Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
rego00123:

Regarding the bolded part in pink... it is platonic... not plutonic.

Maybe rego really did mean igneous rock formed by solidification at considerable depth beneath the earth's surface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 01:59 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
then what's the problem here?

Why all the premeditation over how you should handle things?
Outside of them taking an interest in you what keeps YOU involved here if you feel intentions are not lining up?

If you "owe them nothing" what's this all about?

You're literally asking how to keep things plutonic so you can keep receiving what you want from the relation knowing or assuming large part of that interest and desire to relate back to you is not rooted in plutonic intentions.

You cannot claim ignorance when you have already shown you are aware.
I don't want anything plutonic. I think uranus is a better orbiter.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:51 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,201,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I went to a meetup a few weeks ago looking to make friends. I met this guy who seemed really cool. We had a lot of the same interests and we had a lot to talk about. He's been texting me almost every day and I have a feeling he has a crush on me. He's been trying to get me to hang out with him solo but I've been dodging it and only go out if there's a group.. but even then, he's talking to me the entire time. I've thought of sending him an awkward text telling him I only want to be friends but I feel weird about doing that. He has a friend who has a crush on me too. I find them both attractive but I really want friends right now. Not to sound cocky but I have enough dating prospects but not enough friends. How do I get out of this with two friends instead of two guys mad at me?
It might be actually best if you just end the meetups with the guy, and do what another poster suggested and look for clubs dedicated to meeting new friends or platonic relationships. From what you're saying, it seems like he likes you...a lot. Putting him in the friendzone may make things awkward for you and the guy. He probably won't really see you as just a friend because his goal would be to try and get with you every time you guys meet up.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:34 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
True again. Also, in some cases---not all---"let's just be friends" is code for "let's be civil to each other, but leave each other alone". When a woman turns me down romantically, I initially react by doing just that: saying "OK" and retreating. It's what most women prefer, and it leaves no hard feelings. But if she reaches out to me later, and is not asking for a favor, then I know her friendship offer was genuine. In fact, that's how my current friendship with the Meetup started out in a similar way.
My aim would be to be civil but I want to be clear that I would not want anything to do with them. I'd want it to be like we are strangers in the street, like we never met. Just pretend nothing happened.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:23 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Which may be why the haikus go right over his head. Just sayin.
It's hard to stay golden, pony boy.

...or was that Lucas
The point of them went over my head
As in why timber would resort to acting such as way. I understood what "they" meant

I fully understood his intentions after he repeated the same behavior twice.

He's getting the attention he wants from the people willing to give it. If I wanted to brown nose it here I could as well. it's easy to please the selection of regulars who happen to post here daily, but I have no desire for such things.

Anywho continue on...

Old 08-31-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I don't want anything plutonic. I think uranus is a better orbiter.
If you don't want anything you wouldn't have a question my dear.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:32 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
I don't consider joking to be inferior to arguing. And I like haikus just fine.

Timberline can have all the brownie points he wants, after all, the rules are made up and the points don't matter, right?

Old 08-31-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I don't consider joking to be inferior to arguing. And I like haikus just fine.

Timberline can have all the brownie points he wants, after all, the rules are made up and the points don't matter, right?
^
Point to timberline

FWIW: a lot of what gets mixed around with my words is caused by writing on my phone. Autocorrect mixed with hitting two keys at once will often cause my phone to reconstruct a work on its own.

but please continue to keep showing your true natures, Harpies and vultures are opportunist after all.

Last edited by rego00123; 08-31-2017 at 10:41 AM..

Old 08-31-2017, 10:46 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The point of them went over my head
As in why timber would resort to acting such as way. I understood what "they" meant

I fully understood his intentions after he repeated the same behavior twice.

He's getting the attention he wants from the people willing to give it. If I wanted to brown nose it here I could as well. it's easy to please the selection of regulars who happen to post here daily, but I have no desire for such things.

Anywho continue on...
You just did that which you accuse others of. That always seems to happen here, so quick to point finger of critism 3 are pointing back.
Carry on, in glass house, Rego-lar.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You just did that which you accuse others of. That always seems to happen here, so quick to point finger of critism 3 are pointing back.
Carry on, in glass house, Rego-lar.
Please give examples with their context

Sorry i am dense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships