Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:00 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,281,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
I had thought of going back to school. I tried going to a local college here 2 years ago but I have joint problems, and I had to leave after a week because walking around the large campus was too painful for me.
Does “I had thought of going back to school” mean you don’t have a degree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 05:09 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,914,311 times
Quote:
I am 27 now, and it seems to get harder and harder to meet someone as I got older. By my early 20's it seems most girls I met were already in relationship and by my age most of them are married or in a serious long term relationship. I imagine by the time I am 30 the number of single girls will be almost 0. It seems to me like the only girls who are actually single and without kids are 18-20 years old. Any single girls I do happen to meet who are my age are single mothers with kids (not that theres anything wrong with that but it's not what I am looking for). Are there actually single girls without kids my age?
Yes, the older you get the harder it gets to find quality women close to your age without kids. And the younger women aren't likely to be interested in settling down right away.

Personally I ran into this problem a while back and so far I've just stuck with the younger, single girls. One good thing about being older and dating younger is you already know all the BS & tricks she is likely to pull (having lived through it the first time around).

I was talking to a young co-ed on a break from school the other day and after about 5 minutes she was ready to give me the jump. Probably didn't hurt the guy beside me trying to talk to her was a skinny jeans wearing, effeminate Millennial dude and that I looked even better by contrast.

I mean she didn't seem to be very worldly, but she was enthusiastic and I could see myself taking her to bed. It's not like you have to marry every girl you come across.

Based on your post I wonder if you would have approached her when you saw she was already talking to a guy. If not you've got more to learn than just hoping to luck into a single 27 year old woman who's looking to meet you.

Your joint issue also give me pause. Are you even healthy enough to show a girl a good time or would she be walking into a situation where she'd have to make concessions to keep dating you?

If that's the case I'd start going to lunch at hospital cafeterias (nurses) and/or doing volunteer work (non-profits/social workers) since these are areas where you'll find more empathetic women. Also graveyard shift nurses are likely to be in a situation where they might be high quality women, but their hours make it difficult for them to date.

Basically you can:

1. Find a single mother of quality and date her.
2. Just keep dating younger women who are happy to hop on the horse.
3. Find some other outlet and give up altogether.
4. Relocate somewhere with better odds before you get any older (since 35 seems to be closer to the absolute cutoff).

Problem with the first is you'll always come second in the relationship & there are other issues other than just finding a quality girl.

The second, as you may or may not know yet, tends to be fun for a while, but as you get older and your life is more together these girls can become very annoying to you. But thus far it's preferable to other options.

And if you take the approach I took before by trying to train her to be a better woman you're looking at a crapshoot that's likely to waste your remaining good years. Usually you can eventually break her of some of her bad habits, but overall you're not likely to get any big changes.

Today a lot of guys go with the third option. Safes a lot of time and if you are one of those guys who would rather be hanging out with friends doing geeky stuff it may be an even better option.

And the forth option is probably the one you should go with since 27 is a sweet spot for dating younger if you want, but also dating girls 25+ who are getting to the point where they actually want a family.

In my experience most women like older guys and will date up to 10 years older assuming you don't act old.

A lot can happen in three years (obviously I'm assuming you already can get a date).

Just be thankful you're a guy and you have the option to keep dating younger and won't lose your looks until your mid-40's instead of your mid-30's like women tend to do.

Also keep in mind that just because she's in a relationship doesn't mean she's off limits or even happy. Most quality women tend to be always in a relationship (with brief periods of being single) and it really isn't up to you to play morality police.

Which could very well be your issue. It may all be in your head and thus limiting you in reality.

Quote:
I live in rochester ny.
I remember going out a Goth chick from Rochester back in the day with a tragic flaw--man voice. Sometimes a low voice on a woman can be sexy and other times...it's more of an asthmatic geriatric situation.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:31 AM

1,199 posts, read 731,225 times
Yes. There's a lot of them. Finding single women post college takes more effort. You're not constantly around tons of singles just be virtue of showing up to class and the endless stream of parties and events. You've got to get out there and go to places where you can meet new people. Crazy I know.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:02 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Of course it gets worse. Some 80 percent of women have kids by the time their are 40 ish. Those aren't good stats for someone is looking to meet a childfree woman. Add on top of that the other basic traits someone may be looking for, so in other words if you're pushing 40 your chances of meeting a childfree woman that you are attracted to and have mutual interest is getting close to the same odds of winning the lotto.
In my last town not only did the women pretty much all have kids, but most barely had jobs or worked for minimum wage, and usually had a litter of kids with multiple men.

Yes, dating after college is dismal.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:53 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Of course it gets worse. Some 80 percent of women have kids by the time their are 40 ish. Those aren't good stats for someone is looking to meet a childfree woman. Add on top of that the other basic traits someone may be looking for, so in other words if you're pushing 40 your chances of meeting a childfree woman that you are attracted to and have mutual interest is getting close to the same odds of winning the lotto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Or just date 21-25 year olds!! Every year a new crop of women reach this age bracket.
Quote:
I'm a grown up man... I don't wanna just F young women... that crap got old really quick... how does one move past that??????
Well if you want someone without kids there's nothing quite like a sweet juicy 25 year old.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:25 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,281,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
In my last town not only did the women pretty much all have kids, but most barely had jobs or worked for minimum wage, and usually had a litter of kids with multiple men.

Yes, dating after college is dismal.
It really depends on where you live. If you live somewhere with tons of college educated professional / white collar women, many of those are too occupied with education and getting their career on track to be popping out a litter of kids with multiple guys. They also aren't as likely to be making those kinds of poor life decisions.

Personally, my best dating years were around age 27 to 32. I had the engineering degree, the established career, and the interesting lifestyle. I had no problem at all attracting quality single women. The only problem was that they tended to want to superglue a brick to the gas pedal with the pace of the relationship. I was relationship-shy from a previous exploded LTR at the time and the pace was just too fast for me. I serial dated and bailed out on a number of quality people when the pace was too fast for me.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:36 AM

77 posts, read 59,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I'm in my 50s and almost all of my female friends are single. So don't despair, you'll be amazed by how fast you get here.

Good one

Actually, it is true.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:46 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,954,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It really depends on where you live. If you live somewhere with tons of college educated professional / white collar women, many of those are too occupied with education and getting their career on track to be popping out a litter of kids with multiple guys. They also aren't as likely to be making those kinds of poor life decisions.

Personally, my best dating years were around age 27 to 32. I had the engineering degree, the established career, and the interesting lifestyle. I had no problem at all attracting quality single women. The only problem was that they tended to want to superglue a brick to the gas pedal with the pace of the relationship. I was relationship-shy from a previous exploded LTR at the time and the pace was just too fast for me. I serial dated and bailed out on a number of quality people when the pace was too fast for me.
This is true. I was in Wyoming and women there were not too ambitious. The town I'm in now seems to have more people with their act together but I haven't been so ambitious to date. I definitely dated a lot of people who moved too fast like you said.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:04 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Nope.. All the single 20-25 er's who don't have any kids, and aren't overweight are all beamed up to
Unicorn Land where nobody can get to them. They make appeances.... just to mess with men, and give them the false notion of possibly landing one of them.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:09 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Join a singles group, you will find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships