Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 12:41 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
>>>IMO <<< I'd say confident, secure men make the moves to make things happen in their life, especially regarding women. I think a woman (specifically- the type of woman that *interests* him) can start a man thinking in her direction.. While still allowing him to pursue her. ~ If/when a man is ready to bring a woman into his life, he will... . . . ... The 'insecure man' is so clueless & afraid of rejection he'll either assume the passive (-feminine) role and do nothing or pursue the wrong women simply to justify and perpetuate his own insecurities and failures.
A secure guy is fine either way. He doesn't have to be allowed to pursue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 12:49 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,709,200 times
Raena.... I am wishing the best possible outcome for you!!!!

Old 07-21-2016, 02:27 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,540 times
It wouldn't freak me out at all.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:40 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,199 times
I wish more women did it, but I feel as to what I said before the guys that have little to no experience with women wish more women did it the most because they don't have the confidence and validation or self-esteem from having a reference

Old 07-21-2016, 03:59 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,164,885 times
If you ask a man out and he thinks you are "crazy" for doing so, he wouldn't have lasted long in any sort of relationship anyways.

No, it's not crazy. When I was dating I asked men out frequently. I initiated the first date between my husband and I with no regrets.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:07 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Any update, Raena?

Old 07-21-2016, 04:09 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Any update, Raena?
Cant sleep!!!!

Until an update!!!!.

RAENA!!!!

Old 07-21-2016, 04:45 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,495,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Guys would you think horrible things or think wow she's bold I like some one who is assertive?
You're over thinking it, You're either able to give the guy a boner or it's not going to happen.

Quote:
That's my thinking to that he may have issues with take charge women. I'm glad to hear some men would like it.
Don't cope already. See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't think it's even a matter of the guy "not being able to handle it" or not liking assertive women or whatever. It's that it did not occur to THEM to make a move on the woman...so, guess there's nothing really there! It's just a guy thing not a macho thing, if that makes sense.

Of course women aren't used to being rejected so then she has to come up with some big "he must have a problem" otherwise he'd have jumped.
Right. I've had it said behind my back that I was gay or thereabouts because I'd just stop paying attention to some female coworkers. I guess if dating another gal at that point translates to such, so be it.

Coping.

Quote:
You are right he never showed interest before but things do change as you age.
What you were interested in your teens, 20's is not always the same in your 30's.

Fyi-Men make many excuses to why women reject them.
Sure. Much like women claim that men are "intimidated" by them by a "great" career (even though they want a guy with a better career more often than not, so...), it's just a cope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato2 View Post
I would not believe it at first but I would be flattered and think the female is courageous at the same time. I would then accept it and then go on a date with the female.
Honestly, I'd believe it. Maybe not when I was 19, but I bring a bunch to the table. My thought would be, "About time!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If a guy has a problem with it, the will mean you've just screened out an insecure guy that you didn't want anyway.
Quit with the coping! He just may not be interested. Guys are allowed that much, I think. I know it's "man, bad", "woman, good" around here with these kinds of interactions, but that's a narrow stereotype that just has to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
If you ask a man out and he thinks you are "crazy" for doing so, he wouldn't have lasted long in any sort of relationship anyways.
See above copes. Then again, I've been approached by women who really should never have started. I would have tried to keep things as short as possible, I suppose.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:51 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
Hope everything works out for you, Raena.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:53 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,164,885 times
Alfred, how are you using the word "cope" here? Did the definition of the word cope change? What are "copes"?

I'm not sure what you are even saying about my post. I'm not saying a man is worthless if he rejects me. I'm saying he is being a bit dramatic and silly if he thinks I am "crazy" for asking him out because I am a woman. That's all it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships