Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 PM

696 posts, read 905,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Join a singles group, you will find them.
What do you mean a "singles group"? Where do these groups exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 01:29 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
What do you mean a "singles group"? Where do these groups exist?
IDK about Rochester, but generally speaking there are: singles Meet-up groups, singles speed dating events, singles hikes organized by the local hiking club, and other community-based singles events of various sorts. Have you ever read the "events" section of your newspaper, usually published once/week? They're usually listed there. Or, you could always, you know--do an internet search.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:21 PM

651 posts, read 408,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK about Rochester, but generally speaking there are: singles Meet-up groups, singles speed dating events, singles hikes organized by the local hiking club, and other community-based singles events of various sorts. Have you ever read the "events" section of your newspaper, usually published once/week? They're usually listed there. Or, you could always, you know--do an internet search.
I am not sure about big cities but in central jersey these groups are mostly middle age ones (40s and 50s). I joined a couple and have not seen anyone below 30, thats for sure.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:36 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Looking for singles groups in a physical newspaper is not something that many Millennials are going to be doing. It's like when a friend wanted us to go on singles cruise and I had to break it to her that the guys I'd want to date would probably not be anywhere near a singles cruise.

I think if younger people want to meet cohorts to date, they just need to get out and do stuff that they think is fun. Every person who shows up on the keg ride or the urban hike or whatever may not be looking for a date, but expanding your social circle, being a well-rounded person, and being around people in general are all attractive qualities.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
I am 27 now, and it seems to get harder and harder to meet someone as I got older. By my early 20's it seems most girls I met were already in relationship and by my age most of them are married or in a serious long term relationship. I imagine by the time I am 30 the number of single girls will be almost 0. It seems to me like the only girls who are actually single and without kids are 18-20 years old. Any single girls I do happen to meet who are my age are single mothers with kids (not that theres anything wrong with that but it's not what I am looking for). Are there actually single girls without kids my age?
Well, if they are your age, they're women, not girls.

I think that 27 is a weird time because a good many people your age have recently coupled and started families.

You'll have to look younger or older to find a larger variety of single women, most likely. The 25-30ish group are probably the biggest chunk who are going to be taken already.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:00 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, if they are your age, they're women, not girls.

I think that 27 is a weird time because a good many people your age have recently coupled and started families.

You'll have to look younger or older to find a larger variety of single women, most likely. The 25-30ish group are probably the biggest chunk who are going to be taken already.
That likely depends on location. In NYC, there are plenty of 25-30ish women that are single.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:12 PM

651 posts, read 408,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
That likely depends on location. In NYC, there are plenty of 25-30ish women that are single.
But they are also prrrrrrobably the kind you dont want to build a relationship with. Mostly because they are so conditioned that they are "complete and happy on their own" to a point where having a quality relationship adds absolutely nothing to their lives. When you're young and beautiful it is very easy to treat guys as interchangeable. Problems arise when they hit middle age and their looks start to give out a little bit and, lo and behold, dating is not so fun anymore.

I am over generalizing of course for the sake of argument and there are some girls who want and value long term partnerships but they are so far and few in between (or so it seems these days) that you might as well just live your life the way you want it and let the chips fall as they may.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
I'm 27, most people tell me women my age already have kids or have been married at least once. I might be single for awhile if that's the case.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:29 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm 27, most people tell me women my age already have kids or have been married at least once. I might be single for awhile if that's the case.
I think RedZin's 25 to 30 comment was accurate. It seems to be the same observation that I have seen as well.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think RedZin's 25 to 30 comment was accurate. It seems to be the same observation that I have seen as well.
Well if that's the case, I'll be cutting out a lot of people when it comes to dating. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships