Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:15 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times

Advertisements

Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle,
the cow jumped over the moon.
The little dog laughed to see such sport
and the clock ran away with the spoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 10:19 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,449 times
Therapy would be good. Also, yoga. Typically, women in really good shape don't have many dating problems. It's shallow but it's true.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
You're a little too young to be feeling this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I'm internally terrified.

Deep down all I've ever wanted was for someone to like me back, and receive love and affection from people other than my family. I don't know why I'm so aloof and difficult. I very much want to be likeable, and I'm trying to be more outgoing. Maybe it stems from childhood "bullying", but I just don't think anyone is willing to give me a chance. In high school, being single wasn't the worst thing, but now it's starting to dwell on me. I know I'm still young, but I won't be young forever.

I put a lot of time and effort into making myself "better". Whatever flaw I have/had, I do everything I possibly can to diminish it. My mother tells me I worry about things that no one cares about. But if I care about it, then someone somewhere does too! I feel truly alone, and that no one likes me anymore. I feel like a child star that aged out of their cuteness.

I was born an only child, and some of my closest relatives already have little families of their own. This almost kills me, because it brings me back into the realization that we're no longer the children we used to be. Everyone is socially growing, and becoming more mature than I am in a different sense. They know what it feels like to be desired and what it's like to have a guy genuinely like you, and I don't.

I'm not saying men aren't attracted to me, at least not the normal ones.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:29 AM

262 posts, read 547,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You have a great future in pole dancing.
Surprisingly I can't do that, because I have a fear of being watched by the public.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:36 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Have you every got a Psychological evaluation?

Old 06-15-2014, 06:04 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,108,600 times
Nagging comes from either sex in the relationships I've witnessed.
Go out some, observe every couple you come across, and after a little time, you'll realize what a crock of s___ the love scam really is.

In the end, you'll stand alone and learn to laugh at the hidden misery that all the supposedly happy couples are holding back.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:52 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I don't want a "little" family, but it pains me to know that no one even liked me enough to try to knock me up. I feel almost undesirable and unwanted.
That statement right there^^? That makes you undesirable and unwanted. As long as you come off as desperate, insecure, and self-pitying, people are going to steer clear of you. You are just 19 for God's sake. No one needs to be worried about getting boinked by 19, or 22 for that matter. What you need to be worried about is your own happiness and self-image. You will never EVER have love from someone else, until you love your own self.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Ahh, ignorance is bliss. But I agree. I don't get much attention from guys. So I look at all my physical flaws. I think my waste is too big.

You could waste your life worrying about your waist measurement.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:08 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You could waste your life worrying about your waist measurement.
It's not all I worry about. I have other things I do. But nothing is wrong with self-improvement.

And I know I spelled wrong. But I was rushing, and multi tasking. So, it's just stuck that way now. Too late for an edit.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
It's not all I worry about. I have other things I do. But nothing is wrong with self-improvement.
I agree. But really, a 31" is nothing to be seriously worrying about. I guarantee that THAT would not be the "thing" that is keeping you single, hon.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 06-15-2014 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships