Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:24 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I don't want a "little" family, but it pains me to know that no one even liked me enough to try to knock me up.

Aw man. Here I was, thinking this was real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 05:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
It would help a lot if you would accept what others say without intentionally turning things around and being an instigator.
If you do that in real life like you do that on this forum you might want to think about the outcome of your behavior as it affects your real life.

This thread is 7 posts in and you have already started, go back and read all of the threads you have started and all of the responses you have given to others.

Then figure out if it is them or you that is the problem.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:25 PM

678 posts, read 1,065,509 times
Quote:
I don't feel old, but I know this is the youngest I am ever going to be. It petrifies me that I'll be 30 in just 10 years. Where will I be by then? Will I be just as lonely. The future is never planned.
Oh brother, you're only 20, enjoy the heck out of being single. I didn't even think of having a family until I was in my 30's. Once your 20's are gone they're gone and it's better (IMO) to experience and enjoy life and do all of the crazy stuff that you want to do now.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:26 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
do something about it. go out and make new friends. join clubs do some activities where you will meet people your own age. get a make over if you need one. have fun in life, find a job that makes you happy. you can't find love till you love yourself. BTW lots of people are single and are completely happy, happiness does not come from other people but from yourself.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:27 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
I'm internally terrified.

Deep down all I've ever wanted was for someone to like me back, and receive love and affection from people other than my family. I don't know why I'm so aloof and difficult. I very much want to be likeable, and I'm trying to be more outgoing. Maybe it stems from childhood "bullying", but I just don't think anyone is willing to give me a chance. In high school, being single wasn't the worst thing, but now it's starting to dwell on me. I know I'm still young, but I won't be young forever.

I put a lot of time and effort into making myself "better". Whatever flaw I have/had, I do everything I possibly can to diminish it. My mother tells me I worry about things that no one cares about. But if I care about it, then someone somewhere does too! I feel truly alone, and that no one likes me anymore. I feel like a child star that aged out of their cuteness.

I was born an only child, and some of my closest relatives already have little families of their own. This almost kills me, because it brings me back into the realization that we're no longer the children we used to be. Everyone is socially growing, and becoming more mature than I am in a different sense. They know what it feels like to be desired and what it's like to have a guy genuinely like you, and I don't.

I'm not saying men aren't attracted to me, at least not the normal ones.
Yah sound just like me. All throughout school I was either ignored, or not taken kindly too. Though I am a girl, and I had more issues with boys throughout school that girls. And all my "romantic" affairs were one-sided. I liked them, and they didn't like me at all. Or some liked me, but I didn't like them.

I just feel totally rejected. The guys that did show interest were thugs, bums, or old men.

I am 23 and never dated. I have a brother, but we're not close, and he's getting married which is a big deal, and has a step-daughter. But then there's me. My father was married at 26 or 27, but he had alot of women before then. My mother had some boyfriends, and was married at 18, to my father. And there's me. The loser in the family that no guys want. Sans the types mentioned. I get told I am pretty and have a great body, but that's usually by family, which counts for nothing, or online, and once again, I get told that by old guys, that are married sometimes. Just dishing out compliments.

All I can say is maybe get out and advertise yourself more. Go places where you will be seen. Like the mall. Plenty of people go there, so you may be able to meet someone. They have food courts, and things there. Ball games are good. Some people going to find other singles. If you're a girl, then plenty of guys will be there.

Online dating is worth a shot. Not the best, but some have met their spouses online.

I wouldn't recommend a bar or club. A drunk setting isn't the best, and usually it's places for hook ups, not too often to people meet their future spouse there lol

But, I know how ya feel. It only feels bad for me when I think about my current crush. I am totally hot for him. Liked him for 2 years next week. But I am never gonna get him. And having all these feelings and nothing to do with them gets frustrating and depressing.

I wish you luck. You'll probably do better than me. But also try some hobbies to take your mind off it. I have a few things I like to do, projects, etc. So, find some happy things that you can do that doesn't involve a man. Art, sewing, sculpting, etc.

I love coloring with photoshop. I am not that good, but it's still fun, and I do like to share my work online afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

Aw man. Here I was, thinking this was real.
It probably is. I understand. It's not that she's easy or slutty. But that she gets no attention from guys, even the players Never had a boyfriend, or a player that wanted sex at least. Basically rejected for dating and sex lol

And nice having Twan in your post. Had the hugest crush on him at one point lol

Old 06-13-2014, 05:28 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,454,810 times
Drama much? Come on! How about some therapy. Clearly, you could benefit.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:29 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,626 times
Quote:
My younger self always saw my present self in dozens of relationships, and having guys flock to me, and none of that ever happened.
Lol. My ex never had a guy ask her out until she was 21. Of course she's crazy....

Do you flirt with guys at all?

Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM

262 posts, read 547,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yah sound just like me. All throughout school I was either ignored, or not taken kindly too. Though I am a girl, and I had more issues with boys throughout school that girls. And all my "romantic" affairs were one-sided. I liked them, and they didn't like me at all. Or some liked me, but I didn't like them.

I just feel totally rejected. The guys that did show interest were thugs, bums, or old men.

I am 23 and never dated. I have a brother, but we're not close, and he's getting married which is a big deal, and has a step-daughter. But then there's me. My father was married at 26 or 27, but he had alot of women before then. My mother had some boyfriends, and was married at 18, to my father. And there's me. The loser in the family that no guys want. Sans the types mentioned. I get told I am pretty and have a great body, but that's usually by family, which counts for nothing, or online, and once again, I get told that by old guys, that are married sometimes. Just dishing out compliments.

All I can say is maybe get out and advertise yourself more. Go places where you will be seen. Like the mall. Plenty of people go there, so you may be able to meet someone. They have food courts, and things there. Ball games are good. Some people going to find other singles. If you're a girl, then plenty of guys will be there.

Online dating is worth a shot. Not the best, but some have met their spouses online.

I wouldn't recommend a bar or club. A drunk setting isn't the best, and usually it's places for hook ups, not too often to people meet their future spouse there lol

But, I know how ya feel. It only feels bad for me when I think about my current crush. I am totally hot for him. Liked him for 2 years next week. But I am never gonna get him. And having all these feelings and nothing to do with them gets frustrating and depressing.

I wish you luck. You'll probably do better than me.
You and I are almost one in the same, right down the long term crush.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
20 years old, you're a babe in the woods. Wait until you are in your 50s and going to the bathroom every 2 hours then you will realize how good you had it when you were in your 20s.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:31 PM

262 posts, read 547,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Lol. My ex never had a guy ask her out until she was 21. Of course she's crazy....

Do you flirt with guys at all?

Like I said, I can be very aloof and come off as b**tchy, even if I really don't want to. I think it's a defense mechanism. It always makes me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships