Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 11:12 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,980 times

Advertisements

Instead of worrying about getting someone to love you, try loving someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 11:21 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,598 times
These threads are ridiculous, especially when posted by anyone under 40 or 50.

Can these just be banned along with height threads?

Old 06-18-2014, 11:45 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
These threads are ridiculous, especially when posted by anyone under 40 or 50.

Actually, by the time someone is 50, it's almost too late to get therapy, resolve their issues, and begin dating with a new mindset. College-age (like the OP) is the ideal time to set about identifying obstacles to intimacy, and doing something about it. Especially since college is the only time when many people will ever have access to free counseling.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Always the cure for so much self absorption. Hope she listens.

The energy you put out into the world is the energy you will attract back

Old 06-18-2014, 03:55 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post

Why, how short are you?

Old 06-18-2014, 07:22 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Exactly! I never hunted around for someone to love me (my pets do that for me!), it wasn't part of the quest, but ah! to find someone to love!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:12 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Exactly! I never hunted around for someone to love me (my pets do that for me!), it wasn't part of the quest, but ah! to find someone to love!
Well finding love sure. But if you love someone, and they don't love you, then it's unrequited, and one sided. So, you're at square one. Single with alot of feelings of romance, or sexual desire, and nothing to do with them, because nobody to share it with.

Spoiler
Sometimes that causes the issue of wanting someone. Like if they have an infatuation. Could be a celeb, or a fictional character-movies, tv, books, etc. They have these strong feelings, and desires. but since it's with someone they won't get, that desire to have someone you actually do like, and can get love you back can be great. So, it's mainly repressed sexual + emotional and all these passionate feelings that you have nobody to share it with. And it's gotta be genuine. Not just settling and taking what you can cheaply get.

So, it pretty much stays bottled up, and builds up, so sometimes it comes off desperate for people that haven't had 2-way affection. They either liked someone that didn't like them. Or the ones that did like them they had no feelings for. And a small number that's just ignored all together. lol

If you mean romance. As for platonic love, that's great too, family and friends. But it still doesn't compare to romantic love. For example, when my mother left my father. I stayed with him. but he still cried alot, and wasn't happy. Does he love me? Sure. But I do not compare to his wife.

My mother and father love one another more than me. Not in a neglectful or bad way. but as lovers they have a bond together I will never have with either of them--thankfully lol

My brother is engaged. I am sure he loves his SO more than me, and my mother and father. Again, it's not bad. but they are closer.

It's a different kind of love all together.

So sometimes having feelings for other people, and seeing other couples in love makes you feel starved for affection. That may be where OP is. From chatting with her, she's liked a few guys, but it never lead to anything, thus she's still single, and never dated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships