Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 08:33 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times

Advertisements

No, dating will not be any easier for you at that age. You won't ask women out now. You've been posting under various usernames here for the last three years, and your sob story is the exact same as it was then.

You've wasted at least 3 years doing nothing to improve your lack of dating life, so i can't see you magically waking up one day a changed man. Here's just a sample from a post you made in October, 2012:

Quote:
I actually sort of started talking to this girl at my gym who had headphones on a few weeks ago and she seemed to enjoy our interaction. She was brand new to the gym and I answered a bunch of questions and helped guide her in the right direction (I've been working out for a while). I went away after a couple minutes though and didn't ask for her number or anything because I didn't want to come across as a desperate loser
See? Same sh*t, different year. Three years of life that you can never get back, all because you don't ask women out and would rather hang out with men, or your precious television. There is no hope for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 08:33 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
actually all I'm looking for is a 6/10 or higher who is a good person, everything else is negotiable
What gets me about you guys who rate women is that you talk about a 5 like that's the bottom of the barrel. A 5 is average, it's the widest point on the bell curve. Most people are 5s, even you, OP. So why then do you think you deserve a 6 or higher?

Old 09-24-2015, 08:36 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So why then do you think you deserve a 6 or higher?
Gosh, where have you been? He has a 2 to 1 shoulder to waist ratio, that's why!

Old 09-24-2015, 08:47 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,970 times
You know what I was doing when I was 26? I was living at home with my parents, making less than $30k/yr. and I still found a cute girl to date me. Oh, and I drove a 10-year old Dodge Aspen.

It's wasn't hard! I'm all personality, though.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
No, dating will not be any easier for you at that age. You won't ask women out now. You've been posting under various usernames here for the last three years, and your sob story is the exact same as it was then.

You've wasted at least 3 years doing nothing to improve your lack of dating life, so i can't see you magically waking up one day a changed man. Here's just a sample from a post you made in October, 2012:

See? Same sh*t, different year. Three years of life that you can never get back, all because you don't ask women out and would rather hang out with men, or your precious television. There is no hope for you.
Yes, I fear you are right. Sadly, people with this disorder struggle throughout their lives. By 25, their fate is more or less carved in stone. They won't get help because they will never admit they need it. Nothing ever, ever changes for them.

Quote:
Medication is of no use. In fact, patients usually adamantly resist medication. It is not uncommon for these individuals to be referred to therapy by their employers, especially when increased conflicts continue in the workplace. Nevertheless, the prognosis is dim. These patients usually consistently have relationship problems, and therapy does become stressful and tiresome.
http://www.peaceandhealing.com/psych.../narcissistic/

Old 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
This guy is sorely lacking in personal self awareness.... I say this without trying to be snarky..... he's running on the perpetual hamster wheel and the course isn't looking to change anytime soon.

Shame, actually... to see someone waste their lives.

This guy might wake up at about 42 and wonder where the **** his life went......

Old 09-24-2015, 09:09 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It can get easier as one gets older, but that really depends on one thing- the ability to figure out why some things work and other things don't work in the dating and relationship realm.

Based on your posts, you don't seem to have the self-awareness that is takes to make this happen, so it probably won't get easier for you. If anything, it will get harder as you continue to blame everything else except yourself for you lack of success.
This isn't really fair. It may be his looks holding him back, in which case there's really nothing he could do.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:18 PM

138 posts, read 92,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
then explain what's happening to me. Why have women in their 40s been so receptive to me?
Footloose and fancy free my boy!

Never been married, right?

No alimony

No children

No child support

Not upside down in a home or vehicle you lost in the divorce

Any woman has to be nuts not to give guys like this a shot unless you are a hideously ugly toad that works part time at the video store.....

Old 09-24-2015, 09:26 PM

138 posts, read 92,266 times
Like OMG!!

He makes 400k a year!

Yeah, he's also been married three times, has 4 kids and lives in a upstairs rented apartment in the ghetto slum area of town while his wife still has HIS 1.4 Million house and the keys/title to the BMW, Audi and Benz!

She also gets $2,000 a week child support!

On paper he's a gem!

IRL he's a TURD!!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:42 PM

837 posts, read 753,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What gets me about you guys who rate women is that you talk about a 5 like that's the bottom of the barrel. A 5 is average, it's the widest point on the bell curve. Most people are 5s, even you, OP. So why then do you think you deserve a 6 or higher?

Keep in mind all this sh*t is subjective

Some women here have said I'm average looking, in real life many people have said I'm extremely handsome or gorgeous. At the end of the day, all that matters is she is attractive to me. I might be a 5 to some but a 9 to others

The important thing is that she puts in a real effort to look decent. Most women who look unappealing just don't try - as in they are overweight or they smoke, or they drink and party like crazy. If you just take decent care of yourself, almost everyone can be decent looking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships