Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 01:41 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,093 times

Advertisements

Seriously, grow the F up. I'm friends with a few of my ex's on FB (who I had sex with when we were dating) and by golly, occasionally I "like" their FB posts. Just because I'm not dating them anymore, doesn't mean I need to completely cut them out of my life. Every single of my breakups was on good terms. No big fights or anything. Just realizing we weren't right for each other.

Wanna know something funny? My ex from college helped set me up with one of her high school friends -- and we've been dating for almost a year and a half now. We were both grown up enough that we put our past behind us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 02:25 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
I don't know.
Tell you she's still doing him. What other reason would they be friends on FB?

Just like you, they would hate each other if they were EX Lovers.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:45 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Tell you she's still doing him. What other reason would they be friends on FB?

Just like you, they would hate each other if they were EX Lovers.
You're just being sarcastic, right?

Old 01-28-2016, 02:55 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
You're just being sarcastic, right?
I believe so mate

Old 01-28-2016, 05:41 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
The definition of insanity is repeating the same behaviors and expecting different outcomes.

In your case, that means posting on City Data about how little you trust your girlfriend, and ignoring all advice about what to do.

Time to change the habit. This time, either follow someone's (anyone's) advice and do something about the relationship---whether it's to get counseling, break up (you'd be doing her a favor), or anything at all---or just stop torturing yourself and us by refraining from posting until you get your stuff in order.

There's nothing else anyone can do for you at this point. It's on you to make a change.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:59 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Yeah if she wasn't a friend of an ex **** buddy on facebook she wouldn't be "punished"!
She's not a real-life friend of the guy (from what you've told us); they're friends on FB, that's all. They send each other an occasional "like" rating. Why does that, for you, equate to her having sex with him behind your back? To normal people (like us), you sound hysterical. Paranoid and hysterical. Yours is not normal thinking.

You're not ready to be in a relationship. Get some professional help, consider it an investment in yourself, and in a year or two, you could well be ready to try again. It doesn't mean being single for the rest of your life (though you will be, if you do nothing to deal with your insecurities and your paranoia); it only means being single maybe for a year or two

You'll be much happier when you don't have these crazy thoughts going through your head. Relationships sound very stressful for you. They shouldn't be. There's a better way to live, and you can get there, if you get serious about dealing with your issues.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:18 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,487 times
I have plenty of friends who are friends on Facebook with people they slept with/dated. It's not big deal in my opinion. You can't prevent her from having a past. Liking someone's post on Facebook isn't evidence pointing towards one of them having actual romantic feelings. Most people like posts because they appear on their "news feed" regardless of whose post it is. It's rather mecanichal.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:39 AM

340 posts, read 272,111 times
I saw a video on youtube about jealousy! I'm feeling better, calm, trying to focus ini myself instead of my girlfriend. I need to love myself first!

Old 02-03-2016, 05:57 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,168,126 times
Quote:
You guys are calling me sick, crazy , that i need therapy...you don't know what i've been through. Don't understand my past, how much i've suffered in my entire love life!
Why should your past be her problem?

The reason people are saying that is that you will always have these issues unless you deal with it, either personally or professionally.

My wife can friend anyone she wants on FB.. If she is going to cheat, she is going to cheat.. Nothing I can do about it.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:33 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times
If I was your GF, I'd dump you with your insecurities. I like & comment on statuses often but don't actually have conversations with them. Sounds like you're trying to place your past relationship failures on your GF by trying to control her and making issues out of nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships