Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:17 PM

276 posts, read 178,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeddClarity View Post
dude they're kids at that age, you will not be happy dating them unless you're emotionally a kid yourself

look for someone a few years out of college
Pure jelousy here. No man turns down sexy 20 year olds. They absolutely are not "kids" and will shut you down faster than you can open your mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 10:23 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
I certainly don't think women 18 to 20 are far too young for me. I have a have a friend my age who is dating a 19 yr old. Anyways hopefully I find someone and get married soon and don't have to worry about this. I just want to keep my options open in case it does not happen. I had planned on getting married by age 25 when I was in my early 20's and that never happened.
Well, I overlooked the part where you said you were 27. In which case, you miss the "N/2+7" rule (where N is the older person's age) by a hair.
So, 27/2+7=20.5 .

But hey, if you're happy and not stringing anyone along, I'm not judging. Hope it works out well for you.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:52 PM

36 posts, read 16,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Pure jelousy here. No man turns down sexy 20 year olds. They absolutely are not "kids" and will shut you down faster than you can open your mouth.

I didn't pursue a very beautiful 19 year old at a concert who gave me every sign of interest imaginable.

they're in a very different state of life and I'm looking for a serious relationship. Impossible to carry a conversation with 90% of people that young anyways

Old 09-26-2017, 11:04 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,502,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post

And you're 29. You want to be dating women, not girls. 29 year old women have an education, a career, and are looking for a guy with their same life goals. Figure out where you want to move to.

People toss this mess out without any thought! I've never met and dated a 30-something who has the same goals as I do. Mine = family. Theirs typically = be a wage slave and travel the world. Very compatible, indeed.

There's a reason 38-year old lawyers are left scrambling on OD sites. Guys they want to date aren't trying to compete with a potential spouse to see who can top 75 hours during the work week. Guys missing a swell wife and kids aren't looking for a competition at home, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
As you probably have noticed here, "single mom" is a pejorative term, while single fathers are generally lauded as noble martyrs.
I thought they were ignored, to be honest. Or did the tone of the forum change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a grown up man... I don't wanna just F young women... that crap got old really quick... how does one move past that??????
Sounds creepy...but, I don't hang with that kind of crowd. Could have dabbled there in my younger days, but those women become the reformed holy roller single moms everyone rightly ignores. Not sure you can moved passed that. You sleep with the dog and get the fleas as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Join a singles group, you will find them.
Problem: Most singles groups a la Meetup, are sausage fests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post

I am over generalizing of course for the sake of argument and there are some girls who want and value long term partnerships but they are so far and few in between (or so it seems these days) that you might as well just live your life the way you want it and let the chips fall as they may.
This is true, yet while living the Sex and the City life is applauded, it's almost taboo to be old fashioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I have many pretty single girl friends around your age. Funny thing is, they're asking the same thing you are, but about guys.
So...why the disconnect? "Pretty" is a relative term, so what are their value systems and morals looking like? My stepmom always tried to set me up with what she thought were catches for me. Her idea for me was typically an artsy, 40-something doobie smoker that's a dime a dozen on OkCupid. I want a family oriented, walk the straight and narrow gal that mirrors myself. See the problem? Yeah. So, when I hear that places like San Freaksicko have an abundance of women, well, you truly must ask if they are the kind most any well-meaning guy would want!

Quote:
I certainly don't think women 18 to 20 are far too young for me. I have a have a friend my age who is dating a 19 yr old. Anyways hopefully I find someone and get married soon and don't have to worry about this. I just want to keep my options open in case it does not happen. I had planned on getting married by age 25 when I was in my early 20's and that never happened.
Didn't we all? Get told to hit the books and get good jobs, then get pestered for not being attracted to women that want to do nothing but that...sigh. Granted, where I lived in my early 20s was 18-year old single mom heaven.

Quote:
Trust me ... you don't want to marry a 20-year-old. Or even a 23-yr-old.
Okay.

Quote:
Because you are WAY more likely to end up divorced.

I seriously would worry a whole lot less about "her" and focus on the one thing you can control: YOU and your perception of people in the world.
At OP's age, he's a lot less likely to marry to justify being horny or to rebel against parents. I saw plenty of those at that age. Besides, it is silly to not have a certain non-hypocritical demand of a potential future spouse. What smart man doesn't???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeddClarity View Post
why in god's green earth would you want to date 18 - 20 year olds if you're a 27-30 year old male? I'm 29 and I had a beautiful 19 year old who was very interested in me once and I would never give that a chance. They're like kids at that age

OP, I'm in the same boat. I'm a pretty good looking, successful, college educated 29 year old childless 29 year old male. I would really love to meet an attractive 25-30 year old intelligent childless woman but it's not easy
Why not? As in my first response, it's a ton easier to find a family oriented gal at that age who wants what I want in life rather then pester a wage slave into that. Divergent values = divorce. You blew it, anyway. Maybe your miss was destined to waste life posting on Instagram. Who knows. You'd be right in that case, but you weren't cut out at being a grown up and showing her the ways of life like a grown man should. Either way, me being 38, I'm not pining my hopes on swiping left on Bumble through endless profiles full of "fur parent" types who "love a glass of wine".

Quote:
That's your opinion. Mentally I don't feel much different at 19 or 20 than I do now.
People click and it's not always textbook. Glad (not really) to see the feminist "date age appropriate" mess is being waved around at you. It'd been a while since I'd seen it here. Women mature earlier...physically. People don't grow brain cells, so someone's lacking grey matter at 20, they aren't winning Nobel's in physics at 40. Experiences? Overrated. A woman whose "experienced" what amounts to a a small city ain't something I want a part of. Make your own experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Telling someone who they shouldn't date is laughable, lol.

That's your decision (and yours alone). Plenty of late 20's guys date 18-20 year old women with no problems. I'm 26, and would date an 18-20 year old if she was mature enough. My only issue would be how their college schedule would be (if they went), since that can be pretty demanding.
Exactly. There is no "OSFA" here. Values and backgrounds are different. I've met at least a few tatted up barely legals who got kicked out of the house at 16, but thankfully way more that were way more grounded.

Quote:
Truth. I keep into touch with an ex-coworker who turned 20 over the weekend. She's a real good sport, because I troll her mercilessly about just turning 16 and getting her learner's permit or just turning 18 way too much, but we get our chuckles in. In any case, she's devout in her faith and she rocks a mean (not mini) skirt. Terrific gal. The MGTOW types who were led to believe that Miss Right was a bar visit and one nighter away would miss them and that's their problem. Or not, for all involved.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:32 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,914,311 times
Quote:
The problem is:

1. It is hard to actually find young single women, since most women who are single are 18-20 and in college, which is a social island.
So? They go other places besides to class and back to the dorms. Maybe not as much as other folks, but it sounds to me like you're not out and about at the right times/enough.

Quote:
2. If looking at clubs or bars, most women are at least 21 and 70-80% of them are taken by then.
So what? Most good women are going to be taken. What's your point? You plan on growing old waiting for a window where they're single?

Quote:
3 If I actually find single women, they will be less likely to want me, the older I get. I am 27 and although I take care of my skin and can pass for younger, eventually they will ask my age. This will become more of a problem as I get older. I could tell them I am younger than my real age and maybe get found out later, at which point they may or may not care, or tell them the truth and they might be turned off by my age.

It seems like there are not alot of good options.
BS. Like I said 27 is a sweet spot. Women like older guys. At your age you should have no problem dating an 18 year old if you want. 30 is sort of a mental cutoff here, but again easy enough to work around. Realistically you shouldn't have trouble getting women in her 20's until somewhere around 45-50. Even at 60, if you take care of yourself, you shouldn't have too much trouble dating a woman in her 30's if you so choose.

This age thing is all in your head.

I can't really speak to Rochester, but if it's anything like Buffalo you should have plenty of options.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
At OP's age, he's a lot less likely to marry to justify being horny or to rebel against parents. I saw plenty of those at that age. Besides, it is silly to not have a certain non-hypocritical demand of a potential future spouse. What smart man doesn't???
OH the divorce won't be HIS idea. It would be hers. After about 10-12 years when she looks around and asks, "Is this all there is?"

Just like the OP is doing now.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:33 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhound View Post
it is sorta funny all these guys here who espouse the mgtow stuff spending so much time in a romantic relationships forum.

Oh... The irony.

They ain't quite got the "going their own way" part down yet.
mgtow?

Old 09-27-2017, 06:54 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
mgtow?
It means "men going their own way", a male counterpart of feminist separatism.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:54 AM

437 posts, read 336,442 times
Quote:
Agree.

The thing is the sexy 20 year old is nearly always doing or has any of the following...

Playing with her phone, or talking on her phone

Has headphones on, listening to music

Already has a bf

So if u get an opening with one, and she gives u a sign she is interested in u.....u cant hesitate.
Opportunities like that dont come around often.

You gotta take it. I did, and we were together for 2 and a half years.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:18 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Telling someone who they shouldn't date is laughable, lol.

That's your decision (and yours alone). Plenty of late 20's guys date 18-20 year old women with no problems. I'm 26, and would date an 18-20 year old if she was mature enough. My only issue would be how their college schedule would be (if they went), since that can be pretty demanding.
I met a 19 year old a few days ago, who is a nursing major at school. Much to my surprise, she is single. Since most women in college aren't single, whenever a situation like that arises you have to take it quick. I don't care what others say as long as she's 18 or older, she is an adult and if we like each other what's the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships