Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 12:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
Go ahead and be honest. Is it? At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman, however, who has a great body but... has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking. And he is clearly attracted to her. And he is not an unkept person himself. He dresses decently and has goo hygiene. I am not saying he has to be attracted to me or anything but seriously...her over me? Even with a better by Thewoman does not take care of her MOUTH. He is interested in kissing that...? It - at least to me - also reflects how she might care for a future child`s hygiene (not wel)...etc. Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice, I don`t know.
Fat is not the worst thing you can be, far from it.

That said, either get over him or if you want him that bad, lose weight. He would be a bad reason to lose weight, though.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM

87 posts, read 108,032 times
Depends on the person. I know men who don't mind women with a bit "more to love." But for most men, it would be settling and their ideal would be a thin woman or at the very least, normal-weight/fit woman.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:14 PM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times
"Is being fat literally the worst thing a woman can be?"

Nah... having low self-esteem & being so insecure that you gotta tear down his girlfriend is the worst.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,944 times
I saw this thing that said the average woman was a 16 the mans ideal size for a woman was a 12 and women's ideal size for themselves was 4-8.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:41 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I saw this thing that said the average woman was a 16 the mans ideal size for a woman was a 12 and women's ideal size for themselves was 4-8.
I like to hover at 6 because I love to cook and eat well. I happen to believe in this realm of life, you can have a trim figure and enjoy foods you love with a lot careful planning.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:41 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
Go ahead and be honest. Is it? At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman, however, who has a great body but... has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking. And he is clearly attracted to her. And he is not an unkept person himself. He dresses decently and has goo hygiene. I am not saying he has to be attracted to me or anything but seriously...her over me? Even with a better by Thewoman does not take care of her MOUTH. He is interested in kissing that...? It - at least to me - also reflects how she might care for a future child`s hygiene (not wel)...etc. Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice, I don`t know.
Oh wow, where to begin? Can you say "jealous"? I'm a thick girl and not super gorgeous but always managed to find a guy. Even after I got married men still hit on me. Maybe it's my personality that attracted them.

I think it's pretty lousy of you to assume that this woman wouldn't make a good mother simply because of her teeth. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.

How close have you gotten to this woman that you could give such detail about her teeth? Something tells me her teeth aren't as bad as you say. I mean, where do you come off saying she doesn't take care of her mouth? Do you know her medical or hereditary history at all?

Weight has nothing to do with it. Being judgemental and not nice does.

And if you feel that being overweight is the worst thing a woman could while there are mothers killing their own kids or being junkies then you really need to seek some therapy.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:54 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
It's not the worse thing to be, but when I was overweight I was unhappy, it influenced how I saw myself. I could tell it influenced how men I wanted to meet saw me. Being overweight brought me two health problems that had to be managed until I overcame them through diet and weight loss.

Not the worse thing, but sadly, the quality of my life went way down as if I was plagued with the items that are considered "worse" I take full responsibility for every choice that led me to be 50 to 60 pounds overweight. I tried very hard not to be upset with people who found slimmer more fit women attractive and desirable, but it hurt. But sometimes your deepest pain will drive you to a place where you must rise up and change your life, and I guess that's what the experience did for me.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:55 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
man's idea size for a woman is a 12? yeah right

average is not 16

let's not fool ourselves here.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:59 PM

62 posts, read 121,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You never know why one is attracted to someone, it happens, life goes on, the earth continues to turn and there is no reason to think they are any better than you overall.

As far as her teeth go, you really have no idea why her teeth are like that, it could be lack of hygiene however, it could she had an eating disorder at one time, she could be a recovering drug user, she could just have naturally bad teeth (it happens). So to assume that one does not take care of their dental hygiene and would not properly take care of their child's dental hygiene properly is making quite an assumption without any basis in fact.
I agree with you there could be various reasons the other woman's teeth are not in great shape, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we should never judge others or criticize others nor ourselves because of our own insecurities! Great response!

Old 05-21-2014, 01:01 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
In the dating scene being fat for a woman is like being broke and without a car for a man. Both will have a bigger challenge with the opposite sex.
Ummm..being fat for a woman in the dating scene is the same as a man being fat. They will both face discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships