Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 10:19 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetie789 View Post
first relationship for both of us
we only have sex around once a month
she's gained a bit of weight since we first started dating, and I've lost some physical attraction to her
If you really loved her, this would not bother you.

It's your first relationship; there will be others.

Cut bait and let this girl find someone who will love her for who she is on the inside as well as on the outside.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:27 AM

473 posts, read 307,685 times
Quote:

She's always been a little overweight, and I've been fine with that. It's just that in the past year or so she's gained a fairly large amount of extra weight. She's even mentioned it herself. I think I posted in the original post that I've tried to get her to join the gym when I go a couple times a week, but she never wants to. And I try to make healthier meals for myself, and cut out things like sugar, but she doesn't really care about eating healthy.
Could be or not, I really don't believe anyone what comes to weight. Many women believe they are over weight if they are not a size 0.. When usually sizes 2-12 are normal, depending how tall she is.

My bf said I am fat when I was in size 2 so I really don't believe anyones judgements. She could gain weight from size 6 to 12 and still be in her normal weight.

But if she is over weight and you cannot accept it, then she is and it is better to break up if weight is a deal breaker to you.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:33 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I can't believe you get bored during foreplay.

Yeah, that was my reaction, too. I've never heard of a guy getting bored during sex, during foreplay, or any of it. Especially a guy in his 20's. OP, maybe you should check with your doctor, to make sure your T levels are ok. Also, consider finding a different job, one that doesn't stress you out every day. It doesn't really sound like you're enjoying life. Any chance you might have a low-level depression going on?

Old 04-03-2017, 10:35 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, that was my reaction, too. I've never heard of a guy getting bored during sex, during foreplay, or any of it. Especially a guy in his 20's. OP, maybe you should check with your doctor, to make sure your T levels are ok. Also, consider finding a different job, one that doesn't stress you out every day. It doesn't really sound like you're enjoying life.

I don't think the OP ever mentioned their gender. It might be a female.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 AM

8 posts, read 10,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, maybe going to the gym isn't her thing. You could suggest something that you could do together, like dance classes or geocaching or just going for a walk. Do you cook and eat together, or are you just making healthy meals for yourself?

Otherwise, maybe your relationship has just run its course, and it's time for both of you to evaluate if you really have a future together.
Hmm, that's true. I know that she used to go jogging at the gym more regularly in the past, but maybe she never really enjoyed it. We do cook and eat together (sometimes she cooks dinner, sometimes I do, sometimes we order/go out), but lunches/breakfasts are a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, that was my reaction, too. I've never heard of a guy getting bored during sex, during foreplay, or any of it. Especially a guy in his 20's. OP, maybe you should check with your doctor, to make sure your T levels are ok. Also, consider finding a different job, one that doesn't stress you out every day. It doesn't really sound like you're enjoying life. Any chance you might have a low-level depression going on?
Is this something I'd check out with a GP?

I feel kind of trapped in my current job due to my debt level, but I do want to get out once that's manageable. I guess low level depression is a possibility. I dealt with depression a lot when growing up and went to a therapist about it 5-6 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I don't think the OP ever mentioned their gender. It might be a female.
Sorry, forgot to mention - am male.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:55 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Does she blame you for her never having an orgasm? Or tell you that you're just not doing things right or enough?
Has she told you she has never had one either alone or with somebody?

Old 04-03-2017, 11:16 AM

8 posts, read 10,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Does she blame you for her never having an orgasm? Or tell you that you're just not doing things right or enough?
Has she told you she has never had one either alone or with somebody?
She's never blamed me, and hasn't mentioning anything about not doing things right or enough either.

Yes, that's correct.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:17 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
You should mention in couples counseling that your girlfriend got fat and you don't want to have sex with her until she loses weight.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:19 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Is this something I'd check out with a GP?

I feel kind of trapped in my current job due to my debt level, but I do want to get out once that's manageable. I guess low level depression is a possibility. I dealt with depression a lot when growing up and went to a therapist about it 5-6 years ago.
Yes, you can bring it up with your primary care doc. At the same time, you could also ask if depression could be a factor, and mention that you have a history of that. Depression can affect libido.

Honestly, it's hard to say exactly what's doing on, except that we know you're really stressed from your job. I wonder, if you got into a job you enjoyed, and life started to look a bit more sunny, if your view of your partner might change for the better, too. It might. Or...not. But it can't hurt to check out all the possibilities, all the potential factors that could be contributing to the problem.

Do you two get along, otherwise? Do you enjoy each other's company, do stuff together on weekends, create positive memories to share?

Old 04-03-2017, 11:27 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You should mention in couples counseling that your girlfriend got fat and you don't want to have sex with her until she loses weight.
That would be rather harsh but I'd mention I wasn't turned on anymore because of the weight. Plus, if someone is ok with the weight gain while dating what is going to happen if they get married.

Something I've noticed a lot is that one or both people get obese, the sex stops and they get divorced. Then and only then do they get back into shape. Makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships