Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 03:29 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet16 View Post
Yes, it is me, with the breakup I was just in shock & denial for few days. This happened the first time in my life . Guys lie about any other possible things , it's excusable but this came as a big blow to me emotionally. Since this never happened to me in my entire life. I have met guys who would tell they only need casual & no commitment or lie about their financial stability or anything else but lie to this extent is definitely heartbreaking. It's backstabbing & deception to the core. I'm coping with all this
For the first time ever I approached blogs & forums seeking to get answers from diff people & opinions that would help me understand , resonate & perhaps i'll come to a conclusion & feel better.

I have seen a lot of responses for few days now, few bitter, few genuine & reasonable .
I have read all your responses in other sites as well. What I understand you need an explanation from that guy. What I can tell you about that is romance scammers are playing with people emotions. They know how to talk get, they know who search for attentions. Only thing you can do is accept the fact that some one play with you emotionally for two years over the internet. And accept that you were blinded, and you were believing all what you hear, you never met him in person, you just fallen love with just a picture accept the truth, and learn from your mistakes, take the responsibilities to your own actions and emotions. Romance scammers wont give any explanations take it. Life is not a fantasy OP!!
I hope you will find bit of peace coming time. But don't wait for an explanation. Good Luck!

Old 05-21-2016, 03:33 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
You can't break up with someone you've never met. If you're getting emotionally involved with texts and phone calls, you need help. In order to have a relationship, you have to actually MEET someone.
I agree with you on that.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:02 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Only for a person who has no financial sense or investing sense.
Speculation.

It's clear you don't know much about CEO defense salaries. CEO Defense Salaries
Not just technically possible but absolutely possible.

Bottom line she was not wise to emotionally invest in a person she never met. Not wise to carry on a 2 year childish game if indeed any of this story is real.
I see you're bent on misunderstanding everything I'm saying, but I'll leave it at the point that "too good to be true and damn unlikely to boot" is a silly cloud to chase.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:08 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet16 View Post
Next month, I'm moving back to DC completely ... Once I move back to DC, I'll be focusing on going out with friends , hanging out for the next 3 months enjoying the summer but no i'm not ready to date after all this. My hear is so bruised!!

Warning: Once you return here, it will be harder, not easier, to deal with things since he will be so close by.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
Warning: Once you return here, it will be harder, not easier, to deal with things since he will be so close by.
Yeah that might well be true mate

Just hope she meets someone else by then and I'm sure she wouldn't even give him a second thought

Old 05-21-2016, 04:20 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Getting "closure" in an online fantasy relationship only requires closing your browser.
^^LMAO!! Best reply entire post!

Old 05-21-2016, 04:24 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,934 times
Good this THING didn't get past go. Can you imagine how much worse you'd feel if this were a real relationship? I know you're in pain over the deceit of it all, but you haven't lost anything. Be thankful. Feel pity for the poor wife. Geez. That marriage must be a living nightmare.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:33 PM

34 posts, read 23,870 times
Quote:
You do realize he did exactly the same thing, go to the website for all that info. He's probably the janitor there living in his Mom's basement, getting his jollies catfishing women like you for nudies.

Make better choices.
Please if this is all a Scam or some Janitor I wouldn't be even here sitting on a Satuday noon spending all this time. He was no scammer & I was obviously his interest since I would call his work desk directly, communicate to his work email directly ( his first name . last name @ company.com) ..this is all no joke.
I would talk to his PAs occasionally when I'd call to his desk & he is out at client sites or meetings. He would call me back later that evening.

If I still want, I can stop by at this company directly on his front door, confront him , his managing partner , his team of PAs & all ..but again, I'm not crazy. I live a decent life , have been living a class life no matter what & I have my own standards. I will never stoop down to his level. I held my head high , trying to be a bigger person & letting it go..

It was definitely not a guy catfishing women for nude pics. Initiamacy was the last thing, more than anything it was the emotional support, investing of time & energy in giving & attention back & forth

Old 05-21-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
You can't break up with someone you've never met. If you're getting emotionally involved with texts and phone calls, you need help. In order to have a relationship, you have to actually MEET someone.
I need no help..I was obviously down, I wasn't smiling, happy giggling all day after this happened. I'm a human, a girl that invested my time & emotions into all of this & not having a clue why he did this to me.
Was I trying to break up? no , but I needed an explanation , I felt I deserved it for investing my time all into this for almost two years. I would have felt much better. I'm not sitting at home weeping watching all the Romeo & Juliet kinda movies, no no..but my heart is paining. I know now it's beyond over & starting Monday I have few other things to FOCUS on. I have a life. I'm a independent girl & have a house mortgage to pay & need to stand on my own no matter what. I will get over this by Monday. I need no Help!!! but yes, one explanation would have been a lot better!!

Old 05-21-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
Good this THING didn't get past go. Can you imagine how much worse you'd feel if this were a real relationship? I know you're in pain over the deceit of it all, but you haven't lost anything. Be thankful. Feel pity for the poor wife. Geez. That marriage must be a living nightmare.
Yes, I'm thinking the marriage must be a really unhealthy relation that he couldn't get out of . I pity the wife & kids. The background report stated his wife is 33 years old . I'm 33 years old, could it be any possibility he was trying to find someone like his wife or his wife's age who could fill the void & emptiness ???

Possibly yes..but...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships