Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 10:09 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well I've learned quite a lot, if that makes you feel better.😺Thx.
All it taught me is that people suck.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 10:16 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
All it taught me is that people suck.......
You didn't know that?
If you can find 1 or 2 that don't, you're pretty lucky.

So hang on like a barnacle.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You didn't know that?
If you can find 1 or 2 that don't, you're pretty lucky.

So hang on like a barnacle.
I was hoping I was wrong

Old 04-23-2018, 12:45 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
*shrug* I think people are pretty great actually.

We just get some weird ones here for whatever reason. It's...entertaining, though, I guess?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:04 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
These days I don't really know with people (or even myself) anymore.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's me or if most people actually aren't all that great. Probably both.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:32 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

We just get some weird ones here for whatever reason. It's...entertaining, though, I guess?
After your return from your self-imposed sabbatical, I kept seeing posts of yours talking about how much a nicer place CD (Relationships) was now. That always confused me. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

I'm still trying to figure out if it's me or if most people actually aren't all that great. Probably both.
I've actually learned a lot about myself from posting here. It's helped me to realize some things and hopefully will result in some improvement.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

I'll be completely honest. I really think that CD has shaped my world view of people a little more to the negative since I've been posting here. I stand back sometimes and try and get some perspective and realize that most people aren't as crazy as some people who come here and post some of the most nuttiest stuff ever.

I realize that that may be subjective to some but I am a little disheartened by what I read here at times and I sometimes really wonder why I keep coming back. I don't know if I'm getting some kind of dopamine hit or what....

Old 04-23-2018, 02:34 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
After your return from your self-imposed sabbatical, I kept seeing posts of yours talking about how much a nicer place CD (Relationships) was now. That always confused me. lol
Oh, it is. People seem generally far less obnoxious than they were back in about...2015, I think?...when I left. But I can fully recognize that I was a big part of my problem then, too. I was emotionally raw, in a major life crisis state. I felt like I had nowhere to turn, I was really a mess. And coming to this site and baring your raw emotional vulnerabilities, is just asking to get attacked. And I probably perceived a lot of things as attacks that might not even have been meant that way. So yeah...it wasn't just CD that was bad then, it was me. Don't know which was the more significant factor. But I do think that people are a little more reasonable now than they were then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll be completely honest. I really think that CD has shaped my world view of people a little more to the negative since I've been posting here. I stand back sometimes and try and get some perspective and realize that most people aren't as crazy as some people who come here and post some of the most nuttiest stuff ever.

I realize that that may be subjective to some but I am a little disheartened by what I read here at times and I sometimes really wonder why I keep coming back. I don't know if I'm getting some kind of dopamine hit or what....
The club where I volunteer and spend a lot of time, is considering having me run a discussion group on relationships and communication. I can think of lots of exciting topics, and I'm pretty enthusiastic about this. Told someone in a PM convo not long ago that I sometimes feel like after posting here a matter of years, I can handle anything, in this regard.

I guess I don't accept that ~this~ is simply "how it is" or "how people are" because I am crazy social extroverted outside of this, so I have a balanced concept of what a lot of different people are like, and ways that we can make our relationships and lives the way we want them to be. Not just bemoan the way it "is." And the reason I'm here? I found another forum while I was away from this one, and I still visit there sometimes, but it is NOWHERE near as active as this one. So I have to accept that if I want an active and engaging forum, some of the users might be......of diverse quality.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:31 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,030 times
Why judge? Why think about it at all? The quality of anonymous posters on a forum? Seriously? To me, its all just a shot in the dark.

Some people play detective - you are a man! You are a woman! You are a troll! You make great posts! I think one person's troll might be another person's savior. Likewise, another person's savior could be my troll.

If a topic isn't right for me (many times they feel too juvenile or too much garbage from the pages of Cosmopolitan), I don't get involved with it. That doesn't mean that someone else cant enjoy the thread. The forums might improve if people are more tolerant of the things they don't care about. Just because its not your thing, doesn't mean it doesn't need to be here for someone else.

And, don't get me started on the people that get their sick little jollies chasing new posters off of a forum. Whatever is on their minds, it hardly has anything to do with quality.

Just mi dos centavos! Dame some tequila senorita bonita. I really need it now.

Viva Cinco de Mayo!

Last edited by ComeCloser; 04-23-2018 at 06:42 PM..

Old 04-23-2018, 09:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
When you see the same thing though over and over again, the 'new guy' takes awhile to reveal his agenda, after enough have been pulling teeth to get to the details of their "story" it disappointingly proves to be some type of red pill Shenanigans about how awful women are, it's hard not to just cut them off at the pass and say: 'okay welcome new guy!' and then they leave and come back w/a different user name...if that's 'chasing off somebody' then so be it, you'll hear from them again next week. It's what I believe Sea meant by: "this could be a useful and informative place, (if not for the antisocials coming up with their own distracting tricks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships