Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 11:15 PM

64 posts, read 39,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
people struggle because they arent silver-tounged silver-tounged devils... same reason why many competent people dont ace job interviews.
I can imagine how having 2 tongues could be considered an attractive feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 12:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
No worries. And you're a man. So your taste for women will count more. With Heterosexuals, how we view attractive or good-looking in our own sex isn't the same as the opposite. For any heterosexuals, if they hear more often from the own gender that they are nice looking or attractive.... May not be a good sign.

It came up earlier in the thread -that we probably have different standards of attractiveness for our own gender than the opposite will -in many cases. What passes as decent or cute to us is none-too-impressive to the opposite.

That's how it is for me. Women and girls tell me I am beautiful -not counting male family. But with guys, I was either ridiculed, or ignored, by most. So usually if I am complimented by another woman on my looks, I don't take it seriously. I would be inclined to pay more attention to what men are saying rather than women.

Another example. Tons of men LOVE Miesha Tate. I used her for example once before
http://mmanewssource.com/wp-content/...ha-660x400.jpg
http://taazaupdates.com/wp-content/u...ampion-pic.jpg
Men are very vocal about their lust for her and how hot she is. I think she's a bit overrated in that regard. She looks average. But you probably may love her.
Yes I'm sure you would believe me when I say that a compliment from a woman holds a lot more strength than it does from another bloke! LOL... and I'm not too fusseed about entertaining too many from them either.

Don't get me wrong I can acknowledge if a bloke is good looking and especially if he's a great fella but certainly and not and if he's unsure of himself and needs a boost I'll tell him... but naturally I wouldn't go over to a stranger and say that lol

But yeah with family and friends they are built to encourage you and even the odd white lie about your looks or something else that we might have a negative thought on but mainly family...... There was a lady on here saying her boys beat David beckham any day!!... I spit out my tea laughing and responded with " ohhhh well OF COURSE they beat him.... my mum swears I do as well " sort of thing.

I think she's ok... better than the last two but I think " butch " or muscular women I'm not into except this one.... now her name is ocean bloom she was a bodybuilder/fitness model but then she lost the muscle and looked more feminine ( if that makes sense? ). ..... it's not my usual type but there is something about her ( probably face and boobs!!!! LMAO )

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=oc..._AUIBCgA&dpr=2
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...9de37a9e3.jpeg
http://lzimages.lazygirls.info/ocean..._DJIIeG0.sized
http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/image.../522066046.jpg

Old 12-21-2016, 07:01 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,354,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Because you're a lady that just has to leave the house to get a date LMAO

No but seriously yeah I don't know any bloke that has the same problems I read about on here if honest so agreed it's a mystery my love
Yeah, as soon as she steps out of the house, men come flying over to her at her step and then crouch down on their knees and look at her with their sad puppy-dog eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ha!! (Only on CD)Hon,I wish! No... more so set up with friends of friends.

Yeah even my weirdo friends around here get men.
As said before, they just have to step out of the house, or just open the window and stick their head out and just like that, they are in a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Can get annoying though. You see other people with pix posted, and they look like average people -but plenty of comments on their hottness. Then you post yourself, and everyone tells you you suck. Or you could look hot with more work. lol

I looked up your lady. She's very nice looking. I would think she gets more positive feedback than not. But you never know what some people deal with. I am a straight woman, so as stated maybe I am more acceptiong of other women's looks. I think lots of different women are attractive.

I think current UFC Bantemweight Champ, Amanda Nunes is a cute women.

But tons of guys don't hesitate to dog her. Most common comments made about her

She looks like a man
She looks like a monkey
She looks like Michael Jackson

3 pix of her.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKDwyp4Bo-R/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKfHXAYBjVZ/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF9mUuQOzk2/
Hmmm...

Yeah, I don't know what to say about that. But it is important to remember that looks are subjective and I can give you examples of some stars that I could see doing well with women.

Ryan Gosling himself gets some insults. People say that he looks like some kind of retard.

As far as Amanda Nunes... I admit she's not my first choice for a woman, but if she came on to me, I wouldn't reject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
people struggle because they arent silver-tounged silver-tounged devils... same reason why many competent people dont ace job interviews.

Quote:
Yeah I think you're right.... people that have the gift of the gab do well usually
While it is an advantage to wow someone's panties off with a riveting style of speech, it is not required. As far as job interviews, one of the best ways to put yourself ahead of the competition is to ask at least one question about the job. You have to come off as interested.

When it comes to getting a date...just have a conversation, you'll get a lot further than trying to come up with sayings that could've come from a James Bond movie. Not every woman is looking for that.

Quote:
Salma Hayek F YES!!!!! All day and night long given the chance ( almost in the same league as the goddess Sofia vergara )

But yeah the fighter is not my cuppa but certainly wouldn't be a rude as the ones that posted ( the one in the left in the second photo is quite nice though )
You should see Salma in Desperado. Blows anyone out of the water in my opinion. I know a woman that looks kinda like her. She is so sweet to me. But she has a husband. But the two fighters, I'd probably go with either of them.

Quote:
Yes I'm sure you would believe me when I say that a compliment from a woman holds a lot more strength than it does from another bloke! LOL... and I'm not too fusseed about entertaining too many from them either.

Don't get me wrong I can acknowledge if a bloke is good looking and especially if he's a great fella but certainly and not and if he's unsure of himself and needs a boost I'll tell him... but naturally I wouldn't go over to a stranger and say that lol

But yeah with family and friends they are built to encourage you and even the odd white lie about your looks or something else that we might have a negative thought on but mainly family...... There was a lady on here saying her boys beat David beckham any day!!... I spit out my tea laughing and responded with " ohhhh well OF COURSE they beat him.... my mum swears I do as well " sort of thing.

I think she's ok... better than the last two but I think " butch " or muscular women I'm not into except this one.... now her name is ocean bloom she was a bodybuilder/fitness model but then she lost the muscle and looked more feminine ( if that makes sense? ). ..... it's not my usual type but there is something about her ( probably face and boobs!!!! LMAO )

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=oc..._AUIBCgA&dpr=2
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...9de37a9e3.jpeg
http://lzimages.lazygirls.info/ocean..._DJIIeG0.sized
http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/image.../522066046.jpg
Yeah, I take compliments more from a woman, than a guy. Especially if it is a woman I care about.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:29 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
As I've said a million times on here it's not just about the looks mate

And my post was basically saying that my oddball mates or even have a not favourable trait about them shall we say still find dates... I wasn't talking about looks

Have you ever dated a lady?... or had sex with one?..... more than one?...... Then YES!!! you ARE physically attractive to some women, yet again if you fear the worst ( what you just said about talking your picture down for example ) then you and you alone are stopping yourself from finding out who else might like ya

I'm not the best looking bloke by a million miles mate and I didn't see your photo but I would BET that you're around my level if not better looking than myself... difference is I know what my strengths are and best of all how to use them and most certainly don't put myself down

Yup EXACTLY
I have only been with 4 women in total in my life one of them being the one I almost married.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:05 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,283,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
A woman asked me for my number last week. I was surprised because it's never happened to me before.
It happens of course but it is still a bit rare. Maybe in a group setting or when introduced by friends but to have a total stranger approach you, break the ice, introduce herself and ask your name, ask your number and offer hers, get you a drink, ask you out, and so on. Simply not as common as guys doing it but it might happen here and there. Exceptions exist.

It happens to me quite often when I am in Asia but not in the USA. There are women who think "approaching" or "making the first move" involves them playing with their hair, clearing their throat, smiling, etc. I don't think that is approaching or making the first move. When I have been approached it involves pretty much everything that is expected from men in the USA. These girls would walk up to me and simply break the ice and chat about whatever on the spot. After a friendly chat introduce themselves and depending where we are we would walk together or sit down to chill and then ask when we could meet again if things go fine which they normally do. Exchange contact information, meet again, and go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
They don't have to, they just point at tradition.

I'm sure some do, but they are few and far between.
Yup.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
You're Not missing anything
Oh stawp it.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:58 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,490 times
Guys need positive early reference experiences in their teens or formative years which sets up a positive upward spiral for success with women

Old 12-31-2016, 08:12 AM

19,727 posts, read 20,271,976 times
Probably not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but...

If you approach a guy, he just automatically starts plotting ways to sleep with you.

I'm not quite prepared for the onslaught. It's just too much, too soon.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Probably not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but...

If you approach a guy, he just automatically starts plotting ways to sleep with you.

I'm not quite prepared for the onslaught. It's just too much, too soon.
Doesn't that go both ways? I mean I want to get to know a woman before I even consider wanting to sleep with her.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:05 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,354,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Guys need positive early reference experiences in their teens or formative years which sets up a positive upward spiral for success with women
Or maybe a meeting with Shia Lebouf.

(Welcome back thread)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships