.

"Fat" is very subjective and personal. If women listened to everything they read, they would lose all hope and cry their eyes out every night before falling asleep.

I have yet to date a woman with a six-pack.............doubt I ever will.

I don't want one myself either....

Old 05-21-2014, 01:42 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,231,747 times
Being fat is not the worst thing a woman can be to turn off a guy. A horrible personality is.

However, if we are strictly talking about dating opportunities, it's probably better to be at the very least average to increase your odds. It's definitely possible the guy you are interested in might feel the same way if you weighed less.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,209 times
Quote:
Is being fat literally the worst thing a woman can be? Go ahead and be honest. Is it?
Clearly not. What an absurd question. A raging pedophile or a serial murder - a consistent and on going practice of sexual indiscretion while in a relationship - I could list 100s of things worse than simple obesity.

Also you are forgetting there are a not insignificant portion of people out there who are happily attracted to the larger woman.

So the force of your question - and the basis of it - appear to be escaping me entirely.

Quote:
but seriously...her over me?
Why not? You are judging yourself - and her - by YOUR standards of what you think should be attractive or unattractive. And extrapolating from this that being "fat" is the worst thing you can be.

You are failing to realise that HIS standards - not yours - are what are applicable here. She clearly fits his criteria. You perhaps do not. End of.

Extrapolating this into a judgement of yourself or your own characteristics is an error. Do not fall into that error.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:07 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Don't worry about it!

I know it's hard to be objective but if that guy isn't interested in you then he's not the one for you. THAT guy prefers the woman with bad teeth. Not true of all guys.

Fat is a difficult burden, but it's not the worst thing in the world. You already know that.

Since it's so difficult to slim down much, why not try to simply keep from gaining more weight by gradually changing your diet and increasing the amount of exercise you get? If you join the Y or other health club you could work on improving your overall health.

Good health usually increases your self esteem which will make you more attractive to others. Don't give up on yourself.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:43 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
To be quite honest, in the dating world, being fat is a disadvantage, for both genders. I myself, don't discriminate overweight women, but unfortunately, a lot of men do.

Sucks, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships