Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 11:16 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah, it's ptsd. It's why I didn't date for 8 or so years after. I didn't know how to act. I wasn't even going for the shock value, I don't talk about it, when I do it's a surprising conversational tone.

Divorced finalized on my 40th birthday, and got myself a very loyal over-protective dog. Ex didnt show up for the proceedings, or to see his child, but lived in the woods and watched me, bc I got the house. (And surely I must have a new man, why else would I want him out?) Only to have her shot in the head. The dog. We moved far away.

So when I'm brave enough to say I'd really like a dog, 10 years later, and be told "no"...it's kinda driving a wedge as well.

I may be fit for only 'singledom'.
That's your choice to make, but while getting a dog for a shared household needs to be mutually agreed upon, it may be that living with that man is not for you, or it may be that one of the many men who love dogs would be a better choice for you. That's a compatibility issue, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
The security feature on my phone required a password entry every time I wanted to use the damn thing and it was starting to drive me nuts entering a password 20 times a day. I found out that the phone has a fingerprint and a retina scanner and I have since changed it to the fingerprint scan and using the phone ever since has been fab.

Yeah, I know, first world problems.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:50 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That's your choice to make, but while getting a dog for a shared household needs to be mutually agreed upon, it may be that living with that man is not for you, or it may be that one of the many men who love dogs would be a better choice for you. That's a compatibility issue, don't you think?
Yeah. I was hoping that wasn't the case. You're too logical for me to get defensive with.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:43 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Well! Just got home from work and I see the fabulous 8 ft cat tree has arrived!! I guess I'll be putting that together for my Friday night adventure.😺😺
Better get some beer before I spread all the parts out...pictures will be on profile page before midnight.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:09 PM

20,397 posts, read 14,673,179 times
I had an amusing email exchange with someone at Cards Against Humanity. I posted a blog entry thing about it.

http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog4...ation-cah.html

Man I cannot wait to get out of work today, I need coffee, I have game night at the club and I'm already trying not to fall asleep where I sit... Too bad I hate the coffee at work. It tastes weird. Need some from home. Ugh.....

Old 03-16-2018, 04:19 PM

I'm not a huge coffee guy, I mostly drink it for the buzz and we bought a Keurig machine a while back and we've tried a couple of brands and I'm finding the Paul Newman stuff to be the best so far. In the building I work in there is a Starbucks in the plaza and I go down to it sometimes and I guess it taste good, or at least ok enough. LOL. I used to sometimes hit up a McDonalds drive thru for some coffee and I didn't notice it back then but since I've expanded my horizon a bit the McDonalds stuff is probably on par with battery acid, LOL, but again, I'm not a connoisseur so maybe someone might say that the Paul Newman stuff is battery acid too, who knows??

Old 03-17-2018, 12:14 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Chow, SOG, did you see the Maserati that got sliced in half today? The passenger died at the scene - was just watching this on the 11:00 eye witness news. It looked horrific.

I'm officially done with prepping everything for my party tomorrow, all I will need to do is grill the meat and serve. I know it's supposed to rain, but the grill is in a covered area so should be just fine.

I made real, autentico tiramisu for the party and got to lick the cream. Oh it's gonna be great but I might make some lemon squares too, got a craving for them again. Something about tangy/sweet.

I made three kinds of Hungarian salads for the party - one of them is wiener salad. It is a combo of slices of thin wieners, sliced red onions, and a sour cream/mayo based dressing. Leave it to Hungarians to take a mix of processed meat and onions and call it a salad. I ain't eating it though, it's for the guests.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:28 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,030 times
Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!

Old 03-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Chow, SOG, did you see the Maserati that got sliced in half today? The passenger died at the scene - was just watching this on the 11:00 eye witness news. It looked horrific.

I'm officially done with prepping everything for my party tomorrow, all I will need to do is grill the meat and serve. I know it's supposed to rain, but the grill is in a covered area so should be just fine.

I made real, autentico tiramisu for the party and got to lick the cream. Oh it's gonna be great but I might make some lemon squares too, got a craving for them again. Something about tangy/sweet.

I made three kinds of Hungarian salads for the party - one of them is wiener salad. It is a combo of slices of thin wieners, sliced red onions, and a sour cream/mayo based dressing. Leave it to Hungarians to take a mix of processed meat and onions and call it a salad. I ain't eating it though, it's for the guests.
I didn't hear or see that, but did you hear about that jerk off who threw a 30 pound bolder from a freeway overpass and killed someone? I haven't heard of anything that horrific in a while, that was earlier this week. I hope that they find that guy and hang him by the sack.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I didn't hear or see that, but did you hear about that jerk off who threw a 30 pound bolder from a freeway overpass and killed someone? I haven't heard of anything that horrific in a while, that was earlier this week. I hope that they find that guy and hang him by the sack.
Just an update, I was at the store and a cashier asked me about that crash. Crazy , I googled it and it happened like walking distance from the house. Scary stuff, they must have been doing 80 or 90 mph to split a car in half like that. Least they didn't hurt any one else with their stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships