Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 08:47 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times

Advertisements

Just because you've been ''Friendzoned'' does not mean that you have to stay in the friend zone. That's a choice that you make, if you choose to stay in this friend zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 03:59 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Just because you've been ''Friendzoned'' does not mean that you have to stay in the friend zone. That's a choice that you make, if you choose to stay in this friend zone.
Thank you. You won't pull that friend zone on Diss. FAR too aware and intelligent to just take it like a sucker.

Before I get rebuttals, this exclusively applies to woman who've rejected me as a romantic partner after making my intentions known. I have a lot of female friends.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:19 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Thank you. You won't pull that friend zone on Diss. FAR too aware and intelligent to just take it like a sucker.

Before I get rebuttals, this exclusively applies to woman who've rejected me as a romantic partner after making my intentions known. I have a lot of female friends.
Ok. Fair. If you come right out and say you're interested but I'm not and you choose to not speak to me anymore, fine, whatever. But these guys haven't come right out and said it for me to say I'm not interested. But I can tell they are. I could be wrong but not likely . I'd feel dumb saying no when they haven't even asked me out yet.. That's why I'm like what am I scheming?? I think the first guy got the message though. He hasn't texted me since the last time we hung out.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:50 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Like, how? Once a woman decides she doesn't want to get sexual with a man, oftentimes within 5 minutes of meeting him, neither he nor she can change that. It's harsh, but true. Remember the railroad underpass scene in the "Lucas" movie? He awkwardly tries to kiss her; she backs away.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Ok. Fair. If you come right out and say you're interested but I'm not and you choose to not speak to me anymore, fine, whatever. But these guys haven't come right out and said it for me to say I'm not interested. But I can tell they are. I could be wrong but not likely . I'd feel dumb saying no when they haven't even asked me out yet.. That's why I'm like what am I scheming?? I think the first guy got the message though. He hasn't texted me since the last time we hung out.
That's fair too. No use dumping water of there is no fire.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Like, how? Once a woman decides she doesn't want to get sexual with a man, oftentimes within 5 minutes of meeting him, neither he nor she can change that. It's harsh, but true. Remember the railroad underpass scene in the "Lucas" movie? He awkwardly tries to kiss her; she backs away.

How? Easy, you can choose to actually become friends (which is not being in a friendzone, which implies you want something else than friendship), or you can stop hanging out with the person at all.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:16 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
That was 30 years ago.
I dont remember go finding Lucas attractive either, physically or personality-wise. He woulda been just 'meh' as a friend also. Great story for the underdog to relate to though.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Like I said earlier, cut bait and RUN away from a woman who rejects you romantically. You get to preserve your dignity and self-respect by doing so.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:

So because someone does not want to be your romantic partner, she automatically makes a bad friend? That makes no sense to me.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:43 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Like I said earlier, cut bait and RUN away from a woman who rejects you romantically. You get to preserve your dignity and self-respect by doing so.
I feel nothing but pity for someone who thinks that having someone not want to be romantic with you is a rejection that reflects on your dignity and self-respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships