Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:55 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemike13 View Post
Losers date fat chicks. This is not societal conditioning, it is how it is.
Losers make statements like this.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:01 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,998,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I would say yes. Men are more likely to reject women for being overweight than for any other single reason.

But the real issue isn't that most men don't want to date overweight women. The real issue is a lot of men won't even treat overweight with common courtesy. Some even go out of their way to ridicule and humiliate them. Your friend doesn't sound like he is doing that. He sounds like he just isn't interested in you. That's a shame, but it doesn't make him a bad person.
This is the sad reality I've noticed as well. It's not enough to just be disinterested. Some men have to make it a point to let everyone know how repulsive fat women are to them. I don't blame anyone for not being attracted. You can't really force attraction. But I see no need to be nasty about it.

OP, your weight very likely puts you at a disadvantage with a lot of men. But take heart, preferences are as unpredictable as anything, and your weight puts you at an advantage with a lot of men as well. Besides, do you really want to date someone from work? That's usually a bad idea.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 AM

11,792 posts, read 12,027,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I would think a crackho who would drown her own children and toss the bodies in a dumpster would be the worst thing.

That said, most men I know rank body over face when it comes to physical attraction. Of course, other things come into play as they get to know you. But speaking strictly surface-level, that's been my observation.

When it comes to flaws, look at it this way: Even if he considered lousy teeth a negative as well as being overweight, her mouth isn't always open and her flaw is not always on display, whereas yours is and there's no way to ignore it. Sounds harsh, but just looking at it from another perspective.

I would stop worrying about this guy and being all ticked off that he prefers someone else over you. You sound really jealous, and that can be even more of a turn-off to a man than a few extra pounds.
^^^ This.

And it wasn't a contest to pick between two women so he opted for her bad teeth and good figure versus your weight and nice teeth. It may very well have nothing to do with either attribute.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:33 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
Go ahead and be honest. Is it?
In the dating world, it is definitely a disadvantage, especially if you are also "old" (which this week C-D logic defines as 30).

Old 05-21-2014, 10:06 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,710,033 times
+1 to the posters who said that people are attracted to who they are attracted to. That is just how crazy life is!

But to answer the questions OP, NO, being overweight is not the worst thing. There are many, many things that are worse.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:17 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
Being fat is definitely not the worst thing a woman or man could be.
Here's a short list what's a thousand times worst:

Stupidity, uneducated
Uncouth, trashy
Unambitious
Apathetic

And, the number one flaw that is the worst:

Promiscuity

I don't want someone who jumps on anything w/ a pulse, lol

Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,966 times
Being a total C word all the time might be the worst thing a woman can be.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:21 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,917 times
I think it's pretty bad, but the worst thing is probably being a nasty b..ch. I would date a fat girl over a demanding, uptight, overly critical, nitpicky and just generally awful girl any time... even if the b..ch was amazingly hot I wouldn't be able to last more than a few hours before telling her goodbye. If she was intelligent or ambitious or high class, none of that would matter... actually, it would make it worse.

I can't stand constant negativity, always critical, gossiping, lack of empathy or compassíon, hates animals...that's the worst.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:27 AM

166 posts, read 243,573 times
OP, a little extra isn't the worst. The fit body, good looks and slender figure gets the initial attention. Once you get to know the person a bit better it becomes more about what kind of person they are. You know this already though.

I used to go after the really attractive women. I had some serious relationships with a few REALLY good looking women when I was younger because that was what attracted me to them. Then I realized they were bat**** crazy. I'm thankful I realized this instead of accepting this type of behavior as the norm.
There is a term for it, I think they call it maturity or something like that.

I then realized that I was willing to deduct points on the looks scale as long as there was a corresponding increase in the livability scale. There is no normal other than what you presume it to be.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:34 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times
A fellow I recently had to friendzone was talking one day about when he found someone he was not going to care whether they were in shape. He was going to be concerned about their kind heart and their positive outlook on life and their goodness. Sounds good. I work out and I'm in shape, I suppose he was trying to tell me that even though I was in shape, I didn't make the cut? What do I care? I'm not attracted to him, anyway. No amount of reverse psychology will make me change my mind on that. Why is it, then... that every chance he gets he's dropping hints that he hopes I change my mind about dating him? That just tells me the majority of people with the queen size, with a queen size heart of gold are kind of kidding themselves. Or maybe even in serious denial. I was disappointed in S.B. If you don't mean it, please don't say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.