Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You thought a millionaire CEO was 34?
There are plenty of them here in the Bay Area at that age.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:17 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
He was unhappy and/or bored and he found the perfect fling. You sent yourself up for being a part-time girlfriend by keeping your demands on his time small and manageable. He has cut you off because he was only interested in keeping you on a string as a potential lover and now that is no longer possible. He will not contact you because he does not want to involve himself in a messy emotional situation with someone he does not care about and he is worried about collateral damage to his other life. Take this as a sign that he doesn't even care enough to face the fallout of the mess he created by his involvement with you and that he cares nothing for your feelings.

Your "love" for him is nothing but clouds in the sky, imagined to be solid form or substance but in reality nothing more than smoke. You should be mature enough to recognize this and cast this whole episode as what it is - nothing more than an opportunity to learn and grow. Remember this is on you not him you let yourself become enamored with someone whom you knew nothing about.

If it makes you feel better then gather up your emails and evidence and send them to his wife along with a nice note that explains how he lied to you and saying you thought she ought to know. If not just let it go and take it as a learning experience - some guys are Aholes

Old 05-21-2016, 10:22 AM

953 posts, read 843,529 times
The best way to help give the OP a very small degree of closure would be for this thread to be closed.

Then again, a new one would likely be started within hours.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:34 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
There are plenty of them here in the Bay Area at that age.
Yeah.
And I bet they're all looking for true love online.

I can see a start-up, IT, silicon valley kind of dude...but not defense contracting in D.C.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah.
And I bet they're all looking for true love online.

I can see a start-up, IT, silicon valley kind of dude...but not defense contracting in D.C.
You would be surprised at how many young millionaires there are in the US.

The brother and sister who founded MyYearBook.com are young millionaires.

Just google US millionaires under 34 and you will be surprised.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:02 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You would be surprised at how many young millionaires there are in the US.

The brother and sister who founded MyYearBook.com are young millionaires.

Just google US millionaires under 34 and you will be surprised.
I wouldn't be surprised as I know/knew many.
Frankly, a million bucks just isn't that much money anymore.
None of them online date.
It's the position more than the money that made me roll my eyes.

And of course it's technically possible, but add that fact into everything else she got from this guy (and didn't get), and you don't have to be a genius to see what a rube she was being.

I mean, this isn't Fifty Shades of Grey. What else? This young millionaire ride a unicorn?

Old 05-21-2016, 11:09 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Getting "closure" in an online fantasy relationship only requires closing your browser.
This ^^ although I would have just texted, "I don't have any type of relationships with married men".

OP was in love with the fantasy. Fantasy evaporated, thus that was the closure.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised as I know/knew many.
Frankly, a million bucks just isn't that much money anymore.
Only for a person who has no financial sense or investing sense.
Quote:
None of them online date.
Speculation.
Quote:
It's the position more than the money that made me roll my eyes.
It's clear you don't know much about CEO defense salaries. CEO Defense Salaries
Quote:
And of course it's technically possible, but add that fact into everything else she got from this guy (and didn't get), and you don't have to be a genius to see what a rube she was being.
Not just technically possible but absolutely possible.

Bottom line she was not wise to emotionally invest in a person she never met. Not wise to carry on a 2 year childish game if indeed any of this story is real.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:13 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Closure is not something that is given by other people; it's something you give yourself.

Well said. I had to learn that one the hard way.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:22 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet16 View Post
My gut feeling is that, he was afraid eventually to disclose the fact that he is infact married
since he felt he might lose all the communication with me & continued as long as he could.

This clearly showed he wasn't happy in a marriage & perhaps if he divorces his wife she would take half of this money.
So my feeling is that he started to look for affection & love outside of marriage
Could be true, but ultimately it doesn't matter. I know it's hard to do, but the best thing you can do is not analyze anything about him and just move on. Stick to dating guys in person, who live in the same town you do.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 05-21-2016 at 12:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships