Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:19 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post

Aw man. Here I was, thinking this was real.
I know, right?

Not worth our time when they are this narcissistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:23 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,121,043 times
Lol @ "pushing 20"

Old 06-13-2014, 06:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
20? Sthu.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:39 PM

262 posts, read 547,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I know, right?

Not worth our time when they are this narcissistic.
If I was being narcissistic I wouldn't be here complaining. I'd be out there trying to get attention.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:39 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
Who cares if they're divorced? Even if their relationship didn't last for the long run, they had someone that loved and cared for them. Maybe it didn't last, but they still had the feeling. I don't necessarily HAVE to be in a relationship, I just want someone to fricken LIKE ME! I want to feel desirable and wanted. The only people that want me are old people!! Being told that I'm attractive doesn't do anything for me if my attractiveness isn't attracting anyone. I might as well be ugly.
Agreed again. Like my mom saying Jen Aniston has trouble with guys, and she's hot. But it's not the same. She can get them, but not hang on to them. However, I can't even get them. Least Jen gets up to bat before striking out. I usually stay on the bench to as Cosby says "to keep it from flying in the air when the real players go out." lol

So, having feelings and a relationship, and them dying down later isn't as self-esteem lowering as never having it in the first place. Better to have known and lost--except in case of death. But a break up, sure.

Now the one thing I will say it better alone than abusive. I would not want a partner that was abusive in any way. Verbally, emotionally, or physically. I am not that desperate.

I crave a relationship, and dating experience and attention, because I would like to marry eventually. But I will not just settle for something just so I can have it, or because I can get it.

Some guys liked me, but again, not the type I wanted, or could see anything happening with. So, no. Wasn't willing to settle for them.

My mother says I should settle. In a sense of date a guy that isn't cute if he likes me, because "sometimes you have to go through dogs to get to better ones."

Can't do that. Guy doesn't need to be a knock-out of course. But at least kind of attractive to me. I have liked guys I thought were ugly. But I got to see their personality first. I can automatically get romantic off the bat if the looks aren't there. But if I was friends with them first and got to know them, then sure. But guys run at the word "friend." So, doesn't seem possible.

1 of my infatuations, when I first saw him, I said "ew, he looks worse than his friend." After seeing his personality more, I started to say "He's kinda cute." Then it moved to very attractive, and I liked him for a few months.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
If I was being narcissistic I wouldn't be here complaining. I'd be out there trying to get attention.
You mean instead of here trying to get attention?

Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You mean instead of here trying to get attention?
Some people just like to vent. And online is the best place. There's no real names, or faces. So you can still be kinda anonymous while doing it.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Some people just like to vent. And online is the best place. There's no real names, or faces. So you can still be kinda anonymous while doing it.
Okay, that's fine - just wish they would say that upfront before anyone like me wastes too much time really trying to help, when they clearly aren't interested in learning anything new.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:52 PM

262 posts, read 547,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed again. Like my mom saying Jen Aniston has trouble with guys, and she's hot. But it's not the same. She can get them, but not hang on to them. However, I can't even get them. Least Jen gets up to bat before striking out. I usually stay on the bench to as Cosby says "to keep it from flying in the air when the real players go out." lol

So, having feelings and a relationship, and them dying down later isn't as self-esteem lowering as never having it in the first place. Better to have known and lost--except in case of death. But a break up, sure.

Now the one thing I will say it better alone than abusive. I would not want a partner that was abusive in any way. Verbally, emotionally, or physically. I am not that desperate.

I crave a relationship, and dating experience and attention, because I would like to marry eventually. But I will not just settle for something just so I can have it, or because I can get it.

Some guys liked me, but again, not the type I wanted, or could see anything happening with. So, no. Wasn't willing to settle for them.

My mother says I should settle. In a sense of date a guy that isn't cute if he likes me, because "sometimes you have to go through dogs to get to better ones."

Can't do that. Guy doesn't need to be a knock-out of course. But at least kind of attractive to me. I have liked guys I thought were ugly. But I got to see their personality first. I can automatically get romantic off the bat if the looks aren't there. But if I was friends with them first and got to know them, then sure. But guys run at the word "friend." So, doesn't seem possible.

1 of my infatuations, when I first saw him, I said "ew, he looks worse than his friend." After seeing his personality more, I started to say "He's kinda cute." Then it moved to very attractive, and I liked him for a few months.
My mother is the exact opposite, she tells me to never settle. But my mother also believes in man should like you more than you like him. I think that's a little true. There's something about a female chasing after a man that's truly pathetic. Since we're told it's easier for us to get laid, I guess it's natural for people to think we shouldn't try so hard chasing after ONE man.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:04 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Pushing...twenty? Oh noes! How ancient! You're going to look like this soon op.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships