Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I see this on boards like this and some pop articles, but it doesn't mirror what I see in real life. Just saying.

Sadly, "average" and "overweight" very well may be synonymous... but I've had lady friends complain that in some cuts they wear a 2 and in others a 12 and have to have it altered with their (um, big) busts... so I just don't even let sizes register in my mind as I can't picture it at all.
Those are way off. A 2 in one brand and a 12 in another? I can see a 2 in one brand and a 6 or 8 in another. But I'm talking about stores like Macy's, Khol's, Old Navy--those sizes are pretty consistent give or take.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:46 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Those are way off. A 2 in one brand and a 12 in another? I can see a 2 in one brand and a 6 or 8 in another. But I'm talking about stores like Macy's, Khol's, Old Navy--those sizes are pretty consistent give or take.

Well, this friend did have very large you know and pretty darn narrow hips... unnervingly so, definitely not typical. Very nice.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

Funny--other sites I've seen list that height with a lower weight

Ideal Weights for Women

Ideal Weight and Height Chart | Body Mass Index Chart | Rush

Ideal Weight Chart

Old 05-21-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, this friend did have very large you know and pretty darn narrow hips... unnervingly so, definitely not typical. Very nice.

Oh, well that's different! I have friends whose bosoms require them to get dresses or blouses that are much bigger and then have them altered to fit the rest of their body. What us women go through! LOL

Old 05-21-2014, 01:55 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Oh, well that's different! I have friends whose bosoms require them to get dresses or blouses that are much bigger and then have them altered to fit the rest of their body. What us women go through! LOL

That's what I was getting at.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:57 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Bellakin

THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME | American Demographics - Advertising Age

As I stated this article talks about what female consumers are buying so in the advertising world "average" has different connnotations from say an insurance company or health and fitness magazine.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:59 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPLove View Post
At my job, I have a crush on this guy. I have a body shape that is definitely "more to love." The guy is kind, helpful, and friendly to me, but makes it fairly clear that he is uninterested romantically. He clearly is attracted to this other woman who has a great body but has bad teeth. The two front teeth are yellowed and slightly rotted-looking.... I am not saying he has to be attracted to me, but seriously...her over me? ...Maybe I am guilty of a different kind of prejudice...
Some guys may feel that a woman with bad teeth might not be as embarrassing publically as one who has "more to love", who could be perceived by our fitness-centric society as unconcerned with her appearance and health. However, beauty is also "in the eye of the beholder" as the old saying goes. So whether you are attractive is not up to him, but to the ones who would find you desirable to behold and more importantly, to yourself.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Sounds like there is more to this. Even when I was bone thin and modeling there were guys not interested. Life happens. However if you are obese and men are rejecting you then I would take care of that.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:12 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women are a bit more forgiving of a man's looks. I think there is a thread out there that talked about looks and women agreed how they don't mind much about a man's looks. Unless some of these female posters change their mind in this thread. Yes, a fat man would have it hard of course but not as hard as a fat woman. Men are not as "forgiving" as women when it comes to looks.

Typically, men are rejected based on their economy and maybe fat in some cases if its extreme. Women get rejected for being fat and unattractive not so much because of their economy. Men and women normally place important on certain traits differently.
That's a myth. Women are just as superficial as men. Some women overlook physical imperfections and so do some men. You should hear some shallow women talk about prospective guys. It's brutal. ( I am sure it's the same for men)

Old 05-21-2014, 02:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I'm a little worried about how this is going to sound, but I probably would not be attracted to a man who prefers larger women anyway. I never really met one, to be honest..if they said it, I usually thought to myself that either they were lying or the reason for their preference was that a heavier woman was easier to date initially and easier to "manage" within a relationshp. I know this sounds awful but I actually know a few heavy women who would pretty much do anything to hold onto the man in their lives, if they managed to meet and pair up with one. I can't see myself in that kind of life. I require mutual respect and a reasonable amount of equality in my relationships.
This is exactly why I always tried to avoid explaining it to any of the overweight women I dated before I was married. As soon as I would say I prefer overweight women the assumptions started flying. They would assume I had a fetish, or that I was unsuccessful with other body types, or believed overweight women to be easier to control. None of these assumptions were true. I bailed on a couple potential partners because these assumptions always seemed to come up and I got tired of explaining myself. It's like you said about mutual respect: if I've shown it, show it to me by taking me at my word that I just prefer overweight partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships