Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:06 PM

696 posts, read 905,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Trust me ... you don't want to marry a 20-year-old. Or even a 23-yr-old.
And why do you think that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 08:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
And why do you think that?
Because you are WAY more likely to end up divorced.

I seriously would worry a whole lot less about "her" and focus on the one thing you can control: YOU and your perception of people in the world.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:14 PM

36 posts, read 16,040 times
why in god's green earth would you want to date 18 - 20 year olds if you're a 27-30 year old male? I'm 29 and I had a beautiful 19 year old who was very interested in me once and I would never give that a chance. They're like kids at that age

OP, I'm in the same boat. I'm a pretty good looking, successful, college educated 29 year old childless 29 year old male. I would really love to meet an attractive 25-30 year old intelligent childless woman but it's not easy

Old 09-26-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeddClarity View Post
why in god's green earth would you want to date 18 - 20 year olds if you're a 27-30 year old male? I'm 29 and I had a beautiful 19 year old who was very interested in me once and I would never give that a chance. They're like kids at that age

OP, I'm in the same boat. I'm a pretty good looking, successful, college educated 29 year old childless 29 year old male. I would really love to meet an attractive 25-30 year old intelligent childless woman but it's not easy
Well that's your decision. If anyone would like to offer advice or answer the questions I posed here rather than just criticizing me that would be great. Also if you read my post you would see I am not trying to only date that age bracket.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 PM

36 posts, read 16,040 times
Quote:
Well that's your decision. If anyone would like to offer advice or answer the questions I posed here rather than just criticizing me that would be great. Also if you read my posts you would see I am not trying to only date that age bracket.
dude they're kids at that age, you will not be happy dating them unless you're emotionally a kid yourself

look for someone a few years out of college

Old 09-26-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
dude they're kids at that age, you will not be happy dating them unless you're emotionally a kid yourself

look for someone a few years out of college
That's your opinion. Mentally I don't feel much different at 19 or 20 than I do now.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:35 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:

Telling someone who they shouldn't date is laughable, lol.

That's your decision (and yours alone). Plenty of late 20's guys date 18-20 year old women with no problems. I'm 26, and would date an 18-20 year old if she was mature enough. My only issue would be how their college schedule would be (if they went), since that can be pretty demanding.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:59 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Telling someone who they shouldn't date is laughable, lol.

That's your decision (and yours alone). Plenty of late 20's guys date 18-20 year old women with no problems. I'm 26, and would date an 18-20 year old if she was mature enough. My only issue would be how their college schedule would be (if they went), since that can be pretty demanding.
Definitely.

I think people on this forum really need to get off of telling other posters who they should/shouldn't date, or that they can't date someone this age or that age, or a divorced/single parent. It's infuriating to read.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:47 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Well that's your decision. If anyone would like to offer advice or answer the questions I posed here rather than just criticizing me that would be great. Also if you read my post you would see I am not trying to only date that age bracket.
Op, you've been given some good advice on this thread, from several people. In some cases, some very specific and practical advice. I'm not sure what more anyone can tell you, or what you're looking for, that you haven't already been given, here. Were you hoping to find a guy who could set you up with his cousin in Rochester? Because short of that, you've been given some good advice, about where to find single women in your area, and where to move to, where there are more single, childree women your age.

As far as I can tell, we should be about done with this thread. The rest is just hand-wringing.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:12 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Definitely.

I think people on this forum really need to get off of telling other posters who they should/shouldn't date, or that they can't date someone this age or that age, or a divorced/single parent. It's infuriating to read.
I must note, it's usually just men being told that....and our sweet little delicate, aromatic flower just launched another doozy in another age thread. The purveyor of the now infamous Red Pill thread no less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships