Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 08:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Not everyone is blessed with good looks. I posted a pic of myself and I took it down quickly because I didn't want to be made fun of for not being that physically attractive. That's why some men struggle in my opinion.
Yeah. Had a pic of myself up too. But I took mine down as well.

1. Fear of ridicule.
2. Just a bit too personable for online.

I have had #1 happen before. Not on this site however And it was a few years back. So I am aware I don't look that great. lol

So I avoid posting pix. Unless I am showing off an outfit and my face is nowhere near viable, or perhaps if I am wearing shades, a pic may not be so bad.

Last edited by HappyRain; 12-20-2016 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 09:04 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
Can't believe this thread is still going strong.

I think people ultimately do what works for them. If a woman is being approached regularly, then she doesn't need to do anything further, why would she? If she isn't being approached, then she needs to change her strategy.

Ditto for men. Regarding those who do nothing but complain about the hand they've been dealt in the dating lottery; they complain for the attention it brings them. Every parent knows that children will seek attention, even negative attention, because it is better than no attention at all.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post

1. Fear of ridicule.

I have had #1 happen before. Not on this site however And it was a few years back. So I am aware I don't look that great. lol

So I avoid posting pix. Unless I am showing off an outfit and my face is nowhere near viable, or perhaps if I am wearing shades, a pic may not be so bad.
What on this thread?

Either way I'm sorry to hear that you've had that happen my love and FWIW I think as a person judging by your posts you're terrific

Old 12-20-2016, 09:23 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What on this thread?

Either way I'm sorry to hear that you've had that happen my love and FWIW I think as a person judging by your posts you're terrific
No. lol No pix posted on this thread. I had a profile pic posted at one point. Switched back and forth between 2 different ones. But took them down, and replaced it with random art I did. lol

And thank you. Nice of you to say.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
No. lol No pix posted on this thread. I had a profile pic posted at one point. Switched back and forth between 2 different ones. But took them down, and replaced it with random art I did. lol

And thank you. Nice of you to say.
You're most welcome

Old 12-20-2016, 09:50 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Not everyone is blessed with good looks. I posted a pic of myself and I took it down quickly because I didn't want to be made fun of for not being that physically attractive. That's why some men struggle in my opinion.
I posted a pic of myself here once..it was a mistake..nobody responded which told me all I needed to know lol..I did get one pity compliment after a few hours that was about it..

Old 12-20-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I posted a pic of myself here once..it was a mistake..nobody responded which told me all I needed to know lol..I did get one pity compliment after a few hours that was about it..
Where was it posted?

Old 12-20-2016, 10:07 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Where was it posted?

In one of the threads on this forum..had the mods take it down. My ego was bruised enough already lol

Old 12-20-2016, 10:11 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:

1. Fear of ridicule.

I don't have my picture up anywhere for some of the same reasons. More so, I don't want my face to be associated with neurosis.

Oh and don't worry about what people online say. Y
They do that to everyone. It does not mean as much as you think. Some people are just mean spirited. Even my favorite girl Salma Hayek gets some ridicule too.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
In one of the threads on this forum..had the mods take it down. My ego was bruised enough already lol
Was you asking for comments or fishing? ( not sure of the nature of the thread )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships