Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 01:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
22 is too young to think about settling down...my humble opinion... have fun for a few more yrs, late 20's is a good time to think about that stuff.

This. The best and brightest wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 01:44 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

I don't perceive this as helpful advice. Even in this era of delayed marriage, the top quality women are receiving marriage proposals by age 25. Men place a high value on female youthfulness. Her market value peaks now, so she should be making the most of her peak. If she uses her peak years to put forth a concerted effort to lock down a quality guy long term, she's ahead of girls who are dilly-dallying around with the early to mid 20s, then find themselves pushing 30 and find it harder to compete with the younger women for the elite men. Some of these women begrudgingly settle for a more plain guy and are not happy. In those situations, they often end up having affairs. I like her mentality and I think her mentality should serve her well. The key for her is putting forth a plan into action.
Not another "female market value" thread!

She's only 22. She has a few years of good shelf life left, before she's relegated to the discount bin.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:50 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not another "female market value" thread!

She's only 22. She has a few years of good shelf life left, before she's relegated to the discount bin.

There's about 7 or 8 brain surgeons here that say the same thing, clearly they've been weaned too soon and the women here shouldn't take it personally.

These people wear their insecurities and heart break on their sleeves, pretty obvious to anyone that can fog up a mirror.

Yeah... here comes the magina and white knight name calling brigade.

4 3 2 1.......

Old 11-15-2015, 01:59 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Personally I think your well to young to settle down as your entering a great time of your life

But if your set on it I wish you the very best of luck

Old 11-15-2015, 02:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:

I don't perceive this as helpful advice. Even in this era of delayed marriage, the top quality women are receiving marriage proposals by age 25. Men place a high value on female youthfulness. Her market value peaks now, so she should be making the most of her peak. If she uses her peak years to put forth a concerted effort to lock down a quality guy long term, she's ahead of girls who are dilly-dallying around with the early to mid 20s, then find themselves pushing 30 and find it harder to compete with the younger women for the elite men. Some of these women begrudgingly settle for a more plain guy and are not happy. In those situations, they often end up having affairs. I like her mentality and I think her mentality should serve her well. The key for her is putting forth a plan into action.
You and I obviously look at dating completely differently. You seem to think she should be "locking down a husband." I think she should take the pressure off of herself, date, get to know people, get to know herself, and let the chips fall where they may. This is coming from a woman that was proposed to 3 times and got married at 28. So there you go. Like I said, I'm not telling her to sleep around and party it up. I'm telling her to relax and not go into every date like it has to end up in marriage.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
I'm 22 year old female, with a nice job, and live in Atlanta.

I recently moved into a shared apartment, and I think I'm ready to a long term committed relationship. I haven't been having much luck finding men who want to settle down. I'm trying to target 26/27 year old professional men with a steady job (like me, not a gold digger).

where do you suggest I start looking?

I'm involved with some church activities currently, but haven't had much luck there.
You shouldn't have much problem meeting a single professional in such a big metro area.

What profession do you work in? Are you able to meet a man through work or friends? Are you taking any classes, going for a masters? These are places where you will meet the highest quality men.

FWIW, I think what you're doing is very wise. Just about all professional women (I'm also a professional so I know many of them) that I know in successful marriages/long-term relationships met their spouse when they were in their early to mid 20s.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:35 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Professional conferences and workshops, classes, possibly charity dinners and other charitable events or volunteering that people in your field gravitate towards supporting, and other professional networking opportunities.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
My friend is having good success becoming a member at her local museums. Larger ones have a membership class for younger people and have special events. It is also a good bar for her to meet men interested in cultural events like she is. Pick a topic you like and join.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:32 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:

OMG. You're so cute!!!

Wrong, but it's so antiquated. A woman only valued for the lack of years? Only in trailer parks and such, or with guys that can only pull rank on immature women.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-15-2015, 06:36 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

OMG. You're so cute!!!

Wrong, but it's so antiquated. A woman only valued for the lack of years? Only in trailer parks and such, or with guys that can only pull rank on immature women.
I did laugh at "pushing 30"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships