Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 10:34 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times

Advertisements

I think most men would react to overweight more negatively at first, but its proven that further in a relationship the following are worse:

Insecure
Needy
Dependent
Entitled
Jealous
Marriage Crazy
Baby Crazy

Old 05-21-2014, 10:40 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
Go ahead and be honest. Is it? At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman, however, who has a great body but... has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking. And he is clearly attracted to her. And he is not an unkept person himself. He dresses decently and has goo hygiene. I am not saying he has to be attracted to me or anything but seriously...her over me? Even with a better by Thewoman does not take care of her MOUTH. He is interested in kissing that...? It - at least to me - also reflects how she might care for a future child`s hygiene (not wel)...etc. Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice, I don`t know.
It depends on who you ask. Physical chemistry is a very big factor with your average man. Men are very visual. Few are so spiritual they will only look at a woman's inner attributes. I think the worse thing for me would be: Overweight and being chased by men who think I'm "easy" or have low self-esteem or they have for a lack of a better word, a "fetish" for larger women. I would feel degraded and objectified, not flattered.

I used to be 60 lbs overweight. The weight came off in a way that did not leave any serious aesthetic issues, thank God. I'm a middle aged woman and I think I look great and I often receive compliments from men and women on my figure. I go to church, I'm loving, thoughtful, kind, honest, nurturing, intelligent..funny, even. And I still sit home on Saturday nights because the men in the town I live in prefer women who sleep around.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:43 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
If you are overweight some people will disqualify you no matter what. That is their preference and there's nothing wrong with choosing not to date someone who is overweight. If it bothers you, then you can choose to lose some weight, but I cannot stand it when overweight people point fingers calling others shallow because they won't overlook it. The tone of your post is really petty. Perhaps that's the problem and not your weight. That's you're sitting around giving so much thought to this. Who cares if she has bad teeth? Maybe she has a wonderful personality and makes him feel like a million bucks.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:50 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Not really. Some guys love heavy women. Some guys love anorexic women. It varies.

But, unless you have medical issues, being fat can be fixed. I am 5'0 and used to weigh 150-160 lbs at my largest. Now I am down to my 120s. Still bigger than I would like, but I am working on it. I mainly just cut back on eating, and did crunches. I was too lazy to do much else lol

I have 1 lazy eye, and I think that's worse. I look in the mirror with disgust every time because it's so noticeable. But I am going to see about surgery to fix it. It doesn't help my looks any lol

But this guy apparently just has different taste. You are comparing yourself to the girl with your flaws against her's, and of course you feel you're a bit better. But from the outside looking in, he prefers the other woman.

Different guys like different types, and sometimes you may be unlucky to be attracted to the types you can't get. I am more reserved, quiet, and kinda old-fashioned. Some guys want that, others find it boring and prefer a loud girl that likes to party and have fun, get drunk, etc. And just sad luck the type of guys I am attracted to, usually go for the other girls.

Smokers have some bad teeth after a while, but they still get dates. Same with fat. Lots of fat women still get dates. It's just harder with more obvious "flaws", and for some people in general.

Dating is tricky, and sometimes it may just be lucky ones that get anything--because some hit it big, others don't.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 AM

185 posts, read 242,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
If you are overweight some people will disqualify you no matter what. That is their preference and there's nothing wrong with choosing not to date someone who is overweight. If it bothers you, then you can choose to lose some weight, but I cannot stand it when overweight people point fingers calling others shallow because they won't overlook it. The tone of your post is really petty. Perhaps that's the problem and not your weight. That's you're sitting around giving so much thought to this. Who cares if she has bad teeth? Maybe she has a wonderful personality and makes him feel like a million bucks.
Be careful there, someone might accuse you of "fat shaming".

Old 05-21-2014, 11:16 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
In the dating scene being fat for a woman is like being broke and without a car for a man. Both will have a bigger challenge with the opposite sex.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Being fat is not an absolute deal breaker. I've known fat women that were still very cute and had a great personality. If along with fat goes large breasts, she will definitely get some attention. But the fat is a serious negative. So if a fat woman also is kind of plain, and not much in the personality dept. she's going to have problems in the dating world.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i dont condemn anybody for being overweight. i was once very over weight.
yes i had a rought childhood, however, i do hold myself responsible for the excess weight and its effect on my life.
i also feel its hypocritical of me to like slender women and be obese.
i strongly feel i should not ask of others what i am not willing to give.
bottom line, its my stuff to handle not theirs.
so i diet non stop and exercise a lot.
its not fun, but you get used to it,.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 AM

56 posts, read 44,778 times
No, it's not literally the worst thing. It might not have been your weight that turned him off in the 1st place. But, many if not most men would prefer a girl who is not overweight. As another poster eluded to, men presume a lot about overweight women when they first meet them - namely that they don't care about themselves, are unhealthy, and are too lazy to do anything about it.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:43 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
No. The worse thing a woman could be is a Steelers Fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships