Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 12:04 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times

Advertisements

I'm going to start waiting 10 minutes before I reply to someone, especially if they're trying to argue, because I find this common occurrence of somebody editing their post AFTER I replied so that my reply seems less sensible.

Anybody making a big dinner today?
Whatcheweating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 01:23 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
We were watching P-Dub, as Chow calls her (Pioneer Woman), and she was making pork chops in a garlic wine sauce, so that's going to be dinner. Looks pretty simple. Garlic, red wine ---->

Old 04-01-2018, 02:34 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
We were watching P-Dub, as Chow calls her (Pioneer Woman), and she was making pork chops in a garlic wine sauce, so that's going to be dinner. Looks pretty simple. Garlic, red wine ---->
Yum! I just picked up a P-Dub butter dish. I have a few of her things, they mix in well with my pastel dishes & paula dean robins egg blue cookware. I guess the other p-dub can be lower case-- I don't know if its safe to mention her, or if anyone's forgiven her yet. I had my stuff before the controversy. I'm working on a fabulous lattice crust apple pie right now, very ambitious today!

Hope you two enjoy your chops (and wine) does bun-bun have a place at the table?

Old 04-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yum! I just picked up a P-Dub butter dish. I have a few of her things, they mix in well with my pastel dishes & paula dean robins egg blue cookware. I guess the other p-dub can be lower case-- I don't know if its safe to mention her, or if anyone's forgiven her yet. I had my stuff before the controversy. I'm working on a fabulous lattice crust apple pie right now, very ambitious today!

Hope you two enjoy your chops (and wine) does bun-bun have a place at the table?
(Yeah, I only realized after I posted, that you were probably asking about big Easter meals. Duh, Sea. lol)

You and I appear to have the same taste in dishes/colors.

I think someone here on CD recently posted a clip of Paula Deen guest-cooking on some show. Apparently she's eating more healthfully now (diabetes).

The pie sounds good! The most work I'm doing for dessert today is tearing open the Ghirardelli dark chocolate bar with sea salt and almonds.

Yes, Bun-bun-head will be waiting for her salad with her napkin tucked in and cutlery in each hand. I already sang to her and told her it was her special day. lol

Happy Easter, everyone.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:19 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Went to meet up with someone at the Royal Cup Cafe on Redondo and 10th last week. Was tempted to shout out "hi Chowhound and Sea of Grass, I'm in y'alls' 'hood!" But I'm pretty sure my rendezvous person would not have understood. What a nice little cafe, though.

I'm finally past my midterms and see the end of the semester. Wishing I could take the kids on a cruise this summer but finances are not there, plus I have a summer class planned. We all need to blow off some stress and anxiety, but it will have to wait until after graduation. As luck would have it, the Splendor is going to come back to LB from the east coast by then, and we can book a cruise with the Cloud 9 Spa package. The thought of this at the end of my last year at LB State is going to drive me like nobody's business.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:24 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Went to meet up with someone at the Royal Cup Cafe on Redondo and 10th last week. Was tempted to shout out "hi Chowhound and Sea of Grass, I'm in y'alls' 'hood!" But I'm pretty sure my rendezvous person would not have understood. What a nice little cafe, though.

I'm finally past my midterms and see the end of the semester. Wishing I could take the kids on a cruise this summer but finances are not there, plus I have a summer class planned. We all need to blow off some stress and anxiety, but it will have to wait until after graduation. As luck would have it, the Splendor is going to come back to LB from the east coast by then, and we can book a cruise with the Cloud 9 Spa package. The thought of this at the end of my last year at LB State is going to drive me like nobody's business.
I have a project in Playa Vista and have been cruising on the 405 a lot lately, pass right past your hood ,lol.

Watching the barefoot contessa and the woman has no idea what measurements are. She's adding things to a dish and saying a teaspoon of this or a quarter cup of that and she's so far off I find myself hollering at the tube yelling get it right honey, lol

Old 04-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
We waved to you; didn't you see us?

Quote:
I don't know if you've mentioned it before, but what are you studying, if you don't mind my asking?

Maybe you could take a day trip to Catalina for a mini-celebration in the meantime? If you take the early boat over, it makes for a really long, fun day, and relatively inexpensive.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:33 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
qft
Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-30264672_1912405232134062_2719416327952400384_n.png  

Old 04-08-2018, 11:51 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I have a project in Playa Vista and have been cruising on the 405 a lot lately, pass right past your hood ,lol.

Watching the barefoot contessa and the woman has no idea what measurements are. She's adding things to a dish and saying a teaspoon of this or a quarter cup of that and she's so far off I find myself hollering at the tube yelling get it right honey, lol
My daughter keeps talking about going to Playa Vista because a lot of her classmates live there. How do you like it?

Barefoot Contessa is a total hack. 'Use your good vanilla'...'use your good butter'..when do I get to use the cheap-ass vanilla, the fake butter, and all the other inferior, crummy ingredients I keep in ample supply in my pantry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
We waved to you; didn't you see us?

I don't know if you've mentioned it before, but what are you studying, if you don't mind my asking?

Maybe you could take a day trip to Catalina for a mini-celebration in the meantime? If you take the early boat over, it makes for a really long, fun day, and relatively inexpensive.
I didn't see you waving - was that you walking a rabbit on a leash wearing a wide brimmed sun hat?

I don't mind you asking - I'm a liberal studies major doing an integrated teaching dual credential, so when I graduate with my B.A. I will be ready to teach. I'm in my fifth year as a full time student, and this semester is the second time I am taking 16 units all at once. And this time, no online classes. It's kinda nutty but I'm still managing. The state exams are a bigger pain!

Old 04-09-2018, 08:28 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Barefoot Contessa is a total hack. 'Use your good vanilla'...'use your good butter'..when do I get to use the cheap-ass vanilla, the fake butter, and all the other inferior, crummy ingredients I keep in ample supply in my pantry?
I kind of love Ina because she's just an effortlessly snobby white lady. She has an interesting history and great cooking chops, so she's fun to watch (alongside all of her preppy friends creating tablescapes with scraps from her garden.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships